• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall her slaying demonic beasts as a child, but I do know that she did take one out by herself.

Also, wouldn't seteth and flayn technically be up there? since they are saints, and are heavily implied to have beast forms.

They're below the Death Knight, but comparable to various Hero's Relic Wielders such as Catherine at least. Also, speaking of which, Catherine is consistently described as the strongest Knight in the Church of Serios. Though, this obviously doesn't include Serios herself. And Shamir was her rival due to her immense skill in precision, but raw power is heavily debated.

Seteth and Flayn are also noted to be much weaker than they used to be, and no longer have access to their dragon forms. Rhea is pretty much the only Nabatean whose power hasn't waned.

Would the Sacred weapons also be comparable to Heros relics despite being weaker?

and claude should obv have genius intelligence since they are a "master tactician"

Sacred Weapons should perhaps be comparable to the Hero's Relics

Yes, and so should Byleth because he's even more masterful as a tactician

I mean I don't exactly see a way around it, as it wouldn't make sense to put a pre-timeskip student above a sacred weapon.

Also Sothis is Omniscient as shown in Seteth and Hilda's support

There do exist artificial Hero's Relics that are just as strong as other Hero's Relics, so it seems uncontroversial for Holy weapons to also be at a similar tier.

And oh yes, she is

I actually think Rhea is not as powerful as she was in her prime due to her mental deterioration over the years, plus she can't really use her form for that long and she risks losing control. Although she is still on the level of say Claude, Edelgard and Dimitri if I had to scale her base form.

I think Rhea, Seteth, Flayn, Indech and Macuil should get a "Current" Key and a "Prime" key seeing as they aren't as strong as they once were.

The original Nemesis and Seiros are rated as Low 7-B via the mountain cutting calc; though it's the Javelins of Light that have the 7-A calculation. And in the Church Route, they actually do fight a full power version of the Immaculate One, which was "Powerful enough to destroy all of Fodlan." The one in Crimson Flower does have the same stats as the Church route one however.

I'm honeslty a bit confused with the JoL. I mean we see 2 completely decimate fort merceus, but there was no fallout afterwards. And yet, look what happened to Ailel. Or maybe it was just a site that was constantly struck.

I'm a bit iffy about sacred weapons being comparable to Hero's relics. The original Hero's Relics and the dark ones we see in Golden Deer were all made by TWSITD. Sacred weapons were all made by Saint Macuil and possibly other people related to the church and Nabateans. Without any feats, I don't think there's a reason to scale them to each other.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Where would Post-Timeskip Edelgard without Hedgemon form be?
I'd put Edelgard alongside Claude. She still fought The IO.

All three of them should be pretty equal, but the different routes are what tend to alter their overall power levels, but there are certain stats that can be compared. Dimitri has raw physical strength, Claude has speed/agility/dexterity, and Edelgard has Magic Potency and durability/endurance.

I mean the "powerful enough to destroy all of fodlan" is just flowery language right? Otherwise the very top tiers would be High 6-B.

@RTX, it's not flowery language per say, it is legitimate that IO can destroy all of Fodlan over time at the very least. The problem just means there's no proof that she one shots all of Fodlan or burns it in seconds or anything of the like. So it's best to assume she does it over an unknown amount of time and scales from the Mountain level calc instead.

Seteth was also talking about Rhea AND the White Beasts when he made that claim, so it's even more unlikely that Rhea would actually scale to a feat like that, he was implying that it would be a group effort to destroy Fodlan.

Immaculate One is the boss while those other White Beasts are fodder compared to IO, so it would especially be IO that holds most of the weight.

Even if they're fodder compared to her, Seteth's statement was still in refrence to a group as a whole, which does weaken the argument that IO would be able to one-shot Fodlan on her own.

Plus the lack of a timeframe makes it even more iffy. The point I was trying to make is I don't think Seteth's statement is ever going to be usable considering how many things were going on.

I agree that there's no proof that she oneshots Fodlan, I just was iffy on comparing the minions to her.

They're certainly not on par with her, but what I got from Seteth being afraid of them all is that the Immaculate One probably couldn't do it alone, or wasn't as fearsome without support.

That's kinda supported by the gameplay, too, since the White Beasts acted kinda like support units for IO.

Why exactly is Post-Timeskip Byleth stronger than his Pre-timeskip self? I mean they've already fused with Sothis, and before the timeskip, Byleth was literally asleep in some valley, they didn't become stronger like the other characters.

So I don't really see a point to his Pre-timeskip, and post timeskip keys (the ones where hes fused with Sothis), since it isn't really implied anywhere that they've gotten any stronger since they've fused. I think its better to just create a key that says "Sothis Fused" or something like that.

His reawakening kind of had a major impact, plus he trained and got stronger over the course of the timeskip as well.

Sure, it might've had an impact, but I don't think they could've really gotten any stronger. Heck, its implied that Byleth is the only unit that doesn't get stronger during the timeskip. Besides, I doubt they could go from Low 7-B to 7-A within a few months.

I still think that fusing with Sothis should still give them a higher tier, considering the fact that they not only get the sublime sword of the creator, but literally fuse with Sothis. And a "weakened" Sothis should at least be comparable to the IO, if not superior.

You do realize fiction is full of characters who jump from Tier 9 to Tier 1 in super short time-frames right? Even if their training methods seem very basic. Anyway, Pre-Time skip Byleth even after merging with Sothis also consistently struggled to fight foes like Solon, and he was literally stomped by Thales. Where as Pre-Timeskip Byleth is arguably the strongest character besides Prime Sothis; though Resurrected Nemesis and True Immaculate One can be debated.

I think Fused Byleth struggled with Solon as much as he struggled to beat Pallardo, and Rudolph (Obv an exaggeration) considering the fact that Byleth (with some assistance maybe) could take on Solon at Remire village.

Also, I wouldn't really count the "fight" with Thales a stomp, as all Thales did was knock Byleth off of a cliff, not to mention Byleth seemed relatively unscathed. If it was a stomp, Thales would've just knocked Byleth out without needing to knock them off a cliff, or at least severely injured them.

I'd argue that Reserructed Nemesis and IO are actually stronger than Byleth. Reserructed Nemesis, even while injured, could overpower Byleth several times. (Though I guess you could also argue that Byleth was also injured.) The IO I guess you could say could be potentially weaker, since Byleth was canonically the one to take them out in SS. But in CF, it required both Edelgard and Byleth to take the IO out.

The difference of Byleth beating the Immaculate One in Silver Snow and Crimson Flower Makes sense

Byleth alone defeats and exhausts the Immaculate One

Byleth with Edelgard flat out kills the Immaculate One

Also Byleth and Nemesis were pretty much portrayed as Equal, I give the edge to Byleth cause Divine Pulse, it was Claude being there that broke that tie, point being that the Lords aren't as strong or hyped as Byleth nearly is

Fodlan wouldn't have Christmas... Rhea wouldn't allow it... like at all, it goes against her religion

Maybe the real reason Edelgard attacked the church is because she loves Christmas, I mean she is always wearing red

On another, where is chibi christmas Byleth

Agreed, I think a Jesus Sothis would actually be a good Christmas gift.

As for Byleth Vs Nemesis, it's basically like Teen Gohan vs Super Perfect Cell, with Claude being Vegeta or Goku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back