• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is controversial, but Edelgard and Rhea are both right from their viewpoints, Edelgard doesn't know the actual truth about the history of Fodlan and has been lied to by Those Who Slither in The Dark and truly believes the Church has been abusing their power, and Rhea knows how humanity has screwed over the Nabateans in the past so it makes sense why she would want to control and keep watch over the whole continent

It makes sense why they do the things they do, and I think Sothis understands this as well and feels that Byleth, who has spent time with all sides, is the only one who can make an educated choice with who is the right side

Yeah, Sothis's desire is that she doesn't really want to be an Omnipotent Goddess, she just wants to live among her people. Which she finally does through Byleth.

Edelgard and Rhea are two sides of the same coin.

Edelgard is fixiated on the future and closes off the past in order to move forward, and therefore force everyone else to do the same.

Rhea is fixiated in the past and has not been able to move on, and thus no one else has been able to move on from the past.

Both characters also embody "The Ends Justify the Means" philosophy. But both have the same end goal. Peace.

PaChi2 said:
Unless I missed something in GD, Sothis does not really care about Rhea or the rest of her children even after Byleth is told the truth of what happened in the past.
I meant as a "mother" or motherly figure. Just to be clear.

Well, to be fair, Sothis doesn't really talk in part 2 aside from when you marry her. (Which is funny when you think about it as Byleth marrying themselves)

Byleth can marry Rhea, techincally his Grandma and Daughter

Byleth can marry Sothis, technically his Great-Grandma and Himself

And people say Fates has bad Incest...

All the leaders are morally grey save Claude. Claude is the true saving grace.

Claude is honestly the guy in the game I align with politically, being willing to make connections and allies with everyone, however if they refuse and intend to attack, then we retort with violence, he actually gives Edegard a chance to surrender and talks to people and trys to make allies with other countries, plus we actually get to find out the truth of the past

The world is most well off in the Golden Deer Route, Byleth and Claude as ally kings from separate countries unite all the surrounding countries and actually take input from the people to help better the world

Also God Shattering Star is AMAZING

DarkDragonMedeus said:
All the leaders are morally grey save Claude. Claude is the true saving grace.
Non-Psychotic Dimitri is better, tho.

There will be 6 DLC characters looking as SF, Anna and Jeritza are already known.

I want a single thing from the DLC : a route where Edelgard slowly die feeling absolute despair , TWSID is eradicated and Claude and Dimitri are still alive and around .

@Naeblis495

Well isn't that the exact same attitude that started every conflict in Three Houses

Nope ,conflict happen because a white haired bloodthirsty psycopath that ally herself with evil incarnate, start a continental war and kill millions just because the world doesn't spin the way she want .

I sympathise with what she had to go throught in her youth , doesn't mean i doesn't find her actions completly despicable and worthy of a fate worse than TWSITD made her suffer through .

Ok, that's a little harsh on El, but I'm not gonna get into this debate, the Rhea vs Edelgard argument is always split

First of all, that fact that Jeritza is recruitable in the new DLC route kind of indicates Edelgard will be playable in that route as well. And I'm pretty sure the DLC route will basically be one where all three houses will be united to fight Those Who Slither in the Dark.

And yes, I'm an Edelgard defender, as an antonym to DragonMaster's Rhea defender.

A little harsh ? she break the peace, start a continental war and trample upon millions of lives to conquer fodland without trying any other options beforehand .She didn't even TRIED .

It is impossible that a being that take such actions can make me believe they mean well .

I couldn't care less about fanatical green haired dragon lady , she is almost as bad as white haired bloodthirsty psycopath but she at least tried peacefull methods for 650+ years first . That didn't worked so she went full crazy.

Having all Houses team up would be great, but I feel like it would invalidate the other 4, maybe if it was at the cost of something big storywise, but otherwise I'm down

Had a terrible childhood. Gonna start a war against the entire continent inevitably killing innocent men women and children, turning against my former family and mocking them when they are about to die all while teaming up with the very people that tortured me and my siblings.

I just hope the execute it better than Fates, and the Final Boss would have to be something that tops the others; it would still be something recommended to play last. I hope they program it in a way where it's only accessible via New Game+ at the very least.

