• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Autumn is approaching once more, meaning Spooky Time will soon be upon us. What better time is there for cracking open the case of Soulsborne game and gazing at all the grotesque and disturbing shit within? Also, Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon just dropped, but seeing as there are no Armored Core pages on this wiki, I'm guessing interest in it here is simply a passing one atm.

Anywho, this little thread here is for fans of various FromSoft games to discuss their faves, as well as to give other related threads some more visibility and input. Discussion of all of FromSoft's games is welcome (even the ones that suck and/or are really niche), regardless of whether they have any sort of presence on the wiki.

Have a thread for any of the FromSoft verses that's losing steam? Link it in the replies, and you just might be able to get it back on its feet

Verse-Specific Discussion Threads

Content Revision Threads

Last edited:
Autumn is approaching once more, meaning Spooky Time will soon be upon us. What better time is there for cracking open the case of Soulsborne game and gazing at all the grotesque and disturbing shit within? Also, Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon just dropped, but seeing as there are no Armored Core pages on this wiki, I'm guessing interest in that is simply a passing one atm.

Anywho, this little thread here is for fans of various FromSoft games to discuss their faves, as well as to give other related threads some more visibility and input. Discussion of all of FromSoft's games is welcome (even the ones that suck and/or are really niche), regardless of whether they have any sort of presence on the wiki.
I think Armored Core has a decent amount of interest but not as great as the Soulsborne series, for sure. Also doesn't help that it's dropping between Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield, two games that I suspect have more interest.

I think Armored Core has a decent amount of interest but not as great as the Soulsborne series, for sure. Also doesn't help that it's dropping between Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield, two games that I suspect have more interest.
For sure. I've seen more of Armored Core in the past week than I have in the entire rest of my life, but it certainly gets drowned out by Baldur's Gate big-time. Definitely chose a competitive time to release it

I'll be doing an annual replay of Bloodborne sometime in September and October, so expect a new discussion thread for it sometime around then

It's still astounding to me how The Hunter's regular melee attacks do piss for damage, but then the second an enemy takes a knee you're able to pierce through their ******* abdomen and rip their entrails out with a single bare handed punch like you're in an edgier-than-thou superhero graphic novel. And the fact that this works against beings that are immune to musket shots that irl punch cantaloupe-sized holes through people makes it even more wild

My melee attacks don't do piss for damage, you're just using a ***** weapon

Fists only until you pick up a weapon in the first area is the way to go. Absolutely frustrating at times, but definitely adds to the horror vibes given the amount of Stealth Souls required

Interesting idea, never bothered to try. I always fist fight until I die, happy to say I can pretty easily do the werewolf and a few villagers, but once I start getting mobbed by groups of 4 it tends to go south pretty quick.

Interesting idea, never bothered to try. I always fist fight until I die, happy to say I can pretty easily do the werewolf and a few villagers, but once I start getting mobbed by groups of 4 it tends to go south pretty quick.
I use consumables I've scavenged to handle those. Molotovs for handling crowds and/or dogs, and pebbles to break up mobs and kill them one at a time

I use consumables I've scavenged to handle those. Molotovs for handling crowds and/or dogs, and pebbles to break up mobs and kill them one at a time
I probably still have every molotov I've ever collected over my double-digit New Game plus cycles.

Using the cane's whip form makes the werewolf's trivial

Same with mobs if their approaching from the front

The only enemies I'm having trouble with so far are the sack dudes who stun you into a oneshot if you get hit once, which sucks because I'm and aggressive player

The only enemies I'm having trouble with so far are the sack dudes who stun you into a oneshot if you get hit once, which sucks because I'm and aggressive player
We're talking about doing no death no dream for as long as possible and giving every person in Yharnam a free 5-second appendectomy

Fist only?

