• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire Emblem discussion thread 4: New House? New DLC? New path? New Dawn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Coming back from BFR isnt "resistance to BFR". BFR works just fine on him. Resistance to BFR would be if Byleth said "no u" to Solon.

Byleth is simply able to cut through dimensions. Nothing more really. Just a form of Spatial Manipulation.

Yeah, show me the cut scene next time, it's just spatial manipulation. I said "perhaps" more so as a joke. He's Low 2-C because he merged with Sothis who was originally Low 2-C.

Man, I never knew how diverse the epilogues for every pairing were in Three Houses, every single one has a different story and ending for each of the characters as an interesting developement

Like in Byleth and Flayn's epilogue they have children and it's confirmed Byleth doesn't age now, like that proves they'll live long past their years, which is sad for any of their human partners, but still, very interesting lore

So Immortality Type 1 or Longevity for Byleth; though I think they already have that.

Well, as far as individual students are concerned, Black Eagles are my favorite of the Three Houses, but the Golden Deers are definitely the best route, yes.

I love every house equally, since many of my favorites come from separate houses

But Golden Deer seems like the most complete and satisfying route to conclude on for me, it's the happiest ending and deals with all the lore and villains, plus...

God Shattering Star

I do love every single house, as that's what's so great about Three Houses as I said multiple times. I can't even think of a single character in 3H that I don't absolutely like. But overall, most of my favorite non-lords happen to be among the Black Eagles. Caspar is probably my favorite non-lord male with Bernadetta being my favorite non-lord playable female.

I would recommend ending with Golden Deer, I feel Black Eagles and Blue Lions are best when played back to back and then Golden Deer is a great final conclusion as it answers everything

Black Eagles IMO seems like something either played first, last, or both depending on the scenerio. If BE is your first rough, then depending on which branch, it seems better to do the other last to avoid making the first half redundant. Or if BE was the last of the three houses where you have New Game+ bonuses, you can make two save files before the point where there's a split and just have each file continues.

I went with this order and personally think it's best

1. Silver Snow

2. Crimson Flower

3. Blue Lions

4. Golden Deer

Black Eagles is the best to start with since it makes the decision between Rhea and Edelgard Morally Gray, also I just saved at the split between Silver Snow and Crimson Flower, so I didn't need to play the Black Eagles White Clouds section twice

The way I'm doing them is this.

1. Crimson Flower
  2. Verdant Wind
  3. Azure Moon
  4. Silver Snow
  5. The 5th Route (If I make it this far before the DLC, I may make this 6th and do Crimson Flower again in the same way most players do Crimson Flower just to play as Jeritza)
All routes are more fun with New Game+ bonuses since it's unlikely to recruit everyone without it.

Yeah it is a lot of time to put into to this game, It took me 275 Hours to play every route

DLC might break 300 Hours for me

I did enjoy every second of it tho and didn't get bored

I think it's safe to call Three Houses my new favorite game of all time. I did consider that contested a few years ago debating A Link to the Past and Breath of the Wild as a tie; and still do have those two fighting for best in the series and of all time. But Three Houses is easily my favorite Fire Emblem game, and is my new favorite Nintendo Switch game thus beating BotW in the process, and has reached #1 on my list.

Have no idea how much hours I put into it after I got it on boxing day but it's less then 35 hours and more then 20 hours

But rn I'm at crimson flower, chapter 17

Blue Lions is the strongest house hands down. Best balanced house and has the strongest physical unit in the game as well as the best healer.

Blue Lions are heavily CQC focused, and they lack very many magic users though. Golden Deers is actually the one that's considered the most balanced; it's got a lot of snipers/Bow Knights, Lysithea is the ultimate Glass Cannon, Lorenz is someone who can balance physical combat, mobility, and magic, and Raphael can be a great tank + Heavy hitter.

