• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Radagon and Marika Additions

Radagon learned magic from Raya Lucaria and the House Caria and the incantations of the Golden Order:

Which means Radagon should have:

- Magic, Danmaku, Crystal manipulation, Weapon Creation, Attack Reflection, Magic amplification and Light manipulation via all these spells (except the spell "Thops's Barrier" which is not yet known to other wizards and which was only created during the events of the game, so this spell did not exist before and therefore Radagon did not know about it. All of Raya Lucaria's other spells have been mastered by Rennala, who has shown to be able to use all the types of magic that I have posted, and the Twinsage Conspectus, Raya Lucaria's finest wizards who master all branches, so it's more than likely that Radagon has studied them as well. For Caria magic, it is likely that Radagon also learned magic from his wife, even Radagon's wolves use this magic.)

- Immortality Negation (Type 3, 4 and 7), Power Nullification, Healing, Danmaku, Resistance to Lightning manipulation, Shockwave and Resistance to Status Effect Inducement via all these incantations (except for the Crucible incantations, as it's considered impurity for the Golden Order so it's unlikely that a staunch defender of this ideology like Radagon would use it. Same thing for the Black Blade incantation.)

Erdtree and Golden Order incantations could also be given to Marika.

Last edited:
Straightforward enough. I'm just gonna address a potential argument now, that being they never displayed these abilities (mainly in regards to Radagon)
1 you can only cram so many attacks into the moveset of an enemy
2 even if the devs could shove that many moves in, it would make Radagon insanely unpredictable and challenging as well as radically diversifying and increasing his damage output, being surmountable basically only by ganking or by being a top-tier player, potentially having a knock-on effect that plummets the end-game playerbase
3 Radagon very well could have in-character qualms about using sorcery, as he is a total simp for the Golden Order and also may not like being reminded of the woman he callously ditched

As for Marika, she hosts the Elden Ring and thus has the source code of the entire universe living inside her, she honestly should qualify as a God figure that's eligible for having all the powers of their respective verse (save for chaos powers since they're divorced from and antithetical to order)

Radagon very well could have in-character qualms about using sorcery, as he is a total simp for the Golden Order and also may not like being reminded of the woman he callously ditched
And more importantly, he didn't have a glinstone staff during the fight, so he couldn't use magic

Radahn, Ranni, and Rykard all display the ability to use magic without a glintstone staff
We don't see them using blue glintstone magic. All characters seen using Raya Lucaria and Caria magic use a staff or a sword with a glintstone, and the Tarnished cannot use this magic without these weapons.

Duplication (or limited Duplication) should also be given to Marika (and Malenia, Ranni and Miquella) thanks to this (second image, about the two faces of Ranni)

Last edited:
I don't think assuming he has every spell of those types is wise given we don't see him use them. Disagree.

The statement says he studied it, yes. You extrapolate from that that he knows all of them, which is not necessarily so. We don't know what he knows.

The statement says he studied it, yes. You extrapolate from that that he knows all of them, which is not necessarily so. We don't know what he knows.
It says that Radagon aspired to be complete, so it's obvious that he must have learned every Raya Lucaria's spells and Golden Order's incantations known in his time, especially the easiest to master.

Last edited:
It says that Radagon aspired to be complete, so it's obvious that he must have learned every Raya Lucaria's spells and Golden Order's incantations known in his time, especially the easiest to master.
This is not "obvious".

He's also so gifted that he created a new incantation.
So did Thops, who was considered a novice.

This is not "obvious".
It is:

• He studied spells and incantations
  • He did this to achieve perfection
  • He is extremely talented

So did Thops, who was considered a novice.
Thops was definitely not a novice, but one of Raya Lucaria's greatest students:

The lifelong pursuit of Thops the Bluntstone.

Creates a magic forcefield that deflects sorceries and incantations.
Hold to continuously create barriers.

Future generations will learn. They will know the foolishness of
the sneering sorcerers who ridiculed this theory, little realizing
that it was in fact a discovery worthy of a new conspectus of the
academy.

Me when I'm talented at martial arts so therefore I know every single martial art from the country I practiced in

Formally against this, there doesn't seem to be any adequate argument forthcoming so this'll be my final judgement until further notice.

Me when I'm talented at martial arts so therefore I know every single martial art from the country I practiced in
The difference is that Radagon studied to achieve perfection. It is therefore necessary that he has learned most of the spells and incantations, and that given his talent he has succeeded in mastering them.

The difference is that Radagon studied to achieve perfection. It is therefore necessary that he has learned most of the spells and incantations, and that given his talent he has succeeded in mastering them.
It does not state that he achieved perfection, my good man. It says he was a perfectionist. It is therefore necessary to read the description again.

Radagon studied these things. He uses none of them and is not stated to know any of them in particular. I find it likely he knows something amongst them, at least, but gives no indication as to what, and it is a huge overestimation of the statement to take it to mean literally every spell.

I'm firm in my judgement.

It does not state that he achieved perfection, my good man. It says he was a perfectionist. It is therefore necessary to read the description again.
He sought completion and he had the skill to achieve it. So he likely succeeded.

I find it likely he knows something amongst them, at least, but gives no indication as to what, and it is a huge overestimation of the statement to take it to mean literally every spell.
Not literally all spells and incantations, but only those that existed in its time (which is not the case for all spells and incantations in the game) and those that any students and scholars of Raya Lucaria and Golden Order fundamentalism use.

Back