• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza's supernova calc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that calc already its been a while now i think its resonable at the very least i think frieza should be upgraded to large planet level+.Content revision is closed because of the ap upgrades though.

Celestial Pegasus said:
I saw that calc already its been a while now i think its resonable at the very least i think frieza should be upgraded to large planet level+.Content revision is closed because of the ap upgrades though.
Oh i didn't know that, it's been a while since my last visite.

Aimenaltair said:
Celestial Pegasus said:
Oh i didn't know that, it's been a while since my last visite.
Thats fine speaking of the ap revision its been maybe 2 weeks since it started i think it should be over soon maybe who knows.

Here's the problem, y'all: Both of the ends of Frieza's calc uses cinematic time, which according to here, it's generally not accepted. We will, however, be looking into that to see what to do on it,

The term "cinematic time" appears to have lost its actual meaning of "time has lapsed as one scene fades into the next with little in terms of fluid transition (ie - juming instantly from night to day. Days pass onscreen in 2 hour films, etc)" and seems to be referring to the literal "its time lapsing on screen"

Its almost like you gave up on constructive thought and lump everything together despite moving pictures making this shit ridiculously simple most of the time.

Hey Chaos, Kavpeny was the one that pointed that out, not me. I mean i accept the calc but it really depends on how the others of the staff feel about this.

When I say "you" I mean the collective

Sorry I didn't clarify that

Anyway

I'm all for you guys being you, but this strikes me as ******* silly

It's alright. Still, the others are going to want to decide on what to do with this. I mean it's the whole "cinematic" part that prevents us from upgrading Frieza and the others accordingly. Like i'm just saying....

It just seems to be that someone's trying to remove the fairly visible advantage video media has by cooking up some nonsense concept of "cinematic time" to me, but it's your (the collective's) wiki

I'm just a snarky observer that happens to do some high school math on the forum you guys cite from time to time *shrugs*

The low end and high end seem pretty significantly far apart. The former is still 5-A (which is what we already rank 1st form Frieza as), whereas the second is Low 4-C, which seems like an even bigger change than before due to us now having an entire High 5-A category. Is there a middle ground, for this calc?

The reason the low-end and high-end are so far apart are because of different methods used in the two ends. There is no "middle ground" for something like this.

Additionally, Vivi (Known here as ClassicGameGuys) also calced it and got a result of 10.559 tenatons.

The Everlasting said:
Additionally, Vivi (Known here as ClassicGameGuys) also calced it and got a result of 10.559 tenatons.
So relatively low Small Star level?

That does seem like more of a middle ground compared to Large Planet level to Small Star level+.

small star level seems reasonable tbh

lmao i seen extreme wtfhigh end level like star level versions lol

and i am like what the hecck is this shit?

yeah, small star seems ok

Well, personally I have nothing in particular against the calculation. However, Lord Kavpeny (who has better judgement than me) thinks that if we start accepting any instances of cinematic time, we will soon be swarmed with people who want us to accept all of them, no matter how unreliable. I will ask him for input however.

That's exactly what i thought too. Like if we were to accept this calc, we'd also have to somehow accept other calcs that, in some way or another, uses cinematic time. If anything, Kavpeny would have to think this through should we decide on accepting this...

I don't know. I have asked Lord Kavpeny to consider this, but he is usually busy, so it may take a while until he can respond.

Antvasima said:
Well, personally I have nothing in particular against the calculation. However, Lord Kavpeny (who has better judgement than me) thinks that if we start accepting any instances of cinematic time, we will soon be swarmed with people who want us to accept all of them, no matter how unreliable. I will ask him for input however.
First?

Don't sell yourself short and think for yourself

I get enough of people following me mindlessly on Narutoforums, observing it here for others is kind of sickening

And is slippery slope fallacy and a hypothetical really all he has going?

Because, news flash, you're going to be dealing with stupid/obnoxious people regardless of what you all do as a community all wanting something they think should be done for any situation

Well, I do regularly think for myself, but I am generally quite splintered and unfocused thanks to too many things to handle at once, and Lord Kavpeny actually does tend to have better judgement during our discussions in private. His better know-how and organisation skills is why he is head bureaucrat, and not me. I am mostly doing the grunt work.

