• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer vs Cole McGrath (PROTOTYPE VS inFAMOUS)

I don't know why the OP is so insistent on concluding this matchup when even Death Battle themselves treated this matchup as a crappy-tier matchup, but fine, I'll provide my own points for this matchup:

With speed being equalised, Mercer likely haxstomps. One could argue that Cole stomps instead, but that also proves this matchup wasn't fair in the first place, since either could stomp.

Cole may have fended off Sasha's tar (with great effort, and even then he was shown to suffer symptoms from it), but his struggle with Sasha's tar proved one thing - Cole's electricity was not able to fry Sasha's tar or the disease it inflicted him with away from him.

And nowhere was it explicitly stated that Sasha's tar has resistance to heat by itself - Cole could've just fried the disease from Sasha's tar the moment it entered his body, but he was unable to... I don't know about you, but that heavily implies one thing: Cole might be able to from electricity from his body, and he could absorb electricity into himself, but his electricity does not appear to be outputted from every cell in his body or otherwise.

That point about Cole's lightning being generated from his body would need explicit statements/scans to prove that every single one of Cole's cells generate electricity - and Cole being susceptible to Sasha's tar (and its disease) previously is pretty much an anti-feat that doesn't really help support Cole's electricity coming out from every single one of his cells. So unless Cole generates lightning-level electricity from every single cell/molecule from his body, the Blacklight Virus would only need access to one of Cole's cells before it rapidly self-reproduces and overtakes Cole's body (with Cole being unable to fry it out of his body like how he was unable to with Sasha's tar) - it doesn't matter if some of the gasses didn't go through, Mercer would only need a sliver of such gasses to get exposed to Cole for the Blacklight virions to infect Cole.

Though even if Cole decides to fry the Blacklight Virus, and Mercer, they would just regenerate anyways, due to Mid-High Regeneration - and via scaling to the Supreme Hunter's feat, Mercer would just regenerate under 24 hours, so Cole would not be able to incapacitate him just by nuking him with higher AP alone.

For Cole using Ionic Vortex, there would need to be explicit scans to prove that Cole has used Ionic Vortex against gasses in-character. I have yet to see a scan provided where Cole uses Ionic Vortex to drain up gasses - and even then, Cole would need to do it forever, which he can't because he would need infinite stamina (and Karmic Overload is temporary), so Cole would run out of energy and then Mercer could use that opportunity to gas Cole again before Cole could get the chance to absorb electricity from his environment... Though if this is RFI-empowered Cole (which I don't think the OP has specified for Good Cole. I don't know why RFI-empowered Cole should be used since I don't think even Death Battle decided to use RFI-empowered Cole, but whatever), stamina would not be much of an issue for Cole, but he would need explicit scans to show that he uses Ionic Vortex to suck up gasses.

So, showcase explicit scans where Cole's electricity is able to be generated from every single one of Cole's own cells/molecules, or else that isn't enough to protect Cole from the Blacklight Virus given that Cole's electricity also didn't protect him from Sasha's tar (with inferior feats to the Blacklight Virus).

"its not really in character for Alex to use the Blacklight gas as his primary combat option."

Yes it is.

Mercer uses gasses even against ordinary humans at Penn Station, and he used gasses with the infected Whitelight against ordinary civilians to infect them.

Mercer hates humans as of, and the entire point of Prototype 2 was that Mercer wanted to infect all of humanity - so Mercer not using gasses against non-infected, like Cole, does not make sense when that's literally the only instance we see how Mercer dealt with non-infected humans that isn't James Heller (who is protected by plot armour). He didn't use gasses against Blacklight James Heller or any other Infected because they were already infected with the Blacklight Virus, so no point in trying to infect what's already infected after all. XD

Also, electricity won't really paralyze Mercer if he decided to get his Shield ability out, as his Shield ability was able to prevent electricity from affecting him like in Robert Cross' fight, so hardened biomass (such as Mercer's Shield or even his Armour form) would be able to prevent Mercer from being paralyzed. It admittedly won't help Mercer against the huge AP gap between him and Cole, but paralysis from Electricity actually isn't much of an issue if Mercer decides to harden his biomass.

