• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy VS Mario (1-7-0)

Idk if i am cooking or not but this sounded a good match
  • "Post-Haōshoku Advancement" Luffy is being used and he starts in base
  • Mario has all of his optional equipment (Except for the Bottomless Gloves)
  • Speed is equalized
  • Luffy´s profile - Mario´s profile
latest
latest

The Future Pirate King: @noninho

The Mushroom Hero: @AStrangeverse @Nierre @Accelerated_Evolution @Spinoirr @XxZetsuxX @speedster352 @Ser_Hakim_Dayne (7)

Incon:

Last edited:
Haki is very busted, how can he deal with very high precog, Clairvoyance, resistance and regen Negations, and all of that buffed by haoshoku?

Haki is very busted, how can he deal with very high precog, Clairvoyance, resistance and regen Negations, and all of that buffed by haoshoku?
Mario have some stuff like Supernatural Luck (that looks way better than Luffy´s supernatural luck), Invisibility, Possession, Duplication, Fear manipulation and much more (He has all of his Optional equipment)

Last edited:
Who has the ap advantage?
In their base forms, Luffy has an advantage of 1,5x times (not really decisive), but he can one-shot Mario with his High 6-C transformations and Mario can one-shot him with his Low 6-B transformation

Luffy 6-B key is just 4,6x times stronger than Mario´s Low 6-B key

A lot of Mario’s go-to tactics would be useless here. Luffy’s rubber body negates any of Mario’s punches or hammer attacks, and stomping on him would obviously do nothing. Luffy has pretty high resistance to heat and flame-based attacks, so Mario likely wouldn't be able to take him out like that, either.

He'd probably resort to using power-ups sooner rather than later just due to that.

A lot of Mario’s go-to tactics would be useless here. Luffy’s rubber body negates any of Mario’s punches or hammer attacks, and stomping on him would obviously do nothing. Luffy has pretty high resistance to heat and flame-based attacks, so Mario likely wouldn't be able to take him out like that, either.

He'd probably resort to using power-ups sooner rather than later just due to that.
Yeah, makes sense

He would probably try to use things like the Ice Flower and then use some of his strong stuff when the normal ones don´t help

Before o go through this I gotta ask:
How many of each item does Mario have and why is it that quantity?
It is VERY annoying that the profile does not give us that info

it'll take a while but imma analyse item by item

so far i think the copy flower is a huge problem (considering mario has 1 of each item...OP could specify that), but will get to the rest in a while

Mario can increase his speed, strength, and dura while also decreasing luffy speed, strength, dura. Hax wise he can heal, manipulate time, has existence erase, and warp reality even with luffy future sight I don’t see him dealing with all of Mario hax so I’m leaning towards Mario but wanna hear any arguments for luffy if there are any.

Mario can increase his speed, strength, and dura while also decreasing luffy speed, strength, dura. Hax wise he can heal, manipulate time, has existence erase, and warp reality even with luffy future sight I don’t see him dealing with all of Mario hax so I’m leaning towards Mario but wanna hear any arguments for luffy if there are any.
Existence Erasure is a bit unlikely for Mario use

Also, his reality warp ins't really useful, but his other Power ups would be a big problem to Luffy

Last edited:
this'll be very long.
Day 2 of writing: 1000 curses for OP and his damn "all Optional equipment is ok"

=EE - Associated with his Toon Force (ngl i watched the feat demonstration and i laughed very much lol) but doesn't seem to be combat applicable, or else he'd use it no?

=Expert in h2h - apparently both "master in h2h" and "expert in h2h" links to Martial Arts, which is a power page with no rank or tiering, so it's 100% feat associated
-Mario fights the bosses with his acrobacies and martial arts prowess, people usually VERY bigger than him and, by logic, physically stronger. a ton of people/monsters.
-He's so impressive in said acrobacies that not even he can do a triple jump but becomes invincible for a short time after performing the 3rd jump. lol.
-Mario fights a person called Jinx 3 times, who's a martial arts master, and impressed them so much that they incorporated Mario's style in their own.

