• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

So... Any of you has a favourite recurring enemy in the series? Mine is the tonberry. Those little bastards and their knives are so threatening I usually flee from them unless Im overleveled. They also are ridiculously OP in FF tactics (the f*ck is that 999 dmg with 100% Acc).

Next on the ist would likely be the Behemoth or Bahamut.

Hmm... Toneberries for me as well, I find the little bastards absolutely adorable (I mean, come on, look at his Crisis Core summon sequence), despite how lethal they are. Honorable mentions to Cactuars and Chocobos.

I am kind of fond of Ultima Weapons (the mechanical looking ones at least look pretty sick). If we count Summons I kind of like Alexander a lot, same for Shiva (always had a soft spot for Ice Manipulators)

Cactuars. I hate the giant cactuar in FF VI, I first encountered it and he wiped my team with that crazy 10k needles.

Lol I remember that, happened to me as well. Toneberries are also pretty lethal, their I recall their Karma ability doing seemingly random damage and one-shoting my characters was a huge "what the hell" back when I was a kid.

On a side note The Terraflare of Bahamut works like a death star as in, he was going to absorb the planet's darkn energy and blow up Eos (Eos is the name of the planet not continent) , also he's the source of all magic in the universe of FFXV meaning that Bahamut basically created everything in the FFXV universe 'he's at least planet level.

since even the Astral know nothing about him and also Bahamut has complet control over The Void and the void as been hinted to be the same as other installments, (take it like a grain of salt) also let's not forget noctis going up against Garuda so that might make him planet lvl since the entire planet of Eos (and the universe itself) is pumped to the brim with Bahamuts magical energy.

These ******* in FFXV...... Jesus ******* christ was it hell they looked like bloody sith lords too!!!

But it was cool as hell. Za lazer zword.

It was really cool... And terrifying.

"Maybe they want to have a cooking battle-URGH" - ignis Scianta last words before succumbing to the dark side.

These ******* in FFXV...... Jesus ******* christ was it hell they looked like bloody sith lords too!!!

Bro I'm literally like level 70 or 80 getting my health cut down like jelly ƒÆǃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å

Didn't have enough potions for that

Anyways guys, Noctis was teleported to the FFXIV universe since at the end of the Garuda fight after helping Y'jhimei he was reverse teleported.

He says it might have been a dream but Y'jhimei and FFXV comfirms that noct was actually brought to the universe of FFXIV.

he should be comparable in speed and strenght to the end game warrior of light (they have a special move where they go all out and Noctis infuse WoL with the power of the kings)

Not only that the people of Solheim created cross dimension/universal teleporters and left them in several other Universes Like the universe of FFXIV when Y'jhimei found one in some ruins after trying to escape the lizard folks.

So yeah Noctis should have a special key that scales him to warrior of light or something like that.

And yes all of this is Canon no matter how ridiculous it is since they literally introduced the concepts of messangers other Universes, expanded on Solheim and it was implemented in the Dawn of the future Novel which is also Canon.

Dunno, if it is canon then it can be explained that Noct achieved the power of the XIV WoL via this ot that power up, kinda like when heroes get empowered by crystals and such

They turned the Honey Bee Inn into Moulin Rogue! That's amazing...! Lol, Cloudia even walks in the same awkard way he did in the original game. Saw the japanese version and I am 80% sure Cloud's new stylist is voiced by Tomokazu Sugita (and lol when Roche lets out the Engrish you can feel his inner All Might)

The Shinra Staff is looking sick, the new styles give them a more serious vibe but still keep the goofier "harhar! We're eeeviiiil!" side to them

Jenova looks straight out from a Resident Evil, as it should be!

Leviathan is in Midgar? So uh... what are the ninja's in Wutai worshipping now?

Mah boi Nanaki finally appeared, he looks so solemn, wise and petable! and his eerie yet intriguing first scene is cut by Cloud screaming like a psychopath, as it should be!

At first I was a bit confused as why they are giving away so much info on previous things that were twists, but I am guessing they can be hiding new ones.

I feel like FFV deserves a remake on the level of FFVII, (I like FF7 but it's kind of overrated and other FF games deserves more love, instead of getting shafted by 7 and I am happy for the remake of 7 but you can't keep milking it)and come on.

who doesn't want to see Exdeath again but now from is own game, and show all the casuals will know why HE is the strongest FF villain of all.

He was so dope in the event of FFXIV, especially that transition to Neo Exdeath. But seeing him in 4k HD would be freaking glorious especially since the voice actor from Dissidia NT was really good at voicing Him.

Also they could add more to the original script and make him even more imposing just like how Thanos pulled up in infinity war.

I just remembered but don't the crystals in V already have a universal statement since it was said the crystals created the world of V

@Ashen: Dunno if I'd want a remake in the same style for V. I mean, I don't think a hyper detailed setting would compliment V's more lighthearted and magical story well. IMHO, something more stylized like the style of Bravely Default with it's fairy tale book atmosphere or perhaps Breath of the Wild would be better fitting.

I love how ExDeath's VA is so deliciously over the top and EEEEEVIIIIL in all his lines, it truly gave him so much life and make all his scenes an absolute blast to watch.

If you want me to be honest, the more I look into it the more it becomes obvious that the Compilation of VII was less love for the original game and trying to expand on it, and more Squeenix exploiting a safe bet to get bucks when things started to go downhill in the 2000s due to issues in the company. I went through the entire thing and none of the entries really try to rescue anything from the original, rather try to use the popular and flashy elements as a stepping stone to pull out a half-hearted story without building anything, just slapping whatever idea the devs thought it was cool at the moment. The only one that escaped to an extent from this was Crisis Core.

Some wonder why other games didn't get said attention. Well, it wasn't really a matter of being good, it was a matter of $$. It wasn't really worth it, leaving the original alone allows it to be fondly remembered for what it was, not be the target of vile for something it's spinoffs made.

And yeah, I do think it sucks that unlike how we got III and IV on the DS, we didn't get V and VI on the 3DS.

Back