-

Though if others decided to argue that it is a stomp for Cole... Then this matchup should never be added in the first place, shouldn't it?

If a matchup is a stomp, then votes are all invalidated anyways, so votes don't matter if a match is a stomp on VSBW. ^_^;
Jeez you are the epitome of fun and friendliness aren't you? But vote counted for Alex.

I can agree with matchups that aren’t stomp, and will even entertain it if even the losing character has a fighting chance, but this matchup is a stomp with either combatants not being able to fight back to get a reasonable outcome when they're losing… So yeah. ^_^;

I mean, votes don’t count if it’s a stomp, and people who argues for stomps technically should not count as votes.

But fine, you can add that as a vote if you want. Just remember that this matchup won’t get added to the profiles since it is a stomp either way, regardless if it is in Alex's favour or Cole's favour.

Also, electricity won't really paralyze Mercer if he decided to get his Shield ability out, as his Shield ability was able to prevent electricity from affecting him like in Robert Cross' fight, so hardened biomass (such as Mercer's Shield or even his Armour form) would be able to prevent Mercer from being paralyzed. It admittedly won't help Mercer against the huge AP gap between him and Cole, but paralysis from Electricity actually isn't much of an issue if Mercer decides to harden his biomass.
No. The paralysis Cole has is way above baseline electricity.

Also, Mercer gets hard negged by quantum and sub atomic level control of energy. Regen ain't saving him from that.

No. The paralysis Cole has is way above baseline electricity.

Also, Mercer gets hard negged by quantum and sub atomic level control of energy. Regen ain't saving him from that.
Okay, but they won’t last because of Regeneration. And paralysis kind of doesn’t become relevant when the electricity themselves gets blocked anyways (so if electricity didn’t reach Mercer's insides, then paralysis wouldn’t happen), but I guess higher AP is higher AP - even assuming Cole having higher AP bypasses hardened biomass, it doesn’t mean the regeneration is nullified, so the paralysis will definitely wear off when Regeneration takes effect.

Cole manipulating Energy at atomic/subatomic level doesn’t mean he can atomize/subatomize the matter of targets. If Cole can do that, then provide explicit scans for that. Is that for RFI-empowered Cole and not base Infamous 2 Good Cole, by the way?

Also, if Cole can atomize/subatomize targets or bypass the Regeneration of characters with such, then why isn’t Regeneration Negation listed in Cole's profile?

I'm in favor of cole winning but I don't think this is a stomp
If you don’t think it’s a stomp, then explain why it isn’t a stomp.

Saying "character A could win, but I don’t think it is a stomp" does not explain why it isn’t a stomp.

There can be cases in matchups where the losing character has a win condition, and it still ends up being a stomp matchup in VSBW. So explain why it isn’t a stomp, because having a win condition doesn’t prevent a match from becoming a stomp as there can be cases where that win condition is unreasonable to be achieved due to the winning character's actions.

Last edited:
Tbh the Infamous profiles are probably outdated. I think since PTS left no one has touched them. Especially since a lot of new info came out.

Also doesn't Cole turning matter into energy via his shield an example of atomizing it?

Also Alex has never dealt with Cole's level of voltage so him adapting to the paralysis effect seems unlikely.

Not going to vote tho. This is a stomp.

Tbh the Infamous profiles are probably outdated. I think since PTS left no one has touched them. Especially since a lot of new info came out.

Also doesn't Cole turning matter into energy via his shield an example of atomizing it?

Also Alex has never dealt with Cole's level of voltage so him adapting to the paralysis effect seems unlikely.

Not going to vote tho. This is a stomp.
If the Infamous profiles are so outdated, then why aren’t they updated yet by the current Infamous fans?