-Luffy fights during his whole life and was trained by the craziest biggest baddest in the Marine, in spars against his brothers, with giant monsters, with people in secret government division CP0, and with some of the most feared pirates in the entire world (in this key he defeated the most busted son of one of the 4 most powerful in the world, Katakuri, and earlier he and his crew fought against Gecko Moria and he won 1v1 against Crocodile)

=Self-Perception Manip - countered by kenbunshoku[1] with rather ease

=Attack Reflection - Luffy doesn't use projectiles, so it's not useful

=Status Effect Inducement - countered by kenbunshoku[1]

=(layered: ) Transformation, Immo type 7, Intangibility - Whenever he does get to this form, he can only be revived by his 1-Up or by a partner's touch...that's unavailable.

=Afterimage - That seemed like speed to me, but anyway. Won't be a thing due to Luffy's adaptations and etc...and kenbunshoku[1].

=Weapon Mastery and Creation, Energy manip - that energy sword outta nowhere is nice, ngl Luffy's seen many guys with weapons before, Busoshoku and Kenbunshoku[1] is 100% gg

=Fire Manip - Busoshoku[1] and Luffy's own base resistances take care of this with rather ease
-Explosion Manip - seems to be short ranged, Busoshoku and Kenbunshoku[1] for the win, here
-Status Effect Inducement - The shown move seems to need Luigi, so it's unapplicable.

=Ice Manip - Luffy does have a bit of resistance in base, but Kenbunshoku seems to help against those snowballs

=Healing - That's cool, think it won't matter too much but may help Mario in a pinch

=Size Manip - Super Mushroom gets him to a regular human size (usually he's kinda...VERY short); the Mini Mushroom is not a good move for Mario, as he may become WAY harder to hit, but his hits doesn't do almost anything to blocks, imagine to Luffy; Mega Mushroom gets him kinda slower but... yeah if he gets to hit Luffy (Kenbunshoku, Busoshoku[1] and his rubber body take care of blunt force hits very well)

=Greater Fire and Ice Manips [2] - The Fire's still dealt with but the Ice Balls unresisted can be a huge problem...Kenbunshoku [1] may help dodging tho

=Enhanced Statistics Amp - i'd call it Invulnerability, as for a short while Mario becomes immune to every possible source of damage in the game...but anyway. Each time he uses the items that get him almost-invulnerable, Luffy may test punching, or Gomu-Gomu no Jet Gatling/Jet Stamp, but when he sees they don't work, he'll just stay way until the power-up is over [2]...Except Invincibility Leaf and Bell, that I think can be bypassed by Duraneg, lemme know you guys' interpretation.

=Teleportation - P-Wing is an infinite (unless interrupted [2]) fly towards the goal pole...so he would be like, infinitely flying towards Luffy once? Doesn't seem like something he'd like to use, mainly because it's predictable (not even speaking of haki yet). Warp Whistle takes Mario to another world so I don't think he'd use it to battle Luffy.

=Flight - the power-ups that grant him that are useful, but his techniques using this can be dodged with Kenbunshoku[1] [2]

=Vibration Manip - Luffy's smart enough to jump when he sees that his enemy suddenly became huge and now the ground trembles when he's walking, or dodging when his enemy gets a cape and all of a sudden is doing a fast af pound from the sky above. [2]

=Extended Attack Reflection, Extended Weapon Mastery - Not much of a difference from what I mentioned on the Base topic, read above

=Free Movement, Surface Scaling and Shapeshifting - SBA's scenery is Central Park, meaning we won't see muuuuch need for him to walk on water and scale what, the trees? Also the turn-into-stone doesn't seem to get much usage as Kenbunshoku [1] prevents everything if Mario tries to use this for an opportunity attack.

