• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I just learned from Agnaa that we don't upscale speed except in cases where the upscale sized character demonstrates more or less proportional speed to their regular-sized counterparts.

Thus, the speed values from this calc get smited big-time, since we never even see these giants move, on account of them only being shown in canonical art and never actually in-person within the game. And since their AP values also come from the assumption that they can jog at a proportional speed upscaled from a human, those get thrown out, as well. This obliterates Tier 7 Demon's Souls, meaning 2nd Archstone Major Demons have 7-C removed, and are left with just "at least 8-B" via upscaling multiple times from 1st Archstone Major Demons. Maybe once I learn arithmetic I can make a more accurate recalc of this

In addition, Supersonic beginning and early game Demon's Souls gets nuked, and sent down to Subsonic via arrow dodging. Mid Game may retain Supersonic or may be hit with a slight downgrade to Transonic, depending on consensus here, as characters from then on scale to the Maneaters and their sonic blasts. Supersonic late and end-game remains, however, thanks to this calc.

Last edited:
makes sense to me

also, doing a quick PE calc from the original dudes numbers looks like it would net you city block level+ if my math is correct

Formula for PE is MGH, where (according to the numbers in the calc) mass = 326,441,360 kg, gravity = 9.81 and height (center of gravity) = 101 meters

326,441,360*9.81*101 = 323441363902 joules or 77.3 tons of TNT

makes sense to me

also, doing a quick PE calc from the original dudes numbers looks like it would net you city block level+ if my math is correct

Formula for PE is MGH, where (according to the numbers in the calc) mass = 326,441,360 kg, gravity = 9.81 and height (center of gravity) = 101 meters

326,441,360*9.81*101 = 323441363902 joules or 77.3 tons of TNT
I recommend making a blog of this calc and submitting it for review

I have little memory of doing that calculation but that's definitely the case for the vast majority of my calc work so this tracks

I can take a look at Hippo's calc.

Regarding OP: I think the presumption of upscaling speed is safe but given VSBW's standards it is preferable to remove it, yes. Downgrading speed to Transonic for mid-game would also be preferable.

I have little memory of doing that calculation but that's definitely the case for the vast majority of my calc work so this tracks

I can take a look at Hippo's calc.

Regarding OP: I think the presumption of upscaling speed is safe but given VSBW's standards it is preferable to remove it, yes. Downgrading speed to Transonic for mid-game would also be preferable.
I feel that upscaling jogging is a tad bit presumptuous since these are huge mfs made of rocks and those sorts tend to vary pretty wildly in how well they can handle their own weight under increased force, but they'd be pretty impotent if they couldn't at least walk like a regular human, so calcing a low end using upscaled brisk walking could work

Also it's 2 staff members that are required to sign off on a CRT right?

Specifically two evaluating staff, yeah.

Shit I forgot something.
Beginning of game remains smited to Subsonic, but those weird-ass flying manta rays in Shrine of Storms shoot harpoons at Trans/Supersonic speed, with the harpoons forming something akin to Mach cones when fired, and the harpoons fly soundlessly til they hit something. Will get scans in a bit to show y'all what I mean

Back