• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale General CRT: The Sequel (Now 8-C too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the currently baseline 9-A would scale to 0.38 Tons via Vulkin
While all the characters with an ATK stat above 36 would scale to Knight Knight's 1.52 Tons
I think everyone would be 8-C+, as Undyne has 50 ATK and 20 DEF, with her tanking hits from Frisk who could take her attacks. Same for Muffet who is 38.8 ATK/18.8 DEF.

My suggestion is that everyone up to 30 would be "At most 8-C+" through downscaling, but that's it.

Darn, such a shame... although, it would be possible for people who upscales from Knight Knight's feat to fight some H8-Cs regardless, so H8-C Undertale matches might be possible if one can get it in a userblog and approved, lel.
I think everyone would be 8-C+, as Undyne has 50 ATK and 20 DEF, with her tanking hits from Frisk who could take her attacks. Same for Muffet who is 38.8 ATK/18.8 DEF.

My suggestion is that everyone up to 30 would be "At most 8-C+" through downscaling, but that's it.
Sounds reasonable, imo. Although, which group would Pap be in? At most 8-C+ or just plain 8-C+ due to pap holding back and undyne calling him pretty strong... or smth along those lines.

Darn, such a shame... although, it would be possible for people who upscales from Knight Knight's feat to fight some H8-Cs regardless, so H8-C Undertale matches might be possible if one can get it in a userblog and approved, lel.

Sounds reasonable, imo. Although, which group would Pap be in? At most 8-C+ or just plain 8-C+ due to pap holding back and undyne calling him pretty strong... or smth along those lines.
At most. He's only 20 in both stats.

I think we kinda sperated the ATK and DEF stats cause Temmie physically can harm someone above Papyrus while having less than 5 DEF

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure Temmie attacks are all done physically, which wouldn't make sense if their AP was hundreds of times above their durability

I swear the temmie thing was the reason we don't crosscale them, guess not
Also, it's not like Undyne being a Glass Cannon due to having "At most 8-C+" dura would be that much different than her just having "8-C" dura without the + due to Vulkin scaling

I swear the temmie thing was the reason we don't crosscale them, guess not
Also, it's not like Undyne being a Glass Cannon due to having "At most 8-C+" dura would be that much different than her just having "8-C" dura without the + due to Vulkin scaling
I think that them being "At most" fits better, as those stats did interact with each other. We are talking of an almost x5 difference here.

Also, using that logic, we could probably get 0 ATK and DEF to "At most 8-C"
Afterall, Muffet has 36 ATK and 16 DEF, but can still take hits from Frisk, so her dura would scale
Aaron has 24 ATK, and as such would upscale from Muffet's DEF, and despite having a DEF stat of 12, he can take a few hits from Frisk
Dogamy/Dogaressa have 14 ATK, which is above Aaron's DEF, and 5 DEF, but still take multiple hits to die,
Moldsmal would upscale from Dogamy/Dogaressa's DEF, with it's 6 ATK stat, and it can take multiple hits from Frisk using it's ATK against it, despite it having 0 DEF

Afterall, Muffet has 36 ATK and 16 DEF, but can still take hits from Frisk, so her dura would scale
Aaron has 24 ATK, and as such would upscale from Muffet's DEF, and despite having a DEF stat of 12, he can take a few hits from Frisk
Dogamy/Dogaressa have 14 ATK, which is above Aaron's DEF, and 5 DEF, but still take multiple hits to die,
Moldsmal would upscale from Dogamy/Dogaressa's DEF, with it's 6 ATK stat, and it can take multiple hits from Frisk using it's ATK against it, despite it having 0 DEF
8-C Sans is based

No.
You know... I disagree with Aaron scaling. He is a fodder, not an important character. Muffet can tank very well attacks from Frisk unlike him, this is why her DEF scales and Aaron does not.

We have a limit about downscaling bud.

Don't see why we'd limit the scaling just to the bosses, Knight Knight technically counts as "fodder" as well, no?
We don't even have to use Aaron, Pyrope also works
Mettaton even decided to hire Whimsalot, someone with 12 DEF to take care of Frisk,
Using HP will lead to Papyrus and the glass-cannon Undyne being leagues above lads who should be even more durable than them anyhow

Yourself have admitted that 0 DEF gets greatly harmed from a 9-B fall, come on now.
Don't see why we'd limit the scaling just to the bosses.
We use showings in fights before anything. If they die in few hits, then they're glass cannons. Bosses can take multiple hits, fodders cant.
Knight Knight technically counts as "fodder" as well, no?
Unlike the rest she flat out has DEF equal to the ATK. They do not have such bliss.
Mettaton even decided to hire Whimsalot, someone with 12 DEF to take care of Frisk,
And?
Using HP will lead to Papyrus and the glass-cannon Undyne being leagues above lads who should be even more durable than them anyhow
You do realize that a 9-A Frisk can one-shot Vulkin and Glad Dummy, correct? Meaning that 9-A stats are indeed much stronger than 9-B ones in-verse. Besides, stats are non linear anyways.