=Self-Resurrection - This could be a problem for Luffy, Mario ressurecting perfectly fine, but I just saw how humongously more stamina Luffy apparently has, so this shouldn't be much of a problem

=Earth Manip, Cloud Manip and Platform Creation - Doesn't seem that will be things that Mario even tries against his enemy. Mario is smart enough to see his enemy is using some supernatural stuff [1] to predict some of his attacks (even tho some are from his own capabilites of analyzing combat scenarios) and those descriptions I saw in mariowiki doesn't seem to help him here under any circumstances I could imagine [2]

=Transmutation, Explosion Manip and Greater Fire Manip - Seems like Golden Mario's Fire can work on luffy despite his resistances, that's actually nice [2]

=Invisibility and Intangibility - Luffy can still see Mario's ghost form as both Kenbunshoku [1] and his base self has a ton of stuff to Amp perception. Thank Nika, the Boo Mushroom is just temporarily and the Power Flower turns Mario into balloon Mario, not into Vanish Luigi who actually has those powers (this should be CRTd off of Mario's Profile asap)

=Flight - Read above, basically [1] [2]

=Surface Scaling, Underground Mobility, Immortality, Small Size and Large Size - Like mentioned above, they're countered by Kenbunshoku [1] or by the natural problems of the power-ups [2]

=Acc. Develop. - As Mario is very intelligent, it is likely that he uses this after taking several hits from Luffy...So any combo that leaves Mario barely alive but not dead+super mushroom's heal can be  very problematic to Luffy's side.

=Stats. Amp. - If Mario combos those with a power-up comparable to Bowser's AP and Dura (1.130 x 10^22 j), his amps of 50% get him in 1.695e+25j (50x the AP of Luffy's strongest moves), and his speed is what they're =+35% whenever he uses the card. Man, those cards are busted! Tho I still think it's applicable to the [2], via Goombas and etc also having a ridiculous difference against Mario and taking out his power-ups and also that the only powers I can see making sense to calling as powerful as Bowser are all limited timewise.
But if he uses only them with base, it's about 1.4082621e+20 J (Mario downscales from DK, who's that value from punching the moon)+50%, meaning 2.1123931e+20j, which Luffy only surpasses with g3 if I'm not mistaken

=Fire Manip - Apparently is not enhancing, so read above

=Purification - Luffy doesn't have status-inducent attacks.

=Healing - A second healing with the combos I mentioned above can be  very dangerous, both the 30% and the full heals make all Mario wincons so far more consistent.

=Damage Nullification - Mario may combo this with the first wincon i cited here, Guaranteeing that first buff. Another layer of consistency to his main wincon, even tho it's one time only.

=Ressurection - I still think the same about the first time, tho this may be used by him to learn from whatever mistake he may have done on a death and try executing the combo

=Stats Reduction - Luffy can have a tough time with it, but he for sure can deal with this, still dodging (naturally or not[1]) until the debuffs are over

=Transmutation - "this has a chance to fail" and "Supenatural Luck" don't go well on the same phrase. Even tho Mario also has it, they don't exactly have levels, so they kinda cancel each other out and it's more likely for this card to fail...Until someone convinces me otherwise, Mario wouldn't open with it, wouldn't think about using this against such a tough opponent and even if he did the chance of working is low. Let's not take this as a wincon.

=Purification - read above.

="Layered" Damage Reduction and Stats Amp - ? Since he has all items, 100% damage reduction? Like, Luffy doesn't do numerical or elemental damage but then there's that "drink", which is undoubtfully -50% damage...then Quartz charm that does the same AND +50% on the attacks. Now Luffy's attacks that matter something are the Red-related ones. S**t.

=Healing and Stats Amp - Bonus flower is useless, Energizer tho (chronologically to this listing, now Mario can amp his attack by 150%)...

=Healing - another layer of consistency to Mario's wincons

=Ressurection and Time Manip - At least it doesnt renew the items used but...like...

