• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

>Classes are discriminated in FE, How so?

1) Mobility plays a very important role in the game. Amored classes completely lack any of it while mounted classes not only have better mobility, but they can move after taking actions.

2) Mixed classes are usually underpowered because "jack of all trades, master of none", something close to what happens to Red mages.

3) Flying units, unless their stats are outrageously bad, dominate the field.

4) The monks are bad even if they are necessary. Monks are bad and get left behind when you can promote mages into sages. Their growth pace is the slowest of all classes and cant fight.

Shame it's lackluster in the game thought.

similar to AC Cloud, it's just a different skin and not a new character so he's moves-lists are exactly the same with nothing new.

Pachi: Ah, I see. Lack of balance and some classes being clearly better than others. I see what you mean, it happens a lot in games with jobs. It kinda reminds me what happens in Golden Sun, that game lacks a Magic Attack stat, so by the end game all mage classes and magic oriented characters are throughly outshined by physical attackers and psyenergy (the magic) is too weak to be of use compared to special physical attacks which is gauged by the ATK stat.

I'll see if I can get away with replacing Sephy's render in the profile =P Seriously, love how otherwordly it looks.

Zero: As sick as it would have been to have multi-wielding Cloud and divine powers Sephy, it would have been unfair to give two versions to the same character given how long it takes to add a new one to the roster and representation is very important in Dissidia.

ZERO7772 said:
Holee crap that was amazah! Thanks man!

Cloud is giant douchebag and I love it!

It's a pretty nice detail that it's pretty clear from the get go that there are gaps on his memory. Kinda like Barret asks something and Jenova Cells be like "Ah, crap, just a sec... um... wait... here... no... ah! There we go!"

Though have my reservations with Shinra being the ones who truly blew up the Sector 1 Reactor to frame AVALANCHE as now the consequences of the good guys' actions are being explored even more. But I'll wait to see more, perhaps Sector 5 is really blown up by AVALANCHE and creates a mess.

Cloud telling someone to get a mental help is morst ironic thing in this whole Demon lol.

There is so much foucs on Jessi in this Demon though.

ZERO7772 said:
Cloud telling someone to get a mental help is morst ironic thing in this whole Demon lol.
There is so much foucs on Jessi in this Demon though.
Irony of the century, lol. It's like when Sephiroth called Hojo a walking mass of complexes.

Bware: Dude looks like a sci-fi action hero, and it's awesome

I have, oh so close to the return. Wonder if they will still release the Demon after such a big leak

It was datamined all the way to hell and back >_>, they already found the entire soundtrack, the DLC, dialogue, all the bosses and stuff. Kazuhige Nojima was NOT happy about it. It wouldn't be a surprise if they cancelled the Demon release.

Please no spoilers here, BTW.

It would be a shame. Impatient people ruining it for the rest of us :/, I don't understand why these people have to do this. You've still have to wait like the rest of us, you ruin the element of surprise for yourself and get no award for already knowing.

Yeah they datamined the hell out of that Demon.

It's amazing cuz SE didn't even announce the actual thing yet.

Nowadays this sort of thing is almost normal with software. And FFVIIR being such a highly anticipated game would inevitably lead to it...

...Wow, yeah that planned release Demon to the public is definetly getting cancelled.

I╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠Ân╠Â'╠Ât╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âu╠Âr╠Âp╠Âr╠Âi╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Âf╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Ây╠Â'╠Âd╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠Âc╠Âe╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Âo╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Âd╠Âa╠Âm╠Ân╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âm╠Âa╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Â

Dude, This shit is hilarious.

They took the Demon cod, leaked it, datamined it, and made a F*CKING port of the game to other consoles now and SE didn't even announced the damn thing LMAO.

@TartaChocholate Apparently he's streaming his PS4 throughout the switch and using sync controllers + some mods to make it possbile.

Bware1 said:
...Wow, yeah that planned release Demon to the public is definetly getting cancelled.
I╠ ╠Âw╠Âo╠Âu╠Âl╠Âd╠Ân╠Â'╠Ât╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âu╠Âr╠Âp╠Âr╠Âi╠Âs╠Âe╠ ╠Âi╠Âf╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠Ây╠Â'╠Âd╠ ╠Âc╠Âa╠Ân╠Âc╠Âe╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âw╠Âh╠Âo╠Âl╠Âe╠ ╠Âd╠Âa╠Âm╠Ân╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âm╠Âa╠Âk╠Âe╠ ╠Âo╠Âu╠Ât╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âs╠Âp╠Âi╠Ât╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âi╠Âs╠ ╠Âp╠Âo╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Â
Kitase be like, from the depths of hell I spite on thee and cancels the remake to release a remake of Mystic Quest.

ZERO: Truth to be told I am all in for modders and see what kinds of crazy stuff they can put together (not to mention how game patches can lead to truly awesome games). But... uh... dunno how to feel when the friggin thing hasn't even hit shelves.

Serves them right for making an exclusive contract with Sony for a year and robbing us of the experience tbh ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»

Honestly, I hate this "exclusives" bullshit. I feel sad that I never got to play God of war and Marvel spider-man, but I understand that Sony owns those IPs and has every right to keep them exclusives to their own console.

But a third party exclusive game? Especially this big? Can't say I feel bad for them.

@TartaChocholate Nah I play on PC. The leakers already confirmed that there is data for a PC release down the line but the fact that we have to wait a whole year in frustrating.

Ah, right how could I forget PC >_>;

I see what you mean when it comes to exclusives. Sadly this is still treated as a business and the companies call the shots. I know it's not the same, but it kinda reminds me of how many people were upset that Astral Chain was a Switch Exclusive despite being made by Platinum, and Kamiya had to clarify they had no control on the matter, as Nintendo was publishing they had they rights and everything. Crappy on Sony's part yes, but dunno how much is Squeenix to blame

Well with small company like Platinum it's most likely Nintendo who did most of the founding and marketing for the game so of course they own the IP.

SE has all the resources to develop and promote the game but they still took exclusive contract from sony despite them knowing it will prevent likely half of the gaming industry from enjoying the game.

I honstely can't hate Sony for this move cuz it's business I know, Square Enix on the other hand though....

Hmm... yeah, I see what you mean. I know this is a rather silly question, but wouldn't releasing the game on several platforms tranlsate into better sales overall?

That what I have been saying tbh.

How much money could have Sony gave them that could cover for the sales they could have to get from PC and Xbox release? I am pretty sure they would have sold 1-2 million copies from both platforms AT THE MINIMUM which would translate to over 100 million dollars if you apply the full price of the game upon release.

But no, they take Sony's money, give them exclusivity for a full year, because hey, the PC and Xbox fans will buy the game one year later anyway so why no take those few cents Sony threw at us right? FFVII would have been a massive success without Sony's deal, but of course, SE want every Gill they can possibly lend their hand on.

Sony are assholes tbh. They even takes exclusivity for visual novels games these days which is absolute nonsense.

Back