• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Souls - Cleanups and Possible Issues

What do we have so far?
Im working on some lifting strngth calcs while bambu is going through some of the AP calcs for early game

ATM we're trying to figure out if the chosen undead should have two keys, one for beginning of game (9-A scaling to the demons and hellkite drake) and one for early game (scaling to the gaping dragon) or if it should be lumped into one key, and whether the Iron Golem should be 7-C or Low 6-B

Yeah I think a BoG key would be good as an indicator of strength before fighting any boss that isn't Asylum Demon.

I'm also fine with making Pinwheel Unknown.

Yeah I think a BoG key would be good as an indicator of strength before fighting any boss that isn't Asylum Demon.

I'm also fine with making Pinwheel Unknown.
Ye, basically it would be 9-A scaling to all the demons in undead burg and the asylum as well as the hellkite drake, and then 8-C would apply to the gaping dragon, bell gargoyles, moonlight butterfly, etc.

Thoughts on the iron golem scaling?

Doesn't Iron Golem have the soul of something Low 6-B? I forget but if it's a giant, it would be consistent with Dark Souls 2 giants being 9-A to 8-C.

Doesn't Iron Golem have the soul of something Low 6-B? I forget but if it's a giant, it would be consistent with Dark Souls 2 giants being 9-A to 8-C.
The iron golem's core is a dragon bone infused with unknown souls.

Should the Bell Gargoyles and the Belfry Gargoyles share a profile since they're effectively the exact same creatures just in different locations?

Well that partially fixes the early game Bearer of the Curse then lol

Also, do we consider Patches to be the same character in all three dark souls games?

Also apparently there is a calc somewhere for the force of the ceaseless discharge's leaping punch? Anyone know where that is?

For Dark Souls? Yeah, Patches is most likely the same guy in each. Does not extend to Bloodborne/Elden Ring.

eh maybe.

Dude goes hollow at least once, like confirmed, and most likely loses his souls too. There's a good chance he has a fluctuating power level across the series. Still, maybe.

eh maybe.

Dude goes hollow at least once, like confirmed, and most likely loses his souls too. There's a good chance he has a fluctuating power level across the series. Still, maybe.
Isnt that at the very end tho? When he becomes Lapp?

Yes, but I was moreso pointing out that the singular event could imply he went hollow previously, we have no idea what happened to Patches for massive stretches of time. Given that he came back from going hollow once, he could do it again.

Patches should not be used for scaling. He is canonically a coward and it's not once implied that he has any actual combat prowess besides Laap, who could have been amnesiac for god knows how long before we met him.

Patches should not be used for scaling. He is canonically a coward and it's not once implied that he has any actual combat prowess besides Laap, who could have been amnesiac for god knows how long before we met him.
I mean he did help the Ashen One throw hands with the Spear of the Church so he at least has scaling to a boss fight.

Edit: I just remembered that Lapp helps you fight the Demon Prince alonsgide Gael, nevermind he's built different.

I mean he did help the Ashen One throw hands with the Spear of the Church so he at least has scaling to a boss fight.
He can also be summoned for The Last Giant as well as fighting and killing Creighton who in turn can fight the Skeleton Lords

Also he can fight the Demon Prince

Aight, the 9-A stuff is good to go, just need the ok on the 8-C feat and the liftig strength feats

@Mr._Bambu @XSOULOFCINDERX

Chaostheory did a calc that puts Gael at Mach 31

I'm still not 100% comfortable with the scaling since it doesn't account for DS2 and DS3. But I suppose it's fine? For now at least.

I found the Ceaseless Discharge's approximate weight is some one wants to try to calc its leaping punch attack, I dont know how to calc that

Other than that just need the 8-C stuff approved and we're good to move onto the next thread

It wouldnt scale to anyone else? Is Gael really above people like the lords of cinder and the bearers of the lord souls?

It wouldnt scale to anyone else? Is Gael really above people like the lords of cinder and the bearers of the lord souls?
Gael is literally powered by a version of the Dark Soul that has only gotten stronger over the countless millenia since it first appeared. It's the most powerful Lord Soul period. The only two things that are 100% more powerful than Gael with the Dark Soul is the First Flame and Lord of Hollows Ashen One.

I'm not too sure of the context right now, but I'd assume he'd scale to other people with lord souls since he basically has the entire dark soul, outside of the piece we have (although that is my story interpretation).

You could also kinda scale him based on the number of souls you get, but the last thing I think I want to get into is if souls are an in-world concept or if they are a game mechanic

Gael is literally powered by a version of the Dark Soul that has only gotten stronger over the countless millenia since it first appeared. It's the most powerful Lord Soul period. The only two things that are 100% more powerful than Gael with the Dark Soul is the First Flame and Lord of Hollows Ashen One.
Why specifically the lord of Hollows ashen one? I'm just not aware of any specific scaling they have.

Also, you could probably lump some other large concepts in there like the Abyss or the Deep.

Ah i see, makes sense i suppose

Okay, ive put i a request for the LS for the ceaseless discharge and gaping dragon but that part can be handled later

Any input on the 8-C stuff?

Oh cool. I've never played that ending cause I was never smart enough to do it lol.
Speaking of that isn't there a legitimate argument for low 2-C Dark Souls owing to the fact that Lords of cinder use there own power to fuel the First Flame and keep universes and timelines from colliding? At the very least Lord of Hollows Ashen one should be since he literally absorbed it.

Oh, shit, I stopped getting updates from this thread, hah.

Low 2-C is being brought up again

Ovens' corruption spreads, agony. All I'm gonna say is, Low 2-C requires us to take time manip to be Tier 2. Space and time aren't ostensibly destroyed by the flame's creation or dying.

8-C stuff is fine, aye.

Back