Yourself have admitted that 0 DEF gets greatly harmed from a 9-B fall, come on now.
And Undyne loses a big chunk of her HP from a barely above baseline 9-B fall
And if we want to use other verses as examples, the 8-B Minecraft Players die from not even 9-B falls all the time
We use showings in fights before anything. If they die in few hits, then they're glass cannons. Bosses can take multiple hits, fodders cant.
Knight Knight also dies in "a few hits" despite having the same ATK and DEF, we can chalk this up to Toby not wanting every random encounter to take 7 minutes if the player decides to FIGHT
Why would Mettaton hire someone who can't take a single hit?
You do realize that a 9-A Frisk can one-shot Vulkin and Glad Dummy, correct? Meaning that 9-A stats are indeed much stronger than 9-B ones in-verse. Besides, stats are non linear anyways.
0 DEF varie in-verse anyhow, like Whimsin dies in 1 hit and Moldsmall takes a few hits before dying, but someone with 1 DEF should still be stronger than Moldsmall in durability

Plus, for even more proof, "9-B" Frisk can kill Jerry as fast as any other Boss, and according to CHECK stats, lad has 30 DEF,
No to mention, I really doubt Snowdin Frisk would vap their arm everytime they fight one of the royal guards because their ATK goes from 15 to 18
Of course, most of these problems go away, if we separate the ATK and DEF stats, soooooooooooooo

Actually forget all the "At most" talk. I got 0.89 Tons, which is not that far from Vulkin's 0.38 Tons.

Everyone who is currently 9-A simply becomes 8-C from the 0.89 tons value.

Given that between this and the + there is a gap of x1.26, I think it's fair that some get upscaled to the +:
  • Great DT Frisk
  • Asgore
  • Toriel
  • Undyne's (ATK only for base, both ATK and DEF for Undying)
  • Mettaton (DEF for box, ATK and DEF for EX, ATK for NEO)
  • Prime Gerson
  • Mad Mew Mew
  • Flowey (high LV)
And that's it.

Although, I don't think Mad Mew Mew, Undyne and Mettaton EX upscale enough to get a "+" tho
They're just vaguely above Knight Knight's AP

The + is given if you upscale decently from a value close to it. I think baseline + for them fits just fine.
I mean, x1.26 is still pretty big, and those 3 don't really one-shot lower 8-Cs or have Asgore's upscaling, they're just stated to be stronger which I don't think is enough

I mean, x1.26 is still pretty big, and those 3 don't really one-shot lower 8-Cs or have Asgore's upscaling, they're just stated to be stronger which I don't think is enough
I was about to make an eassay but the reason why Papyrus is 9-A in the 1st place is downscaling from Undyne so I guess you have a point.

Only Asgore, Toriel, High DT Frisk, MTT NEO AP/Box Dura and Undying get the +.

I do not think the legs are THAT big, because after all it's still his legs which are kinda small in overworld.
Well they aren't literally the legs attached to his body (otherwise he would have at bare minimum 4 different legs), but probably something similar to Sans or Papyrus's bone rush
Plus it uses a lot of convoluted stuff, this one is simplier and got 9-A.
I mean it's kinda just upscaling the average human leg, that and Therefir's calc only used a fraction of the leg's actual size

Welp, figured I should say this now since I more or less bugged them about it, but I got Psycho to comment in your userblog, Strym, and your userblog, Jason. That's all. And also, this may or may not be a sneaky bump as well, lel.

We have been discussing a potential upgrade to the low end of electricity speed, so that may change in the future. Sadly, we just have to go by the standards we have now.

We have been discussing a potential upgrade to the low end of electricity speed, so that may change in the future. Sadly, we just have to go by the standards we have now.
Epic, I am just happy for the out of nowhere 8-C Upgrade, tbh.

So to recap... The 8-C Ratings are - 0.38 Tons of TNT for Vulkin's lightning, 0.47 Tons of TNT for Mettaton's kicks, and 0.89 Tons of TNT. Strym pretty much hashed out all of the scaling, or a good chunk of it. Does that sound about right?

Epic, I am just happy for the out of nowhere 8-C Upgrade, tbh.

So to recap... The 8-C Ratings are - 0.38 Tons of TNT for Vulkin's lightning, 0.47 Tons of TNT for Mettaton's kicks, and 0.89 Tons of TNT. Strym pretty much hashed out all of the scaling, or a good chunk of it. Does that sound about right?
Everyone simply becomes from 9-A to 8-C from either upscaling or downscaling from the 0.89 Tons feat, given that Papyrus clearly downscales from Undyne, and the characters who massively upscale from it (such as Asgore) become 8-C+.
You have been cooking.
I am about to do the SOULs multiplier. What do you think about the Mid Tier DT nuke I told in OP? Should we make it new baseline for 9-B or make it only a support for 8-C?

I am about to do the SOULs multiplier. What do you think about the Mid Tier DT nuke I told in OP? Should we make it new baseline for 9-B or make it only a support for 8-C?
Now that more of the late game enemies have 8-C feats which is a wide margin from 9-B, I wouldn’t mind if we somehow found a way for the early/mid game enemies to backscale given some early/mid enemies’ DEF are higher than some late game enemies.

Now that more of the late game enemies have 8-C feats which is a wide margin from 9-B, I wouldn’t mind if we somehow found a way for the early/mid game enemies to backscale given some early/mid enemies’ DEF are higher than some late game enemies.
The issue it's that when Frisk made the durability feat, they were still able to damage Undyne, but at the same time fall damage is generally wanked af in fiction, so Chara being harmed by the fall probably isn't that much of an anti feat against it.

Waterfall enemies (aka the mid enemies) are all already 8-C due to them being generally stronger than Papyrus.

So it's either an upgrade for Ruins/Snowdin monsters or a supportive feat for 8-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back