• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon's Souls Discussion Thread

DontTalkDT seems like the best bet on a staff member to ask for input on the current CRT, since there's no active staff who are supporters of the verse and they're a calc and wiki policy consultant. I've asked them for input, hopefully that will resolve the current CRT and we can get started on another after we've compiled some more proposed changes

Last edited:
Btw, after Demon's Souls is sufficiently revised, Dark Souls is up next.
I will give you Tier 2 Dark Souls or die trying
Sadly it'll probably be one of the weakest Tier 2 verses on the sites, sorry people who want to do Chosen Undead vs Dovahkiin matchups

The best I got for them (at least after the birth of the First Flame) is upscaling from an early-game Hypersonic feat, so they're pretty fuqn slow even for their current highest tiers

Massively hypersonic because Gael was summoning cloud-to-ground lightning in the third game.
That neither he nor Ashen One reacted to, that's why Dark Souls isn't MHS or MHS+ anymore. And the lightning miracles displayed in the games didn't display enough similarities with natural lightning to qualify as such

That neither he nor Ashen One reacted to, that's why Dark Souls isn't MHS or MHS+ anymore. And the lightning miracles displayed in the games didn't display enough similarities with natural lightning to qualify as such
You can actually dodge them, though, so I don’t know why that got revised.

Anyway, is this discussion just Demon’s Souls/Dark Souls or can Bloodborne be included as well?

Just Demon's Souls actually, I was just making an aside about Dark Souls which I plan to deal with next, once the Demon's Souls verse is revised since it kinda sucks rn, with a lack of pages and abilities (the final boss of the game doesn't even have a page lol)

Massively hypersonic because Gael was summoning cloud-to-ground lightning in the third game.
You move literally less than an inch in comparison to that Lightning while it moves over 15 to 25 miles. The Ashen one absolutely doesn’t scale.

Though I will admit when I was looking for the hypersonic feat I completely missed it, so they probably should be hypersonic again since the feat was refound.

Dark Souls being low 2-C has been rejected nearly three times now, and with the new standards on creation feats it’s going to be even harder to argue for an upgrade.

Edit: Nevermind it seems the hypersonic feat was rejected, Dark Souls is stuck at supersonic.

Last edited:
Update:
Mr._Bambu calced Slayer swinging Bramd to be Class 1
I'm currently doing a rough (downsized to avoid wank and also cuz it's easier) calc of Tower Knight's shield (impacts their lifting strength and that of other Stage 2 Major Demons) that's currently looking to be high-end Class 50, juuuuust shy of Class 100, clocking in at around 48 tons
Once done, will calc Stonefang Lizardmen throwing boulders. I estimate Class 5 or so, which means good things for early game Demon's Souls since they're literal fodder, on par with Dreglings and Depraved Ones, and can be no-sold and one-shot by an unleveled Slayer. Will also calc the yield from them fragging the boulders on impact with the ground.

I just want to ask, in case people forgot, is the slayer getting non corporeality from what I brought up earlier?

I just want to ask, in case people forgot, is the slayer getting non corporeality from what I brought up earlier?
There's gonna need to be a discussion for that all it's own, cuz there's plenty of evidence to the contrary, but on the other hand much of that evidence can be chalked up to gameplay mechanics cuz having noncorporeality and subsequently phasing through obstacles and ignoring fall damage would trivialize the game

Also I should probably make a sandbox for a new and improved Slayer profile, but I dunno how to make a tabber, which will definitely be needed (they have a fair few inherent resistances and quite a few tacked-on abilities via equipment)

I just remembered that Demons are described as gaining power from consuming souls. Should they get Empowerment, Statistics Amplification, or something else?

"Each time a Demon claims a human soul, the Demon's own soul is invigorated by the life force. And the power of a mature Demon Soul is beyond human imagination."

Last edited:
I just remembered that Demons are described as gaining power from consuming souls. Should they get Empowerment, Statistics Amplification, or something else?

"Each time a Demon claims a human soul, the Demon's own soul is invigorated by the life force. And the power of a mature Demon Soul is beyond human imagination."
Life force absorption.

I also decided to add Self-Soul Manipulation to Soul Arts users, since they use their own souls to generate magic effects

Back