While Cole could transmute matter to energy with his shield, I haven’t seen him do so against organic targets or against living enemies, so I’m entirely unsure how Good Cole would do that against enemies.

I literally used the current profiles to help showcase the matchups where Mercer could stomp. But it Cole stomps with new potential profile changes… Then why aren’t they changed yet? XD

And yeah, if this matchup is a stomp either way, votes should not count, and the matchup should definitely not be added to the character profiles. ^_^;

Okay, but they won’t last because of Regeneration.
Cole has High 7-A electricity that works at the macro-quantum level bro. It's in his first key. He'd be able to disintegrate the guy to particles by just pure AP alone through that.

If you don’t think it’s a stomp, then explain why it isn’t a stomp.

Saying "character A could win, but I don’t think it is a stomp" does not explain why it isn’t a stomp.

There can be cases in matchups where the losing character has a win condition, and it still ends up being a stomp matchup in VSBW. So explain why it isn’t a stomp, because having a win condition doesn’t prevent a match from becoming a stomp as there can be cases where that win condition is unreasonable to be achieved due to the winning character's actions.
they both have solid wincons depending on what they both lead with, Cole probably just lands his first due to sheer AP

Cole has High 7-A electricity that works at the macro-quantum level bro. It's in his first key. He'd be able to disintegrate the guy to particles by just pure AP alone through that.
That’s not how it works bro.

Macro-Quantum manipulation of electricity or converting physical attacks does not mean Cole's own electricity disintegrate organic targets to Macro-Quantum level - if Cole can atomize superhuman enemies with pure AP alone, then show explicit scans/statements of such. If he disintegrated organic targets into atoms or subatomic/elementary particles via hax rather than AP, then showcase explicit scans of such.

they both have solid wincons depending on what they both lead with, Cole probably just lands his first due to sheer AP
That does not mean the matchup doesn’t become a stomp.

What if Cole just flies out of the way? What if Mercer's gasses gets exposed to Cole? What if Cole's own passive heat aura (apparently) completely vapourises the gasses? What if Cole doesn’t start with heat aura in-character? What if Mercer touches Cole from Absorption via touch? What if Cole's own heat aura vapourises Mercer faster than Mercer can touch him, thus rendering touch Absorption becoming irrelevant?

Specifying that both having win conditions that the characters lead with doesn’t prevent it from being a stomp, since there can be cases where matchups such as that becoming a stomp, especially with the losing character's win condition being reduced to irrelevancy from the winning character's abilities.

That does not mean the matchup doesn’t become a stomp.

What if Cole just flies out of the way? What if Mercer's gasses gets exposed to Cole? What if Cole's own passive heat aura (apparently) completely vapourises the gasses?

Specifying that both having win conditions that the characters lead with doesn’t prevent it from being a stomp, since there can be cases where matchups such as that becoming a stomp.
What if Mercer infects Cole at a range? (both have similar range after all) What if Cole decides to get in close and gets infected that way?

It's almost like we're describing a fair match up or something

Also I don't think you know what the site considers a stomp, at worst this MU is just decisive.

What if Mercer infects Cole at a range? (both have similar range after all) What if Cole decides to get in close and gets infected that way?

It's almost like we're describing a fair match up or something

Also I don't think you know what the site considers a stomp, at worst this MU is just decisive.
The only method Mercer could infect at range is via gasses… And what if Cole just uses heat aura to vapourise it before it reaches his insides? Or not use it and fly out of the way? Or stand still?

What if Mercer regenerates after a few hours of being vapourised? What if Cole isn’t able to kill Mercer at all (since Cole apparently lacks explicit scans of reducing organic enemies into atoms or subatomic/elementary particles), and Cole dies of old age, and Mercer wins via outliving Cole's attempts?
Win conditions that gets countered immediately becomes a stomp.

A stomp is when the losing characters gets unreasonably outmatched. It’s not just win conditions, it’s how much danger the winning character faces to get their victory, and if the winning character faces little to no danger or challenge because they counter the losing character's abilities too effectively… Then it becomes a stomp.