I forgot to mention that of the three lords, Dimitri is the one whose easiest to kill as he lacks the massive evasion as Claude, and is susceptible to magic unlike Edelgard. Plus, El's duel type fighting style of being both a heavy hitter and a tank in both ways inherently makes her seem even more OP. There's something about Magical powerhouses with high physical defense and physical powerhouses with high magic resistance that makes them due massive damage in a scenerios. Dimitri could get in trouble if he's surrounded by magic users on Maddening difficulty, plus out of all lords, Dimitri is the one who's downgraded the most when it comes to terrain.

>Dimitri would get in trouble surrounded by magical users on maddening.

Sure, let's see how many magic users can touch Dimitri wielding a javeling and activating batallion vantage and wrath.

>Blue lions lack magical users

Physical classes outclass every single magical class. Mercedes is the best healer in the game.

Dimitri is the easiest boss to kill? U wot m8? You cant gauge units by the abilities they are given by default by the game. I could counter your arguement by saying that my Dimitri can one-round Hegemon Edelgard in Maddening, but that's something Felix can do too, so its not even a feat.

Lorenz is bad. Sylvain is better as a mixed unit. Friendly reminder that you can make everyone everything, so "a lot of snipers/bow knights" is not an arguement. Raphael is worse than Dedue or Gilbert as a tank.

>Dimitri is the one who's downgraded the most when it comes to terrain.

U wot m8? Bow knight Dimitri? Wyvern Lord Dimitri? He even has a strength for riding my man. If you are going by their "canon" classes, Emperor is the worst of them in mobility.

Dimitri doesnt lack evasion, his personal ability boosts his evasion lol.

I agree blue lions op as hell

I'm stuck at crimson flower chapter 17 and I just keep losing as I need to kill everything and that's so damn hard. My god

20191231 180658

If the Magic users have 3 or more range, or a high chance of critical hit, then yes. It is dangerous. And while Mercedes is a great healer, so are Linhardt, Marianne, Manuela, and Flayn. Or heck, Byleth himself is good enough. And I disagree, about physical Vs Magical; it's those that excel a both at the same time are the best. Mortal Servants, and Gremories are the best Master Classes with Lythisia and Dorothea being the best gremory; the latter can spam meteors. Raphael makes up for being slightly less tanky for being an excellent brawler/War Master.

Leonie is actually the best Bow Knight in the game due to her immense speed. Not talking about their boss forms, but as playable lords, Dimitri's the hardest lord to keep alive because Claude could just hide in the forest and constantly dodge every attack and Edelgard can constantly heal herself. Dimitri is more dependent on others to heal him. Terrain benefits magic users due to the fact that it bypasses evasion and defense boosts. Also, Jeritza is the one who's really OP.

He has a strength for horses, he has a weakness for flying. Terrain doesn't give bonuses to flying units also. And Edelgard doesn't really need mobility as her magic can clear out the battlefield. And she would have owned Nemesis single-handedly if she was playable on Claude's route. PS, Claude is actually the weakest when it comes to fighting end game bosses because range and evasion is his greatest strength, which Counter rectifies the range part.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Mortal Servants, and Gremories are the best Master Classes with Lythisia and Dorothea being the best gremory; the latter can spam meteors.
https://youtu.be/x4sI_ccJLpA

There's almost no question that Wyvern Lord is the best Master Class, and probably the best class overall with the exception of Barbarossa. Unlike Bow Knight, it has great class growths too, with +15% Strength and +10% Speed.

There is this list which is mostly good. Wyvern Lord is one of the best, save for the fact that there's susceptibility to bows and magic. Standing on high ground and spamming meteors however is where it's at.

My main disagreements with the list is War Master should be much higher and Great Knight should be lower. And yeah, Felix should be a War Master rather than a Mortal Savant, but Edelgard makes an amazing Mortal Savant and Wyvern Lord.

Happy new year btw. Im quitting the conversation. However:

"And Edelgard doesn't really need mobility as her magic can clear out the battlefield"

I legit wonder if you are arguing in actual combat or ingame. Because magic!Edelgard is her worst path.

