• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flowey fights the Grim Reaper (Flowey vs Lavender) (1-5-0)

Jackythejack

They/Them
I think this is gonna actually work! This is Flowey in their, well, Flowey key, and both are 9-A. I'll say Lavender has Timmy but if that somehow makes the fight unfair I'll change it. Speed is equalized

Flowey: .024 tons (I think)

Lavender: .0169 tons (so like .017)
t3hrszpueyx31.jpg

cdead5e9dd739719f934fd425d9e4f8b4b2a019f.png

Last edited:
willpower absorption... that can be useful... do they use that in character? you also might wanna equalize speed so frisk doesn't speedblitz.

Thought I equalized speed. my bad.

willpower absorption
Willpower is the game's version of health. Absorbing willpower is how she heals herself so it would be in character if damaged, but also general attacks in game deplete willpower because of it being the stand-in for in-game health.

Last edited:
Oh hey, didn't expect my Grimm's Hollow pages to actually get used. Man, it's almost been a year, I apologize for the lack of scans on the page, I was still fairly new to making profiles so I just kinda sourced the one thing I thought might be controversial lol. If needed I can probably try and fish them up.

I don't believe Frisk can touch Lavender? Don't see NPI on their page. From what I remember of Grimm's Hollow, while she is a reaper, she would probably not try to kill someone she realizes to be a human, so it's possible she'd just incapacitate them, possibly through willpower manip though Frisk is very resilient in that regard. I'm also unsure how Frisk's immortality would mix with Lavender's spirit (not soul) absorption if she were to kill them.

Last edited:
Alright. I changed it to Flowey. If it's the wrong key sorry about that I'll change it to Asriel himself.

Hm, while Lavender doesn't exactly have a soul, thus, nulling Flowey's soul-damaging hax, I am pretty sure that Flowey's friendliness pellets can still physically damage folks, so, he still has a means of damaging Lavender. Plus, he has better LS, so he can reliably restrain Lavender with his vines and/or take away her scythe if it really comes down to it.

Flowey could also take hold of Timmy via vines and his NPI and take him hostage, for lack of a better word. Probably can't kill him, but Flowey can at least make Lavender hesitant to attack him. Am not sure if Timmy has a soul in the context of this battle, but if he does, Flowey can absorb it and make himself much stronger.

RESET is also a strong advantage.

On Lavender's side, her willpower absorption is essentially a direct counter to Flowey's Determination and could potentially take away his ability to RESET: am sure that she is stronger than Flowey as well, if not, she still has fire attacks and I think flames aren't a thing that Flowey can deal with since he's a literal flower.

Don't know much else about Grimm's Hollow, so I'll leave it up to you.

Timmy's only had his soul during the end of the game so I'm going to say he doesn't have it in this case.

Timmy frankly isn't that relevant to the fight. He doesn't really fight at all I just included him to be generally funny.

Timmy probably won't show up unless the fight requires it or too much time passes, yeah, he prefers to stay hidden in Lavender's pocket unless necessary. Lavender can probably burn the vines if necessary, rest I would say seems correct.

So... What can Flowey do here? Am pretty sure he can't off Lavender due to her Low-Mid Regen/Type 3 Immorality, inability to use his soul hax on her, and her much stronger attack power. Although, if Flowey resets and notices Timmy exists, he'll totally capture him and kill him in front of Lavender due to Asirel being a ****** piece of shit in this key, doesn't help, but it is a thing.

RESET is going to be the thing that keeps him in the game, but that's about it and Lavender can possibly nullify it by the virtue of taking away his determination and he lacks a good way of putting her down.

Well, Lavender can still be fought and defeated, despite the regen. As in, enemies in game can just knock her out. Grimm has done it before and the Baker can also do it as well, meaning that Flowey can still incapacitate Lavender despite the regen. He just can't kill her

Hmm, in that case... Due to Flowey's danmaku, his ability to restrain Lavender and take away her weapon, and can potentially reset (albeit, due to Lavender's empth hax, she might weirdly disable it, given enough hits)... thus, I vote for Flowey FRA. For now.

Does flower reset even need determination? I'm almost sure there was pointed out that he lost her hopes and determination at some point on his resets thanks to feeling nothing

Does flower reset even need determination? I'm almost sure there was pointed out that he lost her hopes and determination at some point on his resets thanks to feeling nothing
if he got his determination sapped, he'd be pushed back a save (basically it'd push him back to the last time he saved before his current one), not exactly losing his ability to save and reset entirely.

this happened with him and sans, as he states sans caused 'his fair share of resets', not loads. meaning he lost his willpower vs sans multiple times. so him getting sapped would be a psuedo-BFR of flowey as it'd push him away from the save that would be in the area.

Again, Lavender would probably just incap, restraining Lavender is difficult when she can just burn away the flames. Danmaku, sure, but base Flowey's is pretty basic and can probably be avoided once Lavender doubles her speed.

Again, Lavender would probably just incap, restraining Lavender is difficult when she can just burn away the flames. Danmaku, sure, but base Flowey's is pretty basic and can probably be avoided once Lavender doubles her speed.
So this is a vote for Lavender, I take it?

Alright, sounds good.

(Wish I could find more matches for Lavender but it's hard to find good ones given she's intangible)

Understandable. I think Lavender has durability negation, so you are possibly a bit more open in regards to who she can fight.

Chompy's arguments are reasonable to me, but i don't know a thing about Lavender or her game series: and I know a lot more about Flowey, so won't change my vote for now.

I think with Flowey being a relatively predictable fighter, some of Lavender's attacks being pretty difficult to dodge and all her amps being x2, with no further arguments I'll vote for her.

I dont think that She will remember RESETs, so I think that it's safe to assume that Flowey is capable of incapping her or just stay underground and keep attacking from there.

That is if Lavender doesn't just incap herself.

And Flowey never really abuses underground mobility in combat

That is if Lavender doesn't just incap herself.
incap... a flower? you realize if she tries to incapacitate flowey he'll just ******* die from it. his durability sucks ass from being a literal flower, so unless she has ways to incapacitate him without doing physical harm to him i dont see that happening.

and lets say it does happen, what stops him from loading or resetting? Lavender would have to willpower drain flowey so many times to a point he'd be sent back so far he wouldn't be able to come back in combat applicable timing. she can basically one shot him, so the only way im seeing Lavender winning is abusing that by willpower draining + one-shotting until he's sent back too far to come back in combat applicable time

incap... a flower? you realize if she tries to incapacitate flowey he'll just ******* die from it. his durability sucks ass from being a literal flower, so unless she has ways to incapacitate him without doing physical harm to him i dont see that happening.

and lets say it does happen, what stops him from loading or resetting? Lavender would have to willpower drain flowey so many times to a point he'd be sent back so far he wouldn't be able to come back in combat applicable timing. she can basically one shot him, so the only way im seeing Lavender winning is abusing that by willpower draining + one-shotting until he's sent back too far to come back in combat applicable time
.... What? lose determination don't make flowey lost It's last save point, It would jusk make flowey be literaly unable to reset, still would need to be a lot sinse Flowey is incapable of feeling emotion and still has enough determination to use resets

Back