Still, I acknowledge your points as valid, and have asked him to consider them.

Are we still acting like "lol cinematic time" is a valid argument?

It's like no one even considered my points when arguing about this in the thread about the Dragon Ball speeds.

Nor does anyone seem to be considering what this will mean for numerous verses on and off the wiki. Put simply, any verse that does not have a canon manga or non-animated equivalent will not be able to have speed feats under this rule. That includes most of the verses on this list.

For a rule that was made on the spot for the purpose of universality, there's far too many things it can't account for, on top of the argument itself being shoddy.

The problem is that Lord Kavpeny has to consider the larger perspective of problems that would rise for the wiki from accepting this practice as a whole. However, I have talked with him in private, and asked him to consider what we should do about this.

Frenchie-123 said:
actually frieza is small star level that would make sense if cell is solar system level
Small Star First Form Frieza

Small star Level+ for his Fourth From

Probably Star Level for IP Cell

and then... the same

Alpha149 said:
Frenchie-123 said:
actually frieza is small star level that would make sense if cell is solar system level
Small Star First Form Frieza
Small star Level+ for his Fourth From

Probably Star Level for IP Cell

and then... the same
wut

@SD and Frenchie: I'm guessing Alpha's saying that after putting Imperfect Cell at Star level, everything after that will be the same. As in, Perfect Cell will still be Large Star level, SPC being SS, and then so on to the Buu Saga.....i think,

CrossverseCrisis said:
@SD and Frenchie: I'm guessing Alpha's saying that after putting Imperfect Cell at Star level, everything after that will be the same. As in, Perfect Cell will still be Large Star level, SPC being SS, and then so on to the Buu Saga.....i think,
ah , ok

CrossverseCrisis said:
tbh, the large star category is very huge now, so semi perfect cell can be put at large star level then (low end), with perfect being around the middle (thats still a big power up btw)

So, yeah, was going to bring up the feat since Freiza is still listed as large planet, but looks like people beat me to it lol. Can we have it upgraded to small star level at this point? I think the case for small star level Freiza based on super's scene of it is pretty strong, and cinematic time argument is pretty much debunked as non applicable in this instance, especially since similar calcs have been made to other characters with this method and accepted.

Looking at the calculation. The low-end is 6.9258 Ninatons of TNT or Large Planet Level, the high-end is 41.41989 Tenatons of TNT or Small Star Level.

Considering the massive discrepancy in high to low-end, imo 4th Form Frieza should be High 5-A

UncleSpaceman said:
Looking at the calculation. The low-end is 6.9258 Ninatons of TNT or Large Planet Level, the high-end is 41.41989 Tenatons of TNT or Small Star Level.
Considering the massive discrepancy in high to low-end, imo Frieza should be Atleast 5-A+, likely High 5-A
And High 5-A for his Fourth Form?

I think we should find a middle ground by simply re-calculating the feat, or simply put 1st Form Freezer at at least 5-A, likely High 5-A (because the key includes his other 2 forms). And Final Form/Base Freezer, including Mecha-Freezer at at least High 5-A, likely Low 4-C, or maybe just at least High 5-A.

The low end is really irrelevant though. The actual explosion only is what the high end calculates, the low end adds on how long it took before the explosion started after the energy ball started to enter the planet, it really is not a proper representation of the explosion, its as if you assume the explosion was happening and was super slow the entire time it burrowed into the planet, and only randomly accelerates massively at the last instant, when in reality the explosion only happens in the last instant after it is well inside the planet. Using the high end is what is accurate if your judging the explosion. So low 4C would be the accurate one to use.

Seems like cinematic timing is not accepted here instead arbitrary time frames based on what it seems like are used despite many of the feats in cinematic timing having no indications of time lapses prior or after the feat so accurate....

Just saiyan, if we are going by those calcs, only the high end one is relevant really, the low end one makes no sense. Also we've used the shown timeframes before for things like Links golden gauntlet feat, and cinematic time is usually only an issue for a time lapse thing like Kid Buu and the galaxy, this shouldn't fall under that category. If anything the time shown is usually slowed down for the viewer to see DBZ fights and attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back