Decisive wins only count if there’s actually room for debate for the losing characters (and the winning character faces notable levels of danger or challenge to attain their victory), but if the winning characters just counters the losing character's abilities too effectively, then it’s a stomp rather than a decisive win.

Last edited:
That’s not how it works bro.

Macro-Quantum manipulation of electricity or converting physical attacks does not mean Cole's own electricity disintegrate organic targets to Macro-Quantum level - if Cole can atomize superhuman enemies with pure AP alone, then show explicit scans/statements of such. If he disintegrated organic targets into atoms or subatomic/elementary particles via hax rather than AP, then showcase explicit scans of such.
It's not even about deconstruction.

It's that the AP difference, coupled with the fact that electricity inherently works at the level, would mean that High 7-A amounts of energy would be going through his matter at an extremely small scale and thus would result in disintegration from pretty much any attack.

If the Infamous profiles are so outdated, then why aren’t they updated yet by the current Infamous fans?

While Cole could transmute matter to energy with his shield, I haven’t seen him do so against organic targets or against living enemies, so I’m entirely unsure how Good Cole would do that against enemies.

I literally used the current profiles to help showcase the matchups where Mercer could stomp. But it Cole stomps with new potential profile changes… Then why aren’t they changed yet? XD

And yeah, if this matchup is a stomp either way, votes should not count, and the matchup should definitely not be added to the character profiles. ^_^;

Busy Baldur Gate 3ing rn.

Anyway cause busy.

He used bio leech on enemies. Seems reasonable he'd do the same against organic matter that is more a 'thing' than human. Though I'm not really hard arguing for this one.

Cause I'm a lazy boi. I also want to go through the entire games again on a better time.

But yeah anyway back to BG3 byee

It's not even about deconstruction.

It's that the AP difference, coupled with the fact that electricity inherently works at the level, would mean that High 7-A amounts of energy would be going through his matter at an extremely small scale and thus would result in disintegration from pretty much any attack.
Okay. Show scans that Cole could disintegrate organic enemies to atoms or subatomic/elementary particles with pure AP alone.

Because there can be characters such as Saitama, despite hilariously outmatching his enemies with tier 5 to 4 AP, doesn’t atomise/subatomize or even vapourize fodder enemies with pure AP alone. So prove such for Cole.

People really like to easily ignore how Alex (and the Supreme Hunter btw, who wanted to survive through using Alex biomass to regen afterward) was only capable to survive a nuke from far away due to convenently having biomass close to use to regenerate, and even then he still needed hours to regenerate. A single lightning from Cole would completely destroy Alex if it hit (spoiler: it will, due to big aoe and accuracy), and in the case of the lightning missing he could maybe survive if there are convenently close big amount of biomass, the later case would only let him survive the initial shot just to get instantly destroyed by a second attack.

Also like, you talk a lot about Sasha tar being far below Alex virus but you know that she have sub-atomic matter manipulation from that right? So like, it isn't even below his virus, and Cole not only was minorly affected by it but could easily heal it with electricity.

Alex gets stomped hard, as simple as that.

Busy Baldur Gate 3ing rn.

Anyway cause busy.

He used bio leech on enemies. Seems reasonable he'd do the same against organic matter that is more a 'thing' than human. Though I'm not really hard arguing for this one.

Cause I'm a lazy boi. I also want to go through the entire games again on a better time.

But yeah anyway back to BG3 byee
Okay. XD

Not sure Bio-Leech even works for something that is just a collection of viruses/virions, with even real life viruses not having any metabolic processes (so probably not even bio-electricity to possess), but I don't think that overcomes Regeneration unless we use Death Battle's logic of Bio-Leech nullifying Regeneration. XD

Cole isn't countering Alex's abilities too effectively to where its a stomp, for one heat aura is stupid because Alex's heat resistance let him take a nuclear bomb, and Cole has been slightly effected by a virus less potent than Alex's before, so the Blacklight virus would work here.