=Fire, Ice and Sleep Manips - Luffy resists sleep manip and is not weak to Fire and Ice, so all of those 3 are useless

=Fear Manip - fortunately it's a bomb, so Luffy can dodge the entirety of its effects

=Summoning and Transmutation - seems like Luffy can dodge it, naturally or not[1]

=Ressurection - Apparently Mario can use it with others, not himself.

=Limited Enhanced Statistics Amplification - Red Essence apparently works like the stars, so read above.

=Danmaku - If i'm not mistaken, Luffy could dodge attacks from enemies who use Danmaku

=Acc Develop. - not applicable here

=Passive Healing - a.nother. layer. sorry, layer*s*, so many f***ing items.

=Extended Self-Ressurection - yeah, read above but mooooooooore layers

=Damage Null - 6 (more) times Mario just ignores damage.

=Portal Creation - Associated with his brother, so unusable here

=Stats Amp - "potent enough to instantly one-shot foes comparable to Mario himself"...considering he can combo it with +150% damage, gg. Also blocking 100% attacks and amping his defense...

=Summoning - he won't even need him, but ahaha :> a 2-B guy :>

=Supernatural Luck - Another layer? kinda, doesn't make that transmutation from earlier work, applies to attacks and seems to be more in-game stuff

=Invisibility - read above, basically [2]

=Purification - read above

Yes there are 5 optional items categories missing and even the resistances on both sides, but only from those you gotta hear me out:

buffers for Attack, Defense, Speed and invulnerabilities=Golden Flower, Bowser's Battle Cards, Buffing Power Cards, Damage null while using a card, Bracer, Quartz Charm, Doctor Socks, Nurse Socks, Guardian Socks, Guard Shell DX, Big Shell, Small Shell, KO Shell, Bye-Bye Gloves, Dent Gloves, Cozy Wear, Guard Wear

Healing items= Froggie Drink, Honey Syrup, Max Mushroom, Nut, Super Nut, Max Nut, Ultra Nut, Star Candy, Healing Battle Cards
Ressurections= Ressurecting Battle Cards, Earlier Times, 1-Up Gloves, Gumption Socks, Retry Clock

With all of those stuff there are multiple sources for invulnerabilty, 150% attack buff at least if stacking stuff, heals any damage luffy makes and if Luffy kills him once, he won't be able to kill him more than 5 other times. Also now Luffy's only reliable damage source is Red Hawk or other Red attacks, and even with that his chance of killing or dealing significant amounts of damage are VERY low.

i'm not reading any more Mario optional items after aaaaaaaaaaaaall of those stuff (dunno if it's a stomp, you guys tell me), unless there are other interpretations and lemme know if those appear.
Hope i helped.

[1] - Kenbunshoku, Busoshoku and Haōshoku are types of Haki (sometimes translated as Color Of Vision, Color of Armament and Color of The Conqueror, respectively. More detailed explanations on our wiki page) are abilities that involve supernatural stuff.
Kenbunshoku is basically predicting the future in low to mid quantity and seeing stuff....a lot of stuff (emotions, presence, intent and attacks), sometimes up to kilometers;
Busoshoku is basically an armor to harden the user's body (and create high temperature resistance too lol), nullify Devil Fruits' powers (to the point that they ignore people whose Devil Fruit's the composition of the entire body!);
Haōshoku is something like 1/45872130984723984 people have (exhagerattion), that is the abilities to conquer, basically. It can be an aura that makes weak-willed people faint immediatelly, the air generating electrical discharges against any resistance. Can be infused in the attacks of the user, tho Luffy doesn't know how to do this in the key used.