Thats sounds like something i would try

I'm confident I could at least do Cleric Beast with just fist, tho I ate every shot Father Gasgione shot at me during my fight with him so that'd be where I probably stop

using any of the weapons makes the werewolf trivial, punching is fun though. I probably wouldn't subject myself to that, after the harrowing experience of broken straight sword DS3, but it would be funny.

using any of the weapons makes the werewolf trivial, punching is fun though. I probably wouldn't subject myself to that, after the harrowing experience of broken straight sword DS3, but it would be funny.
Fists in Bloodborne is much easier than broken straight sword in the Souls games, once you get staggers down. Cuz apparently, even if God himself descended from the heavens and pierced an unlucky mook's GI tract lengthwise with the very spear that drew the blood of Christ, his crit modifier would still be lower than that of a terminally-ill roid-raging pleb's filth-caked fingers

I've read this OP like, 4 times, and every time I immediately misread this as "Autism is approaching once more". I think I need a coffee.
Well it's not even halfway through September and I've already watched 2 horror movies, figured out my Halloween costume, killed Vicar Amelia, started my second read-through of Dracula, and started reading Frankenstein, so it's fair to say that my autism has approached once more

oh yeah, do you guys know how we treat NG+ exclusive items in regards to tiering?

the thing is, in ds2 you can get the dragonslayers greatbow from the old iron kings soul on NG+, but would we consider that a low 6-B item upscaling from the regular old iron kings soul or would we consider it a 4-C item considering you can only get it after completing the game?

I wouldn't take where that item is found to be evidence of its power. It was the bow of Hawkeye Gough, and he's Low 6-B, so the weapon is Low 6-B.

Well it's not even halfway through September and I've already watched 2 horror movies, figured out my Halloween costume, killed Vicar Amelia, started my second read-through of Dracula, and started reading Frankenstein, so it's fair to say that my autism has approached once more
You're clearly just living your best life, man.

Hey everyone!

Does the demons souls original or the demon souls remaster take precedence when it comes to feats?

Asking because there could be some potential downgrades or upgrades depending on what the newer visuals look like

I'd think neither but the newer is probably higher fidelity to what the devs actually want things to look like, so probably that I suppose.

I see
that would mean a lot of the early bosses would get a downgrade
the calc that the low tiers currently scale to is from the armor spider rock vaporisation feat, but in the remake they removed the rock and just made it a fireball instead

Hey everyone!

Does the demons souls original or the demon souls remaster take precedence when it comes to feats?

Asking because there could be some potential downgrades or upgrades depending on what the newer visuals look like
I don't believe we've ever set a standard regarding this. There is a broad principle of "when two pieces of canon information conflict, take the newer one" that I've seen used in a lot of ambiguous cases before, so that could be used as an excuse to give the remake precedence. But a point could be made here that the original was developed by FromSoftware directly while the remake was developed independently by Bluepoint, suggesting the original was closer to the writer's intentions.

I don't know how we had ought to handle it, to be honest. It may be worth making a CRT to discuss the different options for how to handle conflicts between the original and the remake.

I'd take the visuals with a grain of salt, as Bluepoint kinda ****** with those a lot, deviating pretty heavily from the original. Also due to changes in the combat system there's some pretty significant disparities in scaling, particularly in early game where you can eat two or more hits from Vanguard and even block its hits, whereas you can't do the latter in the og and could eat one hit at most before dying.

Why you bumping active threads with multiple posts in a day?
Because I dread the death of my threads more than I do my own
a8f.jpg

I'd take the visuals with a grain of salt, as Bluepoint kinda ***** with those a lot, deviating pretty heavily from the original. Also due to changes in the combat system there's some pretty significant disparities in scaling, particularly in early game where you can eat two or more hits from Vanguard and even block its hits, whereas you can't do the latter in the og and could eat one hit at most before dying.
Yeah this is a fair enough point ig, I'd forgotten that the remaster wasn't adapted directly by FromSoft.

Since the Elden Ring thread is (for the most part inactive), I thought I'd post this here for y'all to see. I calculated Radahn's meteor feat hoping to get something, but it turns out it's even worse than the fallingstar beast feats.

Back