Both are in a very dangerous situation, it's just that the fight wouldn't be a very long one if we're being realistic, Cole is at risk of getting virused if he makes the wrong call on what to lead with, and Alex is at risk of getting nuked by High 7-A AP with an AOE to vaporize him to dust.

It's a basic hax vs AP mu pretty much

Also like, you talk a lot about Sasha tar being far below Alex virus but you know that she have sub-atomic matter manipulation from that right? So like, it isn't even below his virus, and Cole not only was minorly affected by it but could easily heal it with electricity.

Alex gets stomped hard, as simple as that.
The Supreme Hunter, which Mercer scales to, can regenerate from a puddle without needing to absorb nearby biomass, just for the record by the way.

I’m not even sure Sasha's tar actually even infects at that level, since she uses subatomic manipulation to create it and manipulate it rather than infecting stuff at that level.

But if Sasha's tar can infect at the subatomic level, then it becomes a stomp matchup, but in Cole's favour this time, since all Mercer has is touch Absorption now (which gets countered more easily than the gasses).

And stomp matchups don’t get added in either character's profiles, nor do the votes count.

Last edited:
Cole isn't countering Alex's abilities too effectively to where its a stomp, for one heat aura is stupid because Alex's heat resistance let him take a nuclear bomb, and Cole has been slightly effected by a virus less potent than Alex's before, so the Blacklight virus would work here.

Both are in a very dangerous situation, it's just that the fight wouldn't be a very long one if we're being realistic, Cole is at risk of getting virused if he makes the wrong call on what to lead with, and Alex is at risk of getting nuked by High 7-A AP with an AOE to vaporize him to dust.

It's a basic hax vs AP mu pretty much
All right.

But what about Sasha's tar now working at the subatomic level, including infection apparently, and Cole resisting that? And Cole resisting subatomic infection would allow him to resist Blacklight Virus infection?

With gasses being resisted, all Mercer has left is touch, but if Cole just nukes Mercer with SBA distance, Mercer wouldn’t even be able to use touch-based Absorption in the first place… So we came back to having a stomp match now, but this time in Cole's favour. ^_^;

Still not sure how Cole could completely overcome Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration though, so I’ll need better arguments than "via far higher pure AP alone with Macro-Quantum electricity that he doesn’t need explicit scans of disintegrating superhuman enemies with, lel”. But if Mid-High Regeneration can be circumvented, then it becomes a stomp guaranteed.

Last edited:
All right.

But what about Sasha's tar now working at the subatomic level, including infection apparently, and Cole resisting that? And Cole resisting subatomic infection would allow him to resist Blacklight Virus infection?

With gasses being resisted, all Mercer has left is touch, but if Cole just nukes Mercer with SBA distance, Mercer wouldn’t even be able to use touch-based Absorption in the first place… So we came back to having a stomp match now, but this time in Cole's favour. ^_^;

Still not sure how Cole could completely overcome Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration though, so I’ll need better arguments than "via far higher pure AP alone with Macro-Quantum electricity, lel”. But if Mid-High Regeneration can be circumvented, then it becomes a stomp guaranteed.
Cole doesn't have a resistance to disease manip, Sasha's tar is a poison, and the symptoms still staggered Cole for a long time even if it was a little splash, imagine that but being constantly breathed in by Cole. Probably could give Mercer enough time to get in close to yoink him.

Cole just has the AOE and AP to vaporize, it'd basically be a smaller localized version of the nuke he took thats millions of times stronger, it'd just destroy everything he's apart of

All right.

Still not sure how Cole could completely overcome Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration though, so I’ll need better arguments than "via far higher pure AP alone with Macro-Quantum electricity that he doesn’t need explicit scans of disintegrating superhuman enemies with, lel”. But if Mid-High Regeneration can be circumvented, then it becomes a stomp guaranteed.
Combine an AP gap and AoE that's enough to vaporize someone instantly with macro-quantum level accuracy and you get attacks that will bypass the regeneration. Simple as that really.

