• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Welcome back to the final fantasy discussion thread!

FF IV is very, very good. If you haven't played it yet, I recommend it. Try the PSP edition as it contains the sequels. The After Years has some very interesting dialogues between Golbez and the Archfiends.

Having said that, let's go to the Moon!

This is not Majora's Mask

Their battle theme is awesome.

EdgeRubicante

Cecil gotta be one of my favorite FF characters. When you think about it, many elements in the story that would become iconic later on regarding the characters and more dramatic style began or fully took shape here.

The 3DS remake is also pretty darn good.

Is FFX any good? I played first 2 hours of the game but I feel like it's too outdated for my taste at times.

Tidus as the MC is meh...

Tidus is unironically one of the best protags in the series, his development is ******* phenomenal

And FFX has a really good battle system, my only real complaint is that you cant skip the cutscenes, but why would you even do that on your first run

Oh frig yeas, by all means give it a shot, X is an absolutely fantastic game. The beginning is rather slow, but it will take momentum and won't look back. As Zephyros said, Tidus has an incredible development, especially by the latter half, just don't expect him to grow into this ultra badass action hero, that's what Auron's for =P

I actually have weird taste at times, many loves to hate on FFXIII but it was pretty great in my opinion 0v0

I am afraid I won't like FFX cuz it's main stream lel.

Can't speak that much for XIII, given I could only play a part of it and then my PS3 broke down. But I enjoyed it as well. Though I can understand some of the criticism and had some issues of my own with it, but those could be well fixed later on.

Say, one speculation I've seen around a bit regarding VII Remake is that after the Ultima Weapon, you can do a side quest to boost the Buster Sword and turn it into Cloud's ultimate weapon. A favorite seems to be that after he rediscovers his identity he remembers the true meaning of holding to Zack's weapon and this motivates him to have it as his main weapon again, similarly how in Chrono Trigger you had a sidequest for Frog to allow him to come to terms with Cyrus and his past and unlock the true power of the Masamune.

I personally have a cheesier idea, the Buster Sword could get damaged or broken at some point and after Cloud rediscovers his identity he can get it repaired, but giving it a new spin and use the Buster Sword as a basis to create the Fusion Swords. This way he embraces Zack's legacy but still takes off on his own path without abandoning the promise he made, nor the memory of his friend, but without forgetting his own identity nor trampling over Zack's.

I really prefer Fusion Sword both design and versatility wise, just imagine the combos you could pull using SIX SWORDS at the same time! the game will go full DEVIL MAY CRY with crazy weapons and combos.

I wish they add it in the remake. Considering the game is hack and slash action now they must put a lot of focus on the gameplay and polish the combat as much as possibile.

There is really so much you can do with "really" big sword moves wise.

Also, the buster sword was fine with Zack but it REALLY stands out with Cloud due to Cloud being more on the short side lol.

Only Chad Alpha guy like Zack is allowed to carry a 5 foot big sword ╩ò•ß┤Ñ•╩ö

So someone told me this on discord and after checking its actual legit.

"The main protagonist, Wol, has "Legendary Job Classes" that gives him access to the powers of various previous FF characters. These include the Warrior of Light, Luneth, Kefka, Cloud, Reno, Vincent, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Auron, Gabranth, Snow, Sazh, Hope, Noel, XIII-2 Lightning and the Eorzean Warrior of Light from XIV. He also has "Ultimate Hero Job Classes", which lets him straight up transform into previous FF characters, such as Lightning, Cloud, Sephiroth, Y'shtola, Tidus, Yuna, Tifa, Gilgamesh and Squall. "

" I'm also pretty sure the main villain has law hax and EE.He set up a law in the world that if you stopped having a purpose he gave to you you'd spontaneously cease to exist. A guy who was meant to perpetuate a prophecy stopped existing when the prophecy became impossible."

These are all supported by in game showing,feats and lore.

AshenCrow777 said:
So someone told me this on discord and after checking its actual legit.
"The main protagonist, Wol, has "Legendary Job Classes" that gives him access to the powers of various previous FF characters. These include the Warrior of Light, Luneth, Kefka, Cloud, Reno, Vincent, Sephiroth, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Auron, Gabranth, Snow, Sazh, Hope, Noel, XIII-2 Lightning and the Eorzean Warrior of Light from XIV. He also has "Ultimate Hero Job Classes", which lets him straight up transform into previous FF characters, such as Lightning, Cloud, Sephiroth, Y'shtola, Tidus, Yuna, Tifa, Gilgamesh and Squall. "

" I'm also pretty sure the main villain has law hax and EE.He set up a law in the world that if you stopped having a purpose he gave to you you'd spontaneously cease to exist. A guy who was meant to perpetuate a prophecy stopped existing when the prophecy became impossible."

