• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Frieza's supernova calc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
We don't do power levels but we did accept the kk multiplier
I was referring to the SSJ multipliers, as they were stated in sources other than the manga/anime whereas the KK multipliers were stated on panel.

Sheoth said:
SomebodyData said:
We don't do power levels but we did accept the kk multiplier
I was referring to the SSJ multipliers, as they were stated in sources other than the manga/anime whereas the KK multipliers were stated on panel.
Oh, I see

Even without using power levels we know that goku at base was stronger than 2nd form freeza and even with kaioken 20x still couldnt beat final form freeza so by just that alone we know final form is at least 20x more powerful than first form.

Maybe it would be better to disregard the calculation as an outlier after all. Did it even appear in DB Kai, and if so, was it a filler story?

Antvasima said:
Maybe it would be better to disregard the calculation as an outlier after all. Did it even appear in DB Kai, and if so, was it a filler story?
A- Kai has no filler

B-DB Super i think

Antvasima said:
The calc was from db super ep 20 when it showed a flashback of freeza destroying planet vegeta.

Antvasima said:
It was a recent scene from Dragon Ball Super.

Okay. Then it is legitimate, but still extremely problematic, as it would scale Frieza, Namek Saga Goku, and early Android Saga Trunks as Large Star level, and likely all of the main Z fighters, along with Cell as different degrees of Solar System level towards the end.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Then it is legitimate, but still extremely problematic, as it would scale Frieza, Namek Saga Goku, and early Android Saga Trunks as Large Star level, and likely all of the main Z fighters, along with Cell as different degrees of Solar System level towards the end.
Hmmm, I guess then we'll have to put a note explaining why

correct me if i am wrong, but the low end value uses the time from touch to explosion right?

and high end uses merely explosion?

well if that is the case, then i think time for explosion itself shud be taken because before the explosion, the ball is only emmersing iself deep in the planet

the mass ejection itself will give the energy parted to the planet by the ball after it explosed and released all of its energy

Well, then the question is whether or not we should view the feat as an outlier, since it creates massive scaling problems? If not, we will have to rescale a lot of incarnations of characters to star level, large star level, and solar system level. And it is very uncertain which should be placed where? Perhaps it would be better to create a separate topic for this?

SomebodyStupid said:
A- Kai has no filler
Not the case. My knowledge of Kai is limited, but from what I've read, it trims down on the filler, especially the parts viewed as disrupting the pace and/or being boring, but doesn't eliminate it outright. You still have things like Buu being shown as destroying a galaxy in a flashback and Vegeta using a scaled-down Final Flash on a Cell Jr.

Lord Kavpeny said:
@Unclechairma: Your frustration is duly noted. And I agree, the current stance is indeed a band-aid solution, but it is necessary in the mean-time nonetheless, so I would appreciate it if you could hold your horses, until we have DontTalk's article. Is that acceptable?
I appreciate your response, and yes, I'll agree to wait until DontTalk publishes the blog post before I raise any further objections. I'm pleased to hear about ChaosTheory's involvement with the post, since he's said some things in this thread that ring well with me and is an experienced calcer.

I'm not sure where the scaling issues come in. The calc puts Frieza's firepower in the tenatons. Is the jump from tenatons to foe really that small?

It'd be folly to disregard this as an outlier merely because we'd have to rescale numerous characters. In case you have forgotten, all of the major characters from the Frieza Saga up until the end of the Cell Saga are scaled from this one feat. Writing it off as an outlier would force us to downgrade all of those characters to Planet level.

I'm also opposed to upgrading Cell beyond Solar System level. It's made pretty clear he put all of his power into that Kamehameha, and so I highly doubt he's able to throw out Solar System level attacks casually. On the plus side, upgrading Frieza to Small Star level based on the calc would help defend Cell as being on that level; of course, on the contrary, classing it as an outlier and downgrading the Namek-Cell Saga characters to Planet level would make the position of Cell being Solar System level tenuous if not nigh-indefensible and may force a reevaluation of Kid Buu's feat as well.

All right, I have created a new thread here, and will close this one in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back