Cole doesn't have a resistance to disease manip, Sasha's tar is a poison, and the symptoms still staggered Cole for a long time even if it was a little splash, imagine that but being constantly breathed in by Cole. Probably could give Mercer enough time to get in close to yoink him.

Cole just has the AOE and AP to vaporize, it'd basically be a smaller localized version of the nuke he took thats millions of times stronger, it'd just destroy everything he's apart of
Cole actually does have that Resistance in his profile:

"
Deconstruction (Atomic), Disease Manipulation, Biological Manipulation and Radiation Manipulation (All Conduits are immune to the Ray Field Plague,[2] which is caused by the radiation created by Ray Sphere Energy,[2] resisted the center of a Ray Sphere Blast[1] which deconstructs people on the atomic level[2])"

Sasha's tar uses Ray-Field Plague as a medium of its infection.

And with Cole resisting her (apparently) subatomic level infection, the Blacklight Virus infection becomes much less irrelevant now.

Cole would need to do more than vapourise to get past Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration, as the CRT that added the level of regeneration uses Vapourisation as the basis.

But if Cole can atomise organic targets or nullify the regeneration of characters with higher regeneration than Cole, then it’s a guaranteed stomp in Cole's favour.

The Supreme Hunter, which Mercer scales to, can regenerate from a puddle without needing to absorb nearby biomass, just for the record by the way.

And stomp matchups don’t get added in either character's profiles, nor do the votes count.
Cool for him, if a lightning stronger than a nuke hit him directly not even a single drop of blood would be left so that's just useless in this situation, specially when he died from the effects of a nuke impact while being far away of the center (so not only the energy/ap of the nuke was significantly lower but the heat itself was also immensely reduced).

Most people here have argued from the very beginning to be a stomp in Cole favor, you are essentially the only one who dragged the discussion arguing that Alex hax stomp.
Combine an AP gap and AoE that's enough to vaporize someone instantly with macro-quantum level accuracy and you get attacks that will bypass the regeneration. Simple as that really.
To be honest, with the massive ap difference and the high heat it would be more turned to plasma than vaporization.

Provide explicit scans bro.

Saying “Cole nukes” doesn’t really prove anything of Cole bypassing Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration, which was added by a user using vapourisation as one of the logic for Mercer's regeneration.

Oh btw the Mid-High is over time and not really combat applicable since it takes hours. He'd be incapacitated.

Saying “Cole nukes” doesn’t really prove anything of Cole bypassing Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration, which was added by a user using vapourisation as one of the logic for Mercer's regeneration.
Alex regenerated after hours, thanks to convenently get biomass, after receive the effects of a nuke that impacted far away from him, he don't survive a hit from Cole's lightning, he just can't, there is no discussion to have there.

Cool for him, if a lightning stronger than a nuke hit him directly not even a single drop of blood would be left so that's just useless in this situation, specially when he died from the effects of a nuke impact while being far away of the center (so not only the energy/ap of the nuke was significantly lower but the heat itself was also immensely reduced).

Most people here have argued from the very beginning to be a stomp in Cole favor, you are essentially the only one who dragged the discussion arguing that Alex hax stomp.

To be honest, with the massive ap difference and the high heat it would be more turned to plasma than vaporization.
Mid-High regeneration says destroying Mercer so not even a drop of blood is left could still have Mercer come back.

I was arguing that this matchup will be a stomp either way, doesn’t matter for which character. If you say it was in Cole's favour, then it is still a stomp either way.

Oh btw the Mid-High is over time and not really combat applicable since it takes hours. He'd be incapacitated.
SBA says the incapacitation would need to be over 24 hours (or a day), and Mercer came back for less than that (and from scaling to Supreme Hunter, he would need only a unquantifiably longer time than a few hours, but likely less than a day since Supreme Hunter formed a hand from a puddle in only a few seconds)… So few hours is enough to come back before 24 hours.