These are all supported by in game showing,feats and lore.
the main protagonist of who??

My bad it's from Mobius final fantasy the main character "Wol" aka warrior of light that came from an other universe with other of his kind (heavily implied to be Ffxiv) he as the ability of every single FF protagonist of the main series and also the villains too and stated that he can switch through their power like job classes.

The Last of us 2 was delayed 3 months late. This is good for FFVII Remake because not many big titles are close to it time of release.

@ZERO: This is the golden chance (well the later entries in the remake) to go crazy with the Fusion Swords and give Cloud a moveset based around messing around with the different blades. In Dissidia it wasn't possible as it would have needed to make Fusion Sword Cloud a different character altogether.

Amusingly Cloud is 1cm shorter than Tidus. I haven't been able to confirm it, but I've read around that Cloud's design was supposed to look over the top and rather ridiculous to emphazise his aggrandized image of his fake persona, in contrast to Guts who has the proper build and intimidating look to go with the Dragonslayer. Though this would have been phased out to make Cloud look properly stylish with the Buster Sword, but opting for more dynamic poses.

Zack is so Chad he was nicknamed puppy and got away with it =P

I think it's a good thing Last of Us 2 was delayed. Dunno the reasons, but given how huge both games are, now they won't be stepping on each other's toes.

Still basking in the glory of FFXV as one of the best games ever created. I feel transcended being a player ƒñ®

AstralKing7 said:
Still basking in the glory of FFXV as one of the best games ever created. I feel transcended being a player ƒñ®
Your standards must be pretty low

Crystal > Diamond > Platinum > Gold > Silver > Bronze.

So... 4th tier.

Could be worse.

Edit: Actually, let me add moar metals:

Onion (rofl) > Adamantine > Crystal > Diamond > Platinum > Gold

Hmmmm.

Mythril is not always > Gold.

And Genji amd Adamant swap places in some instances iirc.

AstralKing7 said:
I have nothing to say
We are just messing with you, my man

the point is FF15 is one of the worst final fantasies IMO, which sucks because i do legitimately think it has some of the best characters

Noctis and his crew are ******' great and it's one of the reasons i loved the brotherhood anime

it's just that the game sucks

Oh, well, XV has a place in my heart because of that ending. But the game felt very lacking.

Honestly it not so much XV's fault as that it was victim of hellish production and how Squeenix needed a lifeboat and had to resort to rushing Noct's aid. From what I know, there were financial issues that were coming from decreasing sales from the Lightning Saga and the early versions of XIV before A Realm Reborn. In the end Tabata had to step in as director and play the villain by chopping stuff around to actually get the game done at all by that point. XV couldn't grasp its true potential due to all that. I've also heard many of its themes such as the worship of death had to be removed to make it more marketable and ensure good sales to stay afloat.

Why are you bringing Cloud being shorter than Tidus? Tidus is just a 17 years old kid so it's likely he will be as tall as his father when he grows up lol.

Cloud is one of the shortest FF main characters I think. Only girls like Lightning and Terra are shorter than him.

Mostly because Tidus, precisely because he is still young, usually is shown to be shorter than his male peers to emphazise his inexperience. Even in Dissidia, Cloud is visibly taller than Tidus despite Cloud being a shorty =P

Cloud is only taller than the girls like Lightining and Terra

Cloud is way more of a action than Tidus is however.

ZERO7772 said:
Why are you bringing Cloud being shorter than Tidus? Tidus is just a 17 years old kid so it's likely he will be as tall as his father when he grows up lol.

Cloud is one of the shortest FF main characters I think. Only girls like Lightning and Terra are shorter than him.
The FFIII cast would like to differ.

Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus may have left the chat, but they will always be a memory we will cherish.

This is me trying to reference FFVII:AC.

They... will never be a memory.

Luneth and Arc seem rather short, but they are young (and even then they are not shorties like the Onion Knight Amano Edition). Ingus on the other hand seems rather tall.

Back