"And I disagree, about physical Vs Magical; it's those that excel a both at the same time are the best. Mortal Servants, and Gremories are the best Master Classes with Lythisia and Dorothea being the best gremory; the latter can spam meteors."

Mortal Savant is literally the worst Master Class.

Mortal Savant Edelgard is powerhouse both physically and magically. Use swords, axes, and brawling on all magus using enemies and use dark magic on all the high defence enemies, and she can KO anyone in 1-2 hits. Luna is also the best way to oneshot Nemesis.

No offense, but that list is pretty bad, even if I agree with some of its choices. The reasoning they use is way off for some of them. For example, one of their reasons for why Holy Knights are bad is because "an army of only Holy Knights wouldn't be very effective," which completely misses the point of the entire game; no unit is meant to act on their own. Your units are supposed to work as a team. That's also why their reasoning for Mortal Savant is wrong. Mortal Savants are far outclassed at melee combat by melee classes like Swordmaster, Assassin, Warmaster, and Wyvern Lord. They're also outclassed magically by Dark Knights.

Gremory is an anomaly of a class. It's mediocre overall, but is useful for a couple of unique characters. It helps Dorothea use Meteor, but honestly that's very overrated. Dorothea's growths are not good, and Meteor can only be used twice as a Gremory. It's not as good as everyone says. Lysithea is good as a Gremory since she gets another Warp use, but other than that she'd probably be better as a Dark Knight.

Anyway, back to Mortal Savants. There's no reason to spread yourself so thin when you can just use dedicated units working as a team. To top it off, Mortal Savant has bad class growths too, with a -10% to speed, which is debilatating for a sword user, since they rely on speed rather than strength. Every unit who is typically recommended by some as a good Mortal Savant works better in other classes. Felix is better as a Swordmaster or Warmaster, Lysithea is better as a Dark Knight or Gremory, Edelgard is better as a Wyvern Lord, etc.

I personally think Holy Knights are at the bottom, but more so because healers are meant to be back row units, and horses don't always help them that much. Plus, Holy Knights and Dark Knights are both physically outclassed by Paladins which alone suggests they're outclassed by some other classes as well. Great Knights are both less mobile than Paladins and less tanky than Fotress Knights, hence why I think they should be lower. If they were more composite like, then I'd have more tolerance. Bow Knights are in the middle I agree.

Wyvern Lords are 2nd place is a good spot. My only real criticism with Gremories would be the status of a female only class as Hubert and Linhardt would have been cool in those classes. Same with War Masters; Catherine and Hilda both would have made really great War Masters.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Mortal Savant Edelgard is powerhouse both physically and magically. Use swords, axes, and brawling on all magus using enemies and use dark magic on all the high defence enemies, and she can KO anyone in 1-2 hits. Luna is also the best way to oneshot Nemesis.
Wyvern Lord Edelgard. Wyvern Lord. Edelgard has the best Axe in the game. Use it. With Canto, and Flying.

Her best class is Wyvern Lord.

Felix works better as Bow Knight.

Lysithea as Gremory

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Edelgard's magic is completely unnecessary. Her magic growth isn't good enough to justify it, and she's way better as a physical unit. Luna is good, but as a Mortal Savant you only get one use, and her not-so-good magic stat and Luna's low might mean it's not going to do anywhere near as much as Lysithea's, or have as many uses. If you need Luna, use Lysithea. Dedicated magic and physical units working as a team will almost always be more efficient than having versatile units, with few exceptions.

Felix's main preferred weapons are swords and brawling though, and some of those for Bow Knights are weaknesses. I do agree that Wyvern Lord Edelgard is amazing and does make the best user of her "Hero's Relic" but she's also amazing with Gambits. It's excellent for clearing out chapter maps; but Mortal Savant El is OP for one on one boss fights. Lysithea is the best Gremory for sure. Dorathea is great too with her meteors; I don't care if her physical stats are low, she's still fast enough with good enough magic power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back