I both want and don't want a perfect route. I want it for the pure wholesomeness. But I don't want it for the possible writing issues. At least keep it non-canon and only have it reveal a few new details, but not the full story. I don't want another Revelations....

Obviously, don't just throw in a new plot Dragon, but Nemesis and/or Immaculate One.. being the final boss is still cool. Note that it may or may not be "Perfect" depending on how Immaculate One is executed. Though, maybe if they managed to subdue her without killing her it would be perfect.

And maybe Nemesis gets resurrected sooner and we get to see more of his character. And perhaps Edelgard learns the hard way what the real Nemesis is like.

Rtxthegamer said:
Had a terrible childhood. Gonna start a war against the entire continent inevitably killing innocent men women and children, turning against my former family and mocking them when they are about to die all while teaming up with the very people that tortured me and my siblings.
And that murder of the 99% is for what end goal ? So that the survivors that she likes have the posibility to be part of the 1%, her little circle jerk, at the top of the political power .

Absolute dumpster fire . Her "meritocraty" is as flawed , abusable and susceptible to corruption than the noble system. She slaughter millions and fix nothing .

I'm pretty sure if Edelgard knew the full truth, she would have hated TWSITD even more then Rhea or Dimitri ever did.

Also, I really wish a DLC enabled females to become War Masters because Catherine and Edelgard would have been perfect for those classes.

Edelgard wanted to change the crest system and the nobility and unite Fodlan because honestly, the system need some changes. Fodlan was a pretty harsh place that focus heavily on that of Crests. Indeed, Fodlan was in 'peace', a status quo that lasted 1000 years before Edelgard came about and throw the whole continent into a bloody war but this 'status quo' was causing strife and suffering throughout the land.

The world was stagnant, with coincidences of birth utterly dominating people's lives, ruled by an immortal dragon lady who probably didn't realize the consequence of such a world but didn't notice or care. If you have a crest, you are guaranteed a good life, but if you don't have one, then suck to be you because you are going to experience some harshness.

We have stories of Sylvain and his disturbing relationship with his older brother, we have Mercedes situation with her mother being used only to create a baby with Crest before casting the two away into the street when that purpose was served, we have Hanneman story about his sister who died due to being put under severe stress to create baby with a Crests and so on and so forth.

Maybe I do not agree with her methods, but honestly, if she didn't start this war, the war would start another way. The powder keg was already lit, it was only a matter of time before it ignited. Edelgard ultimately starting the war, and a lot of her other actions, at least, is something that ultimately allowed for a change to occur.

On another note, for the DLC, perhaps we instead go into the distant past about 1000 years ago and see the War of Heroes with our own eyes, maybe we get to play as Seiros as we clash against Nemesis and learn more about TWSTD.

Or maybe you don't go to the monastary at the beginning of the game, and you never become a professor in the first place. Rather you meet the students later on.

Pretty much no one suffered from the crest system beside the 1% : some of the nobles .

99% of the population didn't care one bit , they had enough problems on their own that is linked to being in sorta middle age setting : bandits ,monsters, taxes ect .

Yes , you can't become a noble if you don't have a crest , but that ain't a big deal . If you have actual skill , your life will be successfull regardless : rich merchant ,strong knight/mercenary,artist,teacher ect... none of those require crest and can still set you up for life with a pretty confortable life . The lack of crest just prevent you of being at the utmost top of the political food chain , that's pretty much all .

That is my main problem , her actions are not worth it , not one bit , you don't kill the 99% just to stop the suffering of some of the 1%( that is put upon them by another part of the 1% btw) . That is complete retaardation. Not to mentoin her complete hypocritical "meritocraty" , that fix none of the problems of the noble system beside the birthright bit .

Rhea "ruled" fodland ? we must have played a different game then. She may have influence as the church is as powerfull as one of the other nation but she doesn't rule fodland one bit .

Obviously the war was always going to happen , with TWSITD manipulating shit in the shadow . I don't even mind the war hapenning , i just want edelgard to present me real reasons and a real concrete end goal that justify the murder of millions. Then i could actually feel bad when i kill her.

On my BL playthrough, I used sublime heaven on Hegemon edelgard and Byleth said "here is something to believe in!" which i thought was really fitting.

Looking good, as a side note; I'm almost done with Sothis' profile, just need the specific links for it to be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back