• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Armored Core General Discussion Thread

01.png
03.png

14.png
15.png

In here we discuss any lore or gameplay of Armored Core.

Just played it, so far we're looking at tier 8 with the feats, might be higher depending on calcs though. Haven't also finished Chapter 1 yet,
Balteus is a bitch to fight.

I did the base movement speed for C4 - 621

Spoiler it's all subsonic

Though I'm sure I can get it hugher by comparing it to the projectiles in game

We also get a log that states (Forgot his name) can move faster than fodder AC's can react

Can't we use dash dodging projectiles (and perhaps lasers, the handheld ones cause the satellite laser feats are probably aim dodging) after they are fired for combat speed? Is there a reliable value for railguns?

Also, I think the video below has at minimum a subsonic supporting speed feat. A couple of bosses are stated to be "approaching fast" from the stratosphere, and we cut to a scene of them flying in without the player AC having time to exfiltrate.

Can't we use dash dodging projectiles (and perhaps lasers, the handheld ones cause the satellite laser feats are probably aim dodging) after they are fired for combat speed? Is there a reliable value for railguns?

Also, I think the video below has at minimum a subsonic supporting speed feat. A couple of bosses are stated to be "approaching fast" from the stratosphere, and we cut to a scene of them flying in without the player AC having time to exfiltrate.

Dash could definitely be used to wank the **** outta the speed

Railguns we can confidently say their superior to modern day Railguns which reach Mach 7 to Mach 10, though I really think the wiki should stop allowing game mechanics to be used to get speeds
We also have just regular bullets that they shoot which would still yeild something

Dash could definitely be used to wank the ***** outta the speed

Railguns we can confidently say their superior to modern day Railguns which reach Mach 7 to Mach 10, though I really think the wiki should stop allowing game mechanics to be used to get speeds
We also have just regular bullets that they shoot which would still yeild something
Stuff like going up to a gun-toting enemy and holding block with your sword is sketch, but honestly if you're actively reacting then it's perfectly valid

Oh someone made one, so yeah the very start of game is from 8-B to low 7-C and Armored Core Units are about 10m tall

Speedwise the game easily can range from supersonic combat speeds all the way up to relativistic+ depending on how the lasers are treated

I'm working on a method that uses the in-game meters measurements

Also I did this for a supporting feat

It'd be 9-A+ still if we wanna lowball the height
This works but we can rather just do the frag for that, ik some of these things are fragged and v fragged all of which should yield High 8-C to 8-B results at the very very very bare minimum for steel frag

Also some peeps can vaporize other AC's and MTs in lore which would be 8-B too

This works but we can rather just do the frag for that, ik some of these things are fragged and v fragged all of which should yield High 8-C to 8-B results at the very very very bare minimum for steel frag
99% of these things are empty
I don't see it yielding higher than the explosion itself
Also some peeps can vaporize other AC's and MTs in lore which would be 8-B too
Yeah I'm getting on some of those

Any idea what kind of haxes/versatiles abilities we'll get?
nothing too crazy tbh as far as hax goes but plenty of versatility given the genre and gameplay
Found their height for use in calcs
man taking a closer look at this now I'd change the height if I were you, there are some things I take fault with in this calc and for one you should use photo mode for these kinda things but I'd take the pic from a side angle so the AC isn't actually like a meter or two away from the wall like it is here with it being from the back perspective, that kinda skews the measurement, I've got my own version as I've said before but my main concern here is that the angle you went about it with will inflate the size

Yeah I literally just did the frag one of the steel buildings and got 8-B and that's a lowball since I didn't have a chance to account for the big container destroyed alongside it so I'd say doing the frag for most of these structures would yield way more easily

nothing too crazy tbh as far as hax goes but plenty of versatility given the genre and gameplay

man taking a closer look at this now I'd change the height if I were you, there are some things I take fault with in this calc and for one you should use photo mode for these kinda things but I'd take the pic from a side angle so the AC isn't actually like a meter or two away from the wall like it is here with it being from the back perspective, that kinda skews the measurement, I've got my own version as I've said before but my main concern here is that the angle you went about it with will inflate the size
The angle is fine since the pic showing the top is centered around the head

The only problem would be being slightly in fornt of the wall

Also this is in photo editor mode, it wouldn't let me pan out anymore

I'll handle the calcs for the ice worm in my blog, I was gifted several measurable shots by the goat @Chritin

I'm pretty interested in this verse now. Up to Chapter 5 and planning on doing NG+ and NG++ for the extra content.

Bit curious on how Coral will end up being handled. It seems like basically space magic and the Fires of Ibis have been referenced as 'contaminating' outer space and 'scorching the stars'. Whether ACs can even remotely scale to that I'm not sure yet. There are two usable Coral generators that I know of at least.

I'm pretty interested in this verse now. Up to Chapter 5 and planning on doing NG+ and NG++ for the extra content.

Bit curious on how Coral will end up being handled. It seems like basically space magic and the Fires of Ibis have been referenced as 'contaminating' outer space and 'scorching the stars'. Whether ACs can even remotely scale to that I'm not sure yet. There are two usable Coral generators that I know of at least.
I was thinking if we wanna wank to the max C4 survives a Coral emission in Chapter 1 that was stated to vaporize a sea

Back