• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy discussion thread II: Fighting the Empire

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I'm neutral regarding the image replacements, but would like to know what other staff members think.
https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3115119#228 I forgot to send this to you a while ago but I asked a few other mods about the replacements and got approval, though I wasn't aware that the board was only for locked profiles. Plus three others on this message thread approved of the replacements as well.

No full body renders for the villians just yet sadly, but they will get them soon. For now they only have headshots. Here is what Roth's looks like as a preview of what's to come.
DFFNT_Sephiroth_PSN_Render_Icon.png

I think Dissidia could make a good placeholder before the Remake. And if Remake characters get new profiles we'll inevitably use different renders.

Yeah, the remakes might have a completely different story with different feats, the characters should probably get different profiles.

So, Mr. Bambu recalced the Supernova based on the Ultimania Omega translation. In theory, from what I get (sorry, I am completely ignorant when it comes to numbers), the output jumps from 3 MegaFoe to 178 MegaFoe. Not quite as drastic as I expected (given the massive distance between Jupiter and Pluto), but still a good upgrade if this can be applied in the future.

Though he did admit he wasn't sure how to proceed surely with the calc given the original one used the animation, and all that, so perhaps other users can give more input regarding it, leading to further changes, so we still have to see.

Since we are reaching the 350 mark I will proceed to create a new thread.

All right. Looking forward to it.

@Medeus: While I was expecting a higher result, tbh, I was scared that due to some weird mathematic shaeningans the cast would jump all the way to 4-A (I know it's several magnitudes away, but I didn't know better on the calc) and become the whipping boys of all the Starry Dimension guys of 4-A >_>;

Having a blast radius twice as great inherently makes the feat 8 times stronger; I too was expecting a higher result, but I was expecting something in the Gigafoe range. Which would not quite be 4-A, but even greater into 4-B.

Perhaps more input of other users that known about calc'ing can shed some light into it. From what Bambu told me, the original calc wasn't quite a simple straightforward explosion, so he wasn't sure how to tackle the revision of the calc at least initially.

Back