• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I added Neutral Characters since she isn't Evil per say. But in other routes besides Edelgard's she is a supporting character. Do we even have a category for that? She's not quite a protagonist though.

He doesn't suck that bad in his own game; though my main is Marth. Which I have gone on record to say multiple times.

Invulnerabiliy is typically treated as NLF here, but it would be a defense boost. And negating the effect of an attack is Power Nullification, similar to what [[Jedah (Fire Emblem)|Jedah] has.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Why are we listing Rhea as only an Antagonist?
Being an antagonist doesnt even mean she is evil. Just that she opposes the protagonist (Byleth), something that only happens in CF.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I would simply put "Good Characters" as outside of CF, she's a good character.
Her not becoming an enemy anywhere else than CF doesnt automatically make her "good".

I think Rhea being willing to reflect on her actions and resolve to improve herself and atone makes her at least a good individual, if not a good leader.

On an unrelated note, I don't think she qualifies for the primary antagonist tag. The tag description says that they need to be "main antagonists that a self-contained story circles around, or recurrent archenemies of a main protagonist." Since each route requires information from others to understand, I don't think we can call them "self-contained" stories. If anything, Those Who Slither In The Dark are the primary antagonists of every route. In the same vein, Edelgard shouldn't qualify either. Also, each of the lord students should only be protagonists, not primary protagonists.

Speaking of my Smash Main, is there literally any other result we can get for the FE6 and 7 characters other than Unknown for their Legendary Weapon Keys

I love how in Blue Lions you end up destroying TWSITD by accident lol

I still haven't finished BE (Chapter 5), but I've finished every other route. Once Christmas holidays start I'll finally have the time to finish this behemoth of a game.

You don't really destroy TWSITD. I mean i guess you kill their leader, but shambala is completely unharmed, and there are plently of members left

"Being an antagonist doesnt even mean she is evil. Just that she opposes the protagonist (Byleth), something that only happens in CF."

I never said it meant evil though? Why are you acting like I did?

"Her not becoming an enemy anywhere else than CF doesnt automatically make her "good"."

That's not the only reason? The fact that she;

1) Actually saves people from the literal kindness of her heart.

2) Goes through a literall redemption arc and thus sacrifices herself to save you and Fodlan and is someone who actually reflects on her past actions should fit her into the "good character" category as she is still a good person outside of CF which is the only time she completely loses her sanity.

A good person is not necessarily a "perfect person" either.

>A good person is not necessarily a "perfect person" either.

That depends who you're talking to, but there would be no such thing as "Good people" if someone literally has to be perfect. Even Claude would technically be "evil" if you had to be prefect all the time. Just leaving those details out there.

Not against you, just clarification. It was a neutral comment; half of it was elaborating upon what you were saying, but the other half was basically saying it depends on the whole debates regarding you know what.

I mean, Rhea did some pretty bad things, all of which can be justified (justifiable =/= agreeable btw) and we do know she wants peace. As well as the stuff mentioned above. She's a good person, just like Edelgard is a good person. They just so happen to be good people with an "End justify the means" philosophy that may or may not be seen as okay to some people and unforgivable for others.

At the game awards when the only clip of Three Houses in the montage of the year of games was Dimitri's line of "KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM"

I got so hyped

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I mean...I don't understand why that would be a point against me at all...
I know you didnt say she was evil, btw. I just said it because of your later "good characters" thing. Sorry if it came across as me putting words in your mouth.

I believe, tho, that since Rhea/Edelgard arent "good" in one route, it should be enough to not label them as "good characters".

Yeah, it's best to call them both Neutral characters. And yeah, Dimitri's badass one-liner is the best meme of 2019.

Is there a way to upload images? I've been trying to upload some images for my profiles, but it just says "permission error". Even though I've been able to do it before

I seriously dont know how "kill every last one of them" became a meme.

"Killing every last one of them" is something people do in almost every Fire Emblem map, even those that dont specify "Rout enemy", just to gain exp. Only clear exceptions are the ones with a turn limit.

They probably just like Dimitri's voice and face; that's what makes the difference. And I agree to those. Plus, that video on "How Fire Emblem Players View Objectives" was what made it a meme.

Ok, here's what I think the top strongest of Three Houses is, based on cutscenes and lore

1. Post-Timeskip Byleth (Has power of Sothis who is supposed to be above everyone else. Heavily implied to have soloed and defeated the Immaculate One in Silver Snow. Only appeared to he deterred by the final bosses, none of the lords or even the Death Knight Lore-wise or cutscene wise pushed him and came close to defeating him)

2. Resurrected Nemeis (Shown as equal to Post-Timeskip Byleth, had Claude not sneak attacked Nemesis, Byleth and him likely would have tied. Killed Sothis and has a Sword equal to Byleth)

3. Immaculate One (A Dragon... nuff said, gave everyone a tough fight)

4. Hegemon Edelgard (Seemed to mostly fight and get defeated by Dimitri rather than Byleth explaining why she isn't higher, tough and stronger than base Edelgard)

5. Indech and Macuil (Appear to be slightly weaker but still on the level of the Immaculate One)

6. Post-Timeskip Dimitri (Seemed to be the primary force that defeated Hegemon Edelgard. A monster in combat)

7. Post-Timeskip Claude (Weaker than Dimitri but still tough, fought Almyra Guy. Heavily implied to be a main factor in defeating Macuil. Mainly a strategist which is why he's below Dimitri)

8. Death Knight (Could be higher, really only posed as a threat lorewise pre-timeskip. Kinda gets beaten by Byleth easily)

9. Thales (Could be higher than the Death Knight, however lacks the lore and cutscene feats)

This is what I think

Jokes aside, I would say that post-timeskip Macuil and Indech are weaker than Post-Timeskip lords, as Seteth remarks how he thought Indech was holding back, but the latter says that Seteth's just overhyping him and that he's not as strong as he used to be.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Where would Post-Timeskip Edelgard without Hedgemon form be?
Probably between Dimitri and Claude. She should be stronger than the latter, but had she been stronger than the former, she wouldn't have needed Hegemon.

She kind of needed Hegemon to fight off Byleth as well for sure, but also different routes actually have different alternations on their training. So it's probably safest to consider the three lords fairly equal or stronger in different areas but note that they're generally stronger than usual in their own routes.

Yeah, scaling the Lords based on various routes is hard. However, I do believe Dimitri having the highest brute strength is consistent at least according to lore.

Claude is the fastest and most agile but physically the weakest of the three, Dimitri is physically the strongest but has the worst magic power and resistance, and Edelgard is the most magically powerful, and is technically more durable do to higher defense and resistance cap, but is the least agile of the three. Edelgard is also almost as strong as Dimitri given she slain demonic beasts even as a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back