• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy VS Mario (1-7-0)

Wait, considering that Mario would know how strong Luffy is after he dies from one punch, he would probably try to use his hax like transmutation and try to dodge luffy punches with his cape

Also, doesn´t Haki users get hit all the time in One Piece? I don´t think that this would make Luffy untouchable

Last edited:
Also, doesn´t Haki users get hit all the time in One Piece?
Yeah because everyone has it lol
People with comparable haki hit each other, people with superior haki hit the other like nothing.
Grand Line in general is dangerous because everyone has DF, Shin Sekai is even more because people have Haki.

Considering that Mario would know how strong Luffy is after he dies from one punch, he would probably try to use his hax like transmutation and try to dodge luffy punches with his cape
I mentioned both above, but specially the cape is ignored by g4 naturally as one of the main attacks of this form is his arm taking curves until he hits the target.

Edit: also please op add my vote!

Yeah because everyone has it lol
People with comparable haki hit each other, people with superior haki hit the other like nothing.
Grand Line in general is dangerous because everyone has DF, Shin Sekai is even more because people have Haki.
Didn´t Enel had haki and even then had his ass kicked by Luffy?

I mentioned both above, but specially the cape is ignored by g4 naturally as one of the main attacks of this form is his arm taking curves until he hits the target.
You didn´t mentioned transmutation

Also, Luffy is f#cked if Mario uses time manipulation and restart the battle or use Time Stop

Just because Luffy is made of, y'know, rubber :)
Members of the crew whose durability and AP scale to Luffy's got their asses smacked on by Enel and a good chunk of why is haki

Golden Mario's still dying from one hit, the fire from this form is a wincon for Mario, yeah (there's Busoshoku's Attack Reflection, but still). If you mean trying to transform Luffy in a Mushroom, supernatural luck and gg or dodging, or attack reflection

Also, Luffy is f#cked if Mario uses time manipulation and restart the battle
Luffy is a better strategist than Mario and if the latter restarts his items don't come back

Time Stop
Luffy does have a nice dura on this key and it is very amped in g4, and a huge chunk (actually all, as Luffy's dura is higher than Mario's AP while he's on g4) of the damage done by blunt force is just negged...naturally by his rubber body, btw

Add my vote plz

Members of the crew whose durability and AP scale to Luffy's got their asses smacked on by Enel and a good chunk of why is haki

Golden Mario's still dying from one hit, the fire from this form is a wincon for Mario, yeah (there's Busoshoku's Attack Reflection, but still). If you mean trying to transform Luffy in a Mushroom, supernatural luck and gg or dodging, or attack reflection

Luffy is a better strategist than Mario and if the latter restarts his items don't come back

Time Stop
Luffy does have a nice dura on this key and it is very amped in g4, and a huge chunk (actually all, as Luffy's dura is higher than Mario's AP while he's on g4) of the damage done by blunt force is just negged...naturally by his rubber body, btw

Add my vote plz

Time Stop

Add my vote plz

That ins't my point, Enel had Kenbunshoku Hakai, but he wasn't untouchable, so there is no reason to believe why Luffy would be

A hit that Luffy will not be able to do If he gets transmuted

I wouldn't say that with 100% certainty, but i understand your point

Yes, but Hax >>>> Physical Stats

That ins't my point, Enel had Kenbunshoku Hakai, but he wasn't untouchable, so there is no reason to believe why Luffy would be.
What? First of all Luffy needed a very specific counter to actually tag Enel in the form of turning off his mind which is what Enel reads. Secondly this Luffy uses future sight, a completely different variant than Enel so this argument makes zero sense.

What? First of all Luffy needed a very specific counter to actually tag Enel in the form of turning off his mind which is what Enel reads. Secondly this Luffy uses future sight, a completely different variant than Enel so this argument makes zero sense.
So Luffy is untouchable by any non-haki user?

So Luffy is untouchable by any non-haki user?
That's not an argument. Luffy has future sight so you'd need evidence of Mario being able to tag someone that can consistently see 5-10 seconds into the future while spamming it. Even other Kenbunshoku users that can use the mind have an incredibly hard time tagging him.

