• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Undertale General CRT: The Sequel (Now 8-C too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given we are here, I might talk about a new way to handle stats.

As I already explained in the sandbox, everyone from Waterfall onward should be 8-C. But what is the minimum you can find there? Woshua and Moldbygg, who both have 18 ATK, which is on the line of Muffet being able to take 8-C attacks with her 18.8 DEF.

Meaning that that the tiers in relationship with stats will be:
  • 0 to 17 - 9-B
  • 18 and higher 8-C (with 80 and up being 8-C+)
"But wouldn't that make certain characters glass cannons?"

Mettaton NEO has only 9 DEF and it's the reason why he gets one-shotted, because of Alphys explicitly not working on the defenses of NEO. Plus Shyren and Vulkin have both 9-B durability because of this. Meaning that glass cannons in Undertale are indeed a thing that's even acknowledged in-verse.

Plus, very few characters are glass cannons:
Plus the current blog that is used should be removed. It's very outdated and uses the 1.0.0 version of the game. I have made off-site this other version some time ago, maybe it can be used instead?

This has been an omega cooking session. After taking a glance over everyone's arguments towards the subject, I agree with everything presented. 8-C Undertale is kinda based ngl

I am about to do the SOULs multiplier. What do you think about the Mid Tier DT nuke I told in OP? Should we make it new baseline for 9-B or make it only a support for 8-C?
Just nuke it, it would make scaling easier to scale them to only one 9-B feat.

Just nuke it, it would make scaling easier to scale them to only one 9-B feat.
Already did.
Given we are here, I might talk about a new way to handle stats.

As I already explained in the sandbox, everyone from Waterfall onward should be 8-C. But what is the minimum you can find there? Woshua and Moldbygg, who both have 18 ATK, which is on the line of Muffet being able to take 8-C attacks with her 18.8 DEF.

Meaning that that the tiers in relationship with stats will be:
  • 0 to 17 - 9-B
  • 18 and higher 8-C (with 80 and up being 8-C+)
"But wouldn't that make certain characters glass cannons?"

Mettaton NEO has only 9 DEF and it's the reason why he gets one-shotted, because of Alphys explicitly not working on the defenses of NEO. Plus Shyren and Vulkin have both 9-B durability because of this. Meaning that glass cannons in Undertale are indeed a thing that's even acknowledged in-verse.

Plus, very few characters are glass cannons:
Plus the current blog that is used should be removed. It's very outdated and uses the 1.0.0 version of the game. I have made off-site this other version some time ago, maybe it can be used instead?
What do you think of this though? I also made the Knight Knight sandbox as she'll be a point in the scaling.

There is this video which got the ratings of Mettaton EX's show up to 14576.

And after further research, by equipping a piece of equipment after 20 turns, you would go up to 3000 points, so doing it at 11999 would go up to 14999, so we can round the underground population to being at least 15000, which means the strength of the human SOUL is higher.

And after further research, by equipping a piece of equipment after 20 turns, you would go up to 3000 points, so doing it at 11999 would go up to 14999, so we can round the underground population to being at least 15000, which means the strength of the human SOUL is higher.
The one who isn't watching is Toriel.

And the only reason she isn't watching is because Asgore is

Issue is that to prevent to inflate it, I used 12000 because that's the minimum.

12000 is the canon amount, yeah there is more, but I think using these relies a bit on game mechanics, so I stick to 12000 coz it's safer.

Yeah, a notes section explaining to which values the stats are scaling should be enough.

Done the blog for 7-C Human SOUL, and the reason why the stats scale to a certain tier can be done in the verse page, yes.

Given there's no controversy, I think this can be applied.

Pages that will be affected (bolded ones need to be unlocked):

Last edited:
@StrymULTRA Where's is that even "possibly higher" even coming from? When we agreed with that for Asgore and Undyne? Asgore is already upscaling from the feat, that's why he is 8-C+ in the first place, you can't just further upscale from it.

As for Undyne the Undyne, "At least 8-C+" should work just fine.

@StrymULTRA Where's is that even "possibly higher" even coming from? When we agreed with that for Asgore and Undyne? Asgore is already upscaling from the feat, that's why he is 8-C+ in the first place.

As for Undyne the Undyne, "At least 8-C+" should work just fine.
It was already in the profile. The possibly higher comes from the durability, and given he has ATK and DEF as equal, he should get that in both AP and dura.

Shouldn't that justification made him possibly 7-C? Right now it's just a pointless rating, either he is scaling from the humans or not.

Shouldn't that made him possibly 7-C? The implications say it should, but right now it's just a pointless rating.
That's waaay too controversial. Plus I personally disagree with that given that he's still below Undyne the Undying who lost against a Frisk who's definitely not 7-C and I don't think humans needed Tier 7 levels of DT against the monsters.

It's just not the thread anyway, but if needed I'll remove the "possibly higher" from Asgore, Toriel, Mettaton NEO and Undyne the Undying.

To be fair, I have seen arguments before of Asgore potentially scaling to high determination Frisk, though I’m neutral on that

It's just not the thread anyway, but if needed I'll remove the "possibly higher" from Asgore, Toriel, Mettaton NEO and Undyne the Undying.
Alright, it's just weird because we know he didn't manage to kill a single human and we honestly don't know if he was hit even once by them.

Anyways, I think the thread is finished.

Alright, it's just weird because we know he didn't manage to kill a single human and we honestly don't know if he was hit even once by them.

Anyways, I think the thread is finished.
More importantly the humans were overwhemingly stronger than the monsters by threir own, nothing says they needed to get tier 7 levels of power in that "war".

Besides I'll remove the "possibly higher" from those characters then.

Alright, it's just weird because we know he didn't manage to kill a single human
I mean theres nothing about killing tbh. He never got hold of a soul so he couldnt take or absorb anyones souls, he might have killed them but they might pull the Save and Load

Close this thread btw someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back