• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fire and Lightning ~ Cole vs. Natsu

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC Natsu won't be unscathed from eating something that's not fire. He drains himself very fast or suffers damage from that.

And even if he can enter LFDM that doesn't mean he can eat lightnings with ease. He can do it and will get amped, but not without problems. And Cole's lightning can't be absorbed by people who passively resists and absorbs lightning so it's like Natsu eating the lightning from Orga which I'm not sure would happen.

DragonEmperor23 said:
The first time yeah. No, it's actual electricity, it's been discussed in many threads. I'll find one of them after I post this. No, that's a misconception. Lightning Flame Dragon Mode actually just stayed with Natsu for the rest of the series and he could use it whenever he wanted. For the God Slayer's flames, he wasn't damaged because he ate the flames but because Zancrow was beating Natsu up and was about to kill him before Natsu figured out the trick. It's shown with Sting that going into the fused mode actually makes you more energized.
@Cal

Why are you doing it yourself then.

@Dragon he probably tries to biodrain Natsu

Schnee One said:
Seriously there's dozens of FT characters and yet the only ones ever used are Natsu, Zeref, Erza and August, with very few exceptions

I for one, wouldn't mind a Kagura match, or Ultear, or Dimaria....
You started it, so you must end it.

Laxus can eat Cole's Lightning, I don't know where it is stated that he can't do so

He touched you and you die

@CNB Dude we were already told to stop and I did, why are you quoting posts?

@CMB You quoting the above trying to get the last word and you responding shows you haven't, just be done with it as it's irrelevant

Who has he used it on? If he has to drain all of it to kill then Natsu's not going down anytime soon considering he's going to be covered in electricity.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Who has he used it on? If he has to drain all of it to kill then Natsu's not going down anytime soon considering he's going to be covered in electricity.
If he can that is, he only produces fire or electricity when he uses the ethernanos in his body

DragonEmperor23 said:
Literally every opponent he needs to finish off or kill.

Covered in electricity is literally Cole's game, one Natsu cannot play

Wait how can everyone have electrical powers then

Natsu can cover himself in Electricity as well, if he chooses to

DragonEmperor23 said:
The first time yeah. No, it's actual electricity, it's been discussed in many threads. I'll find one of them after I post this. No, that's a misconception. Lightning Flame Dragon Mode actually just stayed with Natsu for the rest of the series and he could use it whenever he wanted. For the God Slayer's flames, he wasn't damaged because he ate the flames but because Zancrow was beating Natsu up and was about to kill him before Natsu figured out the trick. It's shown with Sting that going into the fused mode actually makes you more energized.
What I said is that Natsu can enter the LFDM without eating electricity (for some reason) and hasn't shown the ability to eat lightning unless the user wants to (i.e. Laxus) while Cole's lightning is resistant to absorption.

It's kinda NLF saying that Natsu can eat any element, and even more if said element it's resistant to absorption just like Zancrow's fire. This isn't fire, it's out of Natsu's ballpark and with traits that he had problems with in the past. I don't recall any instance where Natsu actively ate fire against the user's will.

If he doesn't get drained, then I'll concede but I still think he can't eat Cole's lightning to begin with.

The user wanting them to eat the power doesn't matter as seen with Gajeel vs possessed Rogue.

Natsu ate Bora's fire in the first chapter. He ate Totomaru's fire when he was trying to destroy Jupiter.

Gajeel retained his shadow powers after that

But he has shown that electricity does not work on him either, even when he doesn't enter that form, he ate Etherion which contains all types of elements, not just fire, though it poisons him in the end, he still gains power ups from it. He did eat fire against the users's will because they have no will over their own fire.

Like AnonymousBlank said, and even overpowered Totomaru's control over his own

Natsu's electricity will either get absorbed or drained if Cole gets close, covering in electricity is a death sentence

Now how does Natsu win?

AnonymousBlank said:
Natsu ate Bora's fire in the first chapter. He ate Totomaru's fire when he was trying to destroy Jupiter.
I'm not talking about that every single element should be granted by the user so Natsu can eat it. I'm talking about elements instead of just fire which is his main move. He's eating fire, not lightning resistant to absorption.

@CNBA If you want to give Natsu resistance to every magic in existence go and make a CRT. Just because he ate Etherion doesn't mean he can resist everysingle power.

And still has nothing to do against Cole's lightning.

I don't recall Gajeel using SIDM against Torafuzar. He used Steel Dragon Slayer AFAIK. Scans?

@Schnee Dunno but Cole has range, versatility, flight and biodraining. He can absorb Natsu's lightning but as Anon said, he can't enter LFDM.

Correct me if I'm wrong but every being has electricity in the body. The way the brain works is with electrical currents travelling in the inside. So if Cole biodrains him Natsu becomes a dumbass and gets killed by turning into a vegetable.

@CNBA Cole's lightning harms people with resistance to electricity so Natsu isn't resisting jack here.

Neurelectricity runs through the brain, Natsu will instantly die if that's drained out of his body

I did not say that, he was just immune to Electrical and Fire based attacks. That only works when he has Etherion Fire Dragon Mode, which he does not have so Don't make up powers on the spot to give him over the top feats.

Still though, his absorption of neroelecticity did not kill above average enemies iirc.

Okay, I'm outta here. As always, Natsu's matches gives me a headache so I'm gonna side with Cole for the reasons I listed above if this isn't a stomp.

I'm inclined to say it is

Natsu practically kills himself if he's hit by electric attacks and his main method of punching will literally make him drop dead

Plus like literally everyone here has said, Natsu matches are boring as hell

Natsu will just burn Cole to a pile of ashes before that happens

@Schnee if you think they are boring then stop posting in them

Cole counters it by resisting matter manipulation on a macro Quantic level, grabs Natsu's punch and drains him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back