[2] - {I use this to either say that that's my point or that this point corroborates against the thesis of Mario using certain power-up to successfully end Luffy} I quote Mario's Weaknesses section:
Most of his power-ups have a time limit or can be removed from an attack, though this can be easily circumvented with the Bottomless Gloves.
I am fairly sure Luffy can figure out that a hit takes out the new form of his opponent (his intelligence in battle is one of those walls of text on a video playing It Has To Be This Way from Jamie Christopherson for sure) after one or two times seeing things working like this.

this'll be very long.
Day 2 of writing: 1000 curses for OP and his damn "all Optional equipment is ok"
lol
=EE - Associated with his Toon Force (ngl i watched the feat demonstration and i laughed very much lol) but doesn't seem to be combat applicable, or else he'd use it no?
It is combat applicable, but ins´t really in character

=Expert in h2h - apparently both "master in h2h" and "expert in h2h" links to Martial Arts, which is a power page with no rank or tiering, so it's 100% feat associated
-Mario fights the bosses with his acrobacies and martial arts prowess, people usually VERY bigger than him and, by logic, physically stronger. a ton of people/monsters.
-He's so impressive in said acrobacies that not even he can do a triple jump but becomes invincible for a short time after performing the 3rd jump. lol.
-Mario fights a person called Jinx 3 times, who's a martial arts master, and impressed them so much that they incorporated Mario's style in their own.
Mario also fought with Donkey Kong, who:

"Has beated the likes of Dread Kong, Karate Kong, Ninja Kong, Sumo Kong, and Cactus/Ghastly King)

=Enhanced Statistics Amp - i'd call it Invulnerability, as for a short while Mario becomes immune to every possible source of damage in the game...but anyway. Each time he uses the items that get him almost-invulnerable, Luffy may test punching, or Gomu-Gomu no Jet Gatling/Jet Stamp, but when he sees they don't work, he'll just stay way until the power-up is over [2]...Except Invincibility Leaf and Bell, that I think can be bypassed by Duraneg, lemme know you guys' interpretation.
I think it can be, but i don´t know how much in character Luffy uses Duraneg

=Extended Attack Reflection, Extended Weapon Mastery - Not much of a difference from what I mentioned on the Base topic, read above
Mario can reflect Luffy punches with his cape

=Self-Resurrection - This could be a problem for Luffy, Mario ressurecting perfectly fine, but I just saw how humongously more stamina Luffy apparently has, so this shouldn't be much of a problem
If Mario dies then he would probably try to finish Luffy with something more deadly, since he know how strong his opponent is

=Transmutation, Explosion Manip and Greater Fire Manip - Seems like Golden Mario's Fire can work on luffy despite his resistances, that's actually nice [2]
Transmutation would be really useful ngl

i'm not reading any more Mario optional items after aaaaaaaaaaaaall of those stuff (dunno if it's a stomp, you guys tell me), unless there are other interpretations and lemme know if those appear.
Hope i helped.
1- Good analysis

2- Would it be more fair without Mario´s time manipulation items?

If i switch Luffy to his last key this would be more fair?
Not exactly as Luffy may have more stamina but this bunch of healings+extra lives+damage increases (+for sure some stuff I haven't read on 5 other sections of optional equip) impede this fight of going exactly fine, cuz iirc Luffy's AP, they one-shot each other and Mario still have more wincons.

And if you restrict too much of Mario's optional items, he just can't win. Unfortunately, a mismatch in my view

2- Would it be more fair without Mario´s time manipulation items?
Nah. The ones I analyzed, Retry Clock and Earlier Times, are simply Ressurection items. Mario still strategizes pretty well without one or two

1- Good analysis
Thank you. Unironically felt a tiny bit less disappointing after reading this.

I already changed the key
I thought you'd change it to the laaaaast key (g5), but now it's Snakeman and Boundman for the win
How can it be so simple?

Invincible in 6 ways for one move each? Kong Organ/Black Mamba, at least one kill.

Multiple sources of Attack Reflection? Both forms of g4 have ways for the attack just to circle around forever until it hits the target, at least one kill.

Even with +100% defense via stacked cards and equips and healings, the AP gap's still >7x

Mario may be an excellent strategist and have a ton of stamina, but quoting myself, now meaning about both Stamina and Intelligence on Luffy's page
is one of those walls of text on a video playing It Has To Be This Way from Jamie Christopherson for sure.

For sure Mario has wincons, I just think Luffy's recently acquired work better, so I vote for him

Back