If you disagree, then make a CRT to downgrade Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration.

Alex regenerated after hours, thanks to convenently get biomass, after receive the effects of a nuke that impacted far away from him, he don't survive a hit from Cole's lightning, he just can't, there is no discussion to have there.
SBA says the incapacitation would need to be over 24 hours (or a day), and Mercer came back for less than that (and from scaling to Supreme Hunter, he would need only a unquantifiably longer time than a few hours, but likely less than a day since Supreme Hunter formed a hand from a puddle in only a few seconds)… So few hours is enough to come back before 24 hours.

Cole actually does have that Resistance in his profile:

"
Deconstruction (Atomic), Disease Manipulation, Biological Manipulation and Radiation Manipulation (All Conduits are immune to the Ray Field Plague,[2] which is caused by the radiation created by Ray Sphere Energy,[2] resisted the center of a Ray Sphere Blast[1] which deconstructs people on the atomic level[2])"

Sasha's tar uses Ray-Field Plague as a medium of its infection.

And with Cole resisting her (apparently) subatomic level infection, the Blacklight Virus infection becomes much less irrelevant now.

Cole would need to do more than vapourise to get past Mercer's Mid-High Regeneration, as the CRT that added the level of regeneration uses Vapourisation as the basis.

But if Cole can atomise organic targets or nullify the regeneration of characters with higher regeneration than Cole, then it’s a guaranteed stomp in Cole's favour.
They're immune to one specific virus

They're immune to one specific virus
Which has better infection feats than the Blacklight Virus if we go by the points of the other users.

If you want to argue that Cole is susceptible to Blacklight Virus infection, then debate with Expectro about it, since he’s the one that suggested that Sasha's tar has subatomic level infection and that Cole resisted it.

You're acting like Cole can't just... not let him regenerate. Which would result in victory via incapacitation.

You're acting like Cole can't just... not let him regenerate.
If Cole does that, then it’s not passive incapacitation anymore. Incapacitation only counts as a win condition if it’s passive, and doesn’t require active effort from the opponent.

If the regenerating character comes back, then the incapacitation time "resets" (so if the incapacitation was a few hours but less than 24 hours, it gets set back to 0 again), so Cole would need to vapourise Mercer again, Mercer regenerates and resets the incapitation time, rinse and repeat until it gets nowhere.

If Cole does that, then it’s not passive incapacitation anymore. Incapacitation only counts if it’s passive, and doesn’t require active effort from the opponent.
Not true.

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

If Cole just stands there and keeps nuking him with AP, which he can do, then Alex has no way to harm him at all and thus would lose.

You don't get it at all, the only reason of why Alex could perform his Mid-High feat was because he wasn't at the epicenter of the nuke, in other words, he just "endured" far lower levels of energy and heat than what the nuke truly could do, and even if that favorable situation to him he still needed several hours to regenerate and to luckly get some biomass to absorb. So, with Cole's lightning, which is far superior to said nuke, hiting Alex means that he would be unable to do the same that he did that time.

But let's entertain the idea that Alex would indeed regenerate after hours from one of Cole's attacks, what would he do then? Because another fight would result in the same situation, or even worse since Cole's could eventually decide to turn him to energy and absorb him to permanently kill him, or absorb the electrons of him which would do the same as his biomass would be unable to function then, otherwise he could just decide to trap him in a place from which Alex could not escape, or could let him in a situation in which Alex don't get more biomass to absorb and regenerate. Cole can do so many things that just put Alex permanently down while Alex himself can't really do anything against him.

Not true.

Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions.

If Cole just stands there and keeps nuking him with AP, which he can do, then Alex has no way to harm him at all and thus would lose.
That requires the incapacitation to be passive though.

If Cole stands there and keeps nuking him, then it’s not passive incapacitation anymore, since it requires active effort, so that victory condition doesn’t count.

Back