A hit that Luffy will not be able to do If he gets transmuted
i just talked about it again, what do you mean?
If you mean trying to transform Luffy in a Mushroom, supernatural luck and gg or dodging, or attack reflection

Yes, but Hax >>>> Physical Stats
not the case for Mario's hax, who are basically adding to his status (at least the ones that mattered - Battle Cards and RPG)

I wouldn't say that with 100% certainty, but i understand your point
About the items there's no discussion cuz it's on the description. About the strategist part, just compare the intelligence section

That ins't my point, Enel had Kenbunshoku Hakai, but he wasn't untouchable, so there is no reason to believe why Luffy would be
not answering this part because it already got addressed<

what stops Mario from hitting Luffy with the Time Stop + Possession/Transmutation combo

he's bound to do that at some point once he figures most of his usual tactics ain't workin

what stops Mario from hitting Luffy with the Time Stop + Possession/Transmutation combo.
The fact that Luffy would have blown Mario up from the inside out before then + G5 essentially being a free revive for Luffy.

Luffy starts with durability negation in this key and while in this key he'll come back to life with an amp if Mario manages to do anything fatal before Luffy does which I find doubtful. Mario doesn't start with lethal shit, after unlocking Ryou Luffy began to spam it from the start in this key.
he's bound to do that at some point once he figures most of his usual tactics ain't workin
Read above.

The fact that Luffy would have blown Mario up from the inside out before then + G5 essentially being a free revive for Luffy.

doubt that, as it really wouldn't take long for Mario to bust that out quicker, especially if he uses Zone Speed along with it

not to mention Luffy's Resurrection would be useless, as he wouldn't be killed from possession or transmutation

doubt that, as it really wouldn't take long for Mario to bust that out quicker, especially if he uses Zone Speed along with it.
Luffy has his own speed amps and precognition. Luffy also uses dura neg way quicker into matches than Mario does.

Mario starts with fire and physical attacks, Luffy starts out with durability negation spam.
not to mention Luffy's Resurrection would be useless, as he wouldn't be killed from possession or transmutation
Transmutation is considered fatal hax.

Luffy has his own speed amps and precognition. Luffy also uses dura neg way quicker into matches than Mario does.

Mario starts with fire and physical attacks, Luffy starts out with durability negation spam.

Hence why I said that it wouldn't take long for Mario to figure he'd need to use it, since he'd probably just get murked

Mario should also be able to react decently well, since he can dodge both Bowser Memory M and L when they rush him with a Super Star

Transmutation is considered fatal hax.

Apparently not, since some consider the fact that you could still be conscious while transmuted (had this argument in a Mario vs Chara thread, iirc), and you'd probs need evidence of this man reviving after being transmutated

either way, I still don't see that happening faster than Mario stopping Time and either transmutating him, or possessing him

Last edited:
G5 essentially being a free revive for Luffy.
Just to be clear, luffys on the key before g5 apparently.
what stops Mario from hitting Luffy with the Time Stop + Possession/Transmutation combo
I JUST talked about transmutation and TS, read the thread
Also the Possession is relying on the cap laying on Luffys head, and it will not happen when he can see many seconds into the future

I JUST talked about transmutation and TS, read the thread
Also the Possession is relying on the cap laying on Luffys head, and it will not happen when he can see many seconds into the future

Yeah nah, ya really ain't say much. Only mentioning his Durability in regards to Mario's AP

and that doesn't cover Mario hitting Luffy with a time stop + possession/transmutation combo

so if anything, imma vote plumber boy just for that

OK guys i was dead so i will try to answer you

That's not an argument. Luffy has future sight so you'd need evidence of Mario being able to tag someone that can consistently see 5-10 seconds into the future while spamming it. Even other Kenbunshoku users that can use the mind have an incredibly hard time tagging him.
I Never said that's this was a argument

Anyway, sorry for the misconception about Enel

Btw, doesn´t Luffy needs to "activate" haki when he will use it? I don´t think he will use it as a first move in a fight against a random guy

i just talked about it again, what do you mean?
Supernatural Luck: Something that Mario also has

Dodge It or use Attack Reflection: If Mario tries to transform Luffy in a mushroom he couldn´t dodge it because it doesn´t releases a ray or something similar, but directly transmutes him

not the case for Mario's hax, who are basically adding to his status (at least the ones that mattered - Battle Cards and RPG)
I was talking about Transmutation and Time Stop

About the items there's no discussion cuz it's on the description. About the strategist part, just compare the intelligence section
Mario is also a Genius

I again ask why hasn't OP added my vote for luffy?
Because i´m debating with you if the reasons for your vote are valid? But if you want to go that way then i will add your vote

Last edited:
Voting Mario due to Transmutation + Resurrection + Time Stop

Also, he can, if he have the chance or during the Time Stop, use Fear Inducement or Possession

Back