• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball AP Ratings Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the sandbox is fine to apply now and we can get this wrapped up.

If I want to challenge the Beginning of Z fighters backscaling from Frieza, I'll handle it at another time.

Yamcha comparing Max Power to Ozaru was mainly hypothetical, no one really knows. The PL of only 100 is a little on the subjective side + contradicts the fact that he still killed Grandpa Gohan who was on similar grounds to Korin training Goku.

That was before Chiaotzu upscaled from Roshi, though Tien comparing Roshi to Shen and/or himself may have merit but that would inherently make Tao and post Korin training Goku, Korin and Granpa Gohan all 5-C. Shen does mention that "He was always jealous of his brother's superior strength."
Pilaf Saga (I said BoZ lol) Oozaru Goku has a PL of 100, I don't think there's much room for discussion about that lol
Chiaotzu is 5-C throughout the entirety of the 22nd Budokai, the one Shen was going to kill. Shen also has a PL of 120, so ye

It argued that downscaling from a higher value that's completely outside of reality for that earlier version is an outlier only for the earlier version.
Any feat that applies to 22nd Budokai applies to Pilaf Saga (just 1/20th of), that's what downscaling is. Once again, you are restating this and it means nothing.
The Moon level key, has the actual damn feat to back it up. The Moon level key has close to no anti-feats for this level.
So are you arguing that scaling if contradicted by antifeats shouldn't be applied? We got a lot of overhauling to do in that case.
On the other hand,
The earlier key, which is going to be downscaled to Multi-Commie level, has no actual feat to back it up.
The moon level feat 🥶

And is portrayed generally below Tier 8/7.
Except for being 1/20th of "consistently moon level."
It's a smaller gap, and it's in that range of feats that writers simply don't know how much joules goes into "seemingly superhuman" feats.
Are you omniscient? How do you know so much about not just Toriyama but writers in general don't know about? Fighters fluctuate in power all of the time (remember full power island level Piccolo?) There is no way to make a range and say
X fits the range, but Y just falls short. It's dumb.
It's not in my eyes, stop trying to make this into a personal take.

It's math.
It's facts.
It's basic fricking logic.
Being hurt by a gun when you're supposed to tank entire planets thrown at you is of a FAR GREATER inconsistency than Tier 8, which is far less obvious to the eyes of the reader, or the writer.

One is obvious, the other one ISN'T
Mhm yeah totally.

1. It's only an anti-feat if it pierces through you.
  2. Even if you skin doesn't break, it shouldn't mean you wouldn't feel pain. Durability and Pain are two different things.
  3. Piercing Damage is a thing in fiction and, like everything else if every shounen, EVER, it's not about math.
I appreciate this wonderful segment which has nothing to do with the point at hand. If I changed it to a blunt staff would that be more of your fancy?

Any feat that applies to 22nd Budokai applies to Pilaf Saga (just 1/20th of), that's what downscaling is.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the statement saying that Pilaf Saga Goku is nearly 1/20 of Post-Korin Training Goku, which isn’t the same as 22nd Budokai Goku since he had three years of training in between?

Any feat that applies to 22nd Budokai applies to Pilaf Saga (just 1/20th of), that's what downscaling is. Once again, you are restating this and it means nothing.
That's not what downscaling is, are you freaking kidding me? LMFAO.
Downscaling is ONLY about the value attrituted to the earlier version of a character. All there is to it is the numerical value.
The future feats that don't happen in the arc don't apply to the past arc.

Take half a second to think, Pilaf Saga characters didn't perform, show consistency, or had any portray of that caliber just by one statement. God damn it dude.
So are you arguing that scaling if contradicted by antifeats shouldn't be applied? We got a lot of overhauling to do in that case.
Cool strawman.
If you have a feat to back it up, you keep the value
If you don't have the feat, AND have anti-feats that make for a more consistent value, you don't keep the value. It's not ******* rocket science.
The moon level feat 🥶
Did you forget the Moon feat, and several moon feats through DB, only matters to 22nd Budokai characters and beyond?
You cannot create circular scaling by assuming the backscaling is already assumed to be true, it's the subject of discussion you noodle.
Except for being 1/20th of "consistently moon level."
That consistency is not inherited by the earlier key, lmfao.
In that case, the secondary canon source is the outlier for the earlier key, it's literally that simple. Jesus Christ.
Are you omniscient?
No, but it's stupid to assume someone has a powerscaler type of knowledge. Literally every Tier 8 feat from DB is visually same-ey with Tier 9 feats.
Tier 9 anti-feats are not detrimental to Tier 8 characters, it's literally too close in scale to matter.

Nah, in fact I can effectively prove Toriyama is bad at math. Do you need me to do that?
I appreciate this wonderful segment which has nothing to do with the point at hand. If I changed it to a blunt staff would that be more of your fancy?
If it isn't the power pole, sure.
The point is that, there are Tier 9 anti-feats in DB involving bullets, or are we just debating Tier 9 antifeats in general? If you're debating that, you've been debating a strawman and derailing the thread.

After being trained by the Turtle Hermit and Karin, Goku’s power has increased by nearly 20 times!
This is clearly about Goku after his training with Korin, or at the end of the Commander Red Arc. Nothing about the actual description points to it being 22nd Budokai Goku, considering that he didn’t train with Roshi or Korin during the three years.

The heading refers to 22nd Budokai Goku, but the description doesn’t.

This is clearly about Goku after his training with Korin, or at the end of the Commander Red Arc. Nothing about the actual description points to it being 22nd Budokai Goku, considering that he didn’t train with Roshi or Korin during the three years.

The heading refers to 22nd Budokai Goku, but the description doesn’t.
I think it's pretty obvious what they intented? All the other headings list the Gokus in question and their PL, before describing what made them so much stronger?
And like, they most definitely got the "nearly 20 times" from, ya know, Goku having a PL of 10 in the Pilaf Saga and then getting a PL of 180 in the 22nd Budokai

I think it's pretty obvious what they intented? All the other headings list the Gokus in question and their PL, before describing what made them so much stronger?
And like, they most definitely got the "nearly 20 times" from, ya know, Goku having a PL of 10 in the Pilaf Saga and then getting a PL of 180 in the 22nd Budokai
If it's about Battle Power, we shouldn't consider it linear in the first place, so please don't use that as evidence if you don't intend to interpret it that way.

If that's indeed the case and it's solely referring to his Power Level, then this is even more shaky since we don't consider PLs as linear increases AP wise.

I think it's pretty obvious what they intented?
Yeah, the description that says “After training with the Turtle Hermit and Karin” pretty obviously refers to Goku after he trained with Korin, which he didn’t do for the 22nd Budokai.
All the other headings list the Gokus in question and their PL, before describing what made them so much stronger?
Actually, no, they don’t. The heading for Goku’s King Piccolo Arc PL doesn’t have a description and neither does his heading with his 32,000 PL. Also, Goku’s Saiyan Saga heading is above the description for 23rd Budokai Goku, which is, funnily enough, the same situation that we have here.

If anything this just means that Goku's training for the 22nd Budokai wasn't as much of a jump as the either Roshi's or Korin's training
If it's about Battle Power, we shouldn't consider it linear in the first place, so please don't use that as evidence if you don't intend to interpret it that way.
If that's indeed the case and it's solely referring to his Power Level, then this is even more shaky since we don't consider PLs as linear increases AP wise.
Power Levels were definitely intented to be linear, the Dragon Ball Forever statements are just usuable because they don't use the word "Power Level"
But like come on, you can't tell me the description with the title "22nd Budokai Goku: Power Level 180" isn't talking about that Goku?

Actually, no, they don’t. The heading for Goku’s King Piccolo Arc PL doesn’t have a description and neither does his heading with his 32,000 PL. Also, Goku’s Saiyan Saga heading is above the description for 23rd Budokai Goku, which is, funnily enough, the same situation that we have here.
Not adding a description isn't the same as titling something "Namek Saga Goku's growth" and then making a description about Saiyan Saga Goku?
Also what? The saiyan saga heading isn't above the description for 23rd Budokai Goku?
"After receiving training from the gods, Goku nearly doubles his strength. When he stores up his Ki for the Kamehameha, this value rises to nearly 1,000!"
This is for 23rd Budokai Goku, not Saiyan Saga Goku

That's not what downscaling is, are you freaking kidding me? LMFAO.
Downscaling is ONLY about the value attrituted to the earlier version of a character. All there is to it is the numerical value.
The future feats that don't happen in the arc don't apply to the past arc. Take half a second to think, Pilaf Saga characters didn't perform, show consistency, or had any portray of that caliber just by one statement. God damn it dude.
This argument defeats the point of scaling in the first place, applying feats to characters who haven't performed said feat.
Cool strawman.
If you have a feat to back it up, you keep the value
If you don't have the feat, AND have anti-feats that make for a more consistent value, you don't keep the value. It's not ******* rocket science.
So your answer is yes?

That consistency is not inherited by the earlier key, lmfao. In that case, the secondary canon source is the outlier for the earlier key, it's literally that simple. Jesus Christ.
Once again, this wasn't your argument prior. It's a completely different argument that sidetracks what we've been talking about. If this was your argument then you should have brung this up, not pretend like the argument I made in response to other specific arguments were wrong.
No, but it's stupid to assume someone has a powerscaler type of knowledge. Literally every Tier 8 feat from DB is visually same-ey with Tier 9 feats.
Tier 9 anti-feats are not detrimental to Tier 8 characters, it's literally too close in scale to matter.
But it's smarter to assume that the writer has no clue what they are talking about? And again with the purely subjective arguments. I'd have no problem with these but you are arguing as if your argument is completely objective. Keep it that way.

If it isn't the power pole, sure.
The point is that, there are Tier 9 anti-feats in DB involving bullets, or are we just debating Tier 9 antifeats in general? If you're debating that, you've been debating a strawman and derailing the thread.
Aren't you making the argument that the tier 9 bullets aren't antifeats?

Last edited:
Also what? The saiyan saga heading isn't above the description for 23rd Budokai Goku?
Yeah, it is. It says Goku has a PL of 416, which is exactly what he had against Raditz. So like I said, the description may be for the 23rd Budokai, but the heading is about the Saiyan Saga, which is the same situation we have with Post-Korin Training Goku’s description being under the 22nd Budokai heading.

Well, the Super Exciting Guide's analysis of Goku's growth which was "based on data supervised by Akira Toriyama." doesn't mention the training that was done between Baba and the 22nd Budokai, but does mention both Roshi's and Korin's training regimens, so it's a bit far-fetched to say that the stuff that made Goku x10 and x2 stronger were more important to his growth than the training that made him quadrillions of times stronger

so it's a bit far-fetched to say that something that made Goku x10 and x2 stronger was more important than the training that made him quadrillions of time stronger
That’s pretty much just arguing from incredulity. We have no actual reason to believe that either of those trainings would be greater than the three years of training he did in between the Baba Arc and the 22nd Budokai. Hell, we don’t really have a reason to compare them in the first place.

If anything this just means that Goku's training for the 22nd Budokai wasn't as much of a jump as the either Roshi's or Korin's training

Power Levels were definitely intented to be linear, the Dragon Ball Forever statements are just usuable because they don't use the word "Power Level"
But like come on, you can't tell me the description with the title "22nd Budokai Goku: Power Level 180" isn't talking about that Goku?
They were never meant to be linear if a normal human is 5 and a freaking moon buster is ~180

I think the blog still needs some refinements but lemme bring it on the new thread if it exists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back