• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Hmm... thought as much, despite the initial stance of not including the Compilation things were slowly shifting as time passed. Not too thrilled of having Deepground and much less Genesis back, but Cissnei may be there and the Turks may get proper development.

Now, if we take a positive mindset, this is actually a chance to mesh thing together properly instead of clogging awkwardly one plot on another like tumors, and all but confirms Zack's screentime will be increased at least on later entries.

EDIT: Now, Kitase talks mostly about lore, which is stuff that already was in the original but was explored a bit more in other entries such as SOLDIER, the Wutai War, the Turks and such. So we have to wait and see.

And keep Evan the frig away from everything beyond his book

Low-key wanna see Cloud vs Zack, We never got that.

Since Reno and (likely) SOLIDER-KUN will be solo boss battles, we may throw Zack in there as well. Hell, let us run through the entier ******* roasterd of Shinra Army Lol

Pull a Klaus and have a Masked Zack run around smacking everyone? Lol

It could work, but a proper rematch is something that would work much later as they can't fully reveal Zack until Cloud's identity is fully pieced.

>rematch

They fought before? And yeah, sadly it won't happen until the end of the story if it even happen.

"Proper fight", my bad. Got it mixed up.

I still think the ideal scenario, for me at least, is Zack seeing for himself how much Cloud has grown since he gave him the Buster Sword and testing that out with his own hands.

Yeah, it was agreed that they can have abilities they display in Dissidia unless they contradict their canon in one way or another (for example, Kefka attaining his god form without the Warring Triad or Jech becoming the Final Aeon while keeping his self and not being part of Sin), but stuff like Cecil rotating between Dark Knight and Paladin, Bartz mimicking attacks, Tifa using a feint and acrobacy heavy fighting style can go.

Characters don't scale to each other though. Maybe later a Dissidia Key can be discussed.

Pretty much, there's also Souls, elemental beings made of fire or wind, light creatures, etc.

Not to mention, in some entries Summons are beings made of energy like GFs in VIII. It's a matter of updating some stuff.

Possibly so, I can't really say myself due to a lack with in-depth knowledge in titles that involve the Void, but it's not unlikely.

Asked properly about it, the Voids from the different installments are separate stuff. I had mixed up the the Void with the Interdimensional Rift. Apologies for the screw up >_>;

TartaChocholate said:
Asked properly about it, the Voids from the different installments are separate stuff. I had mixed up the the Void with the Interdimensional Rift. Apologies for the screw up >_>;
You have been downgraded from sage to black mage as punishment.

@Zephyros: Dayum, the Shinryu is coming. He needed quite a bit of rework actually

You mentioned that IV is underhaxed (not a real word but I think I make the point), but I think I can help out with that. At least in the future. I am in the final leg of VII and plan to move to IV once done, so maybe I can help in that regard.

TartaChocholate said:
@Zephyros: Dayum, the Shinryu is coming. He needed quite a bit of rework actually
You mentioned that IV is underhaxed (not a real word but I think I make the point), but I think I can help out with that. At least in the future. I am in the final leg of VII and plan to move to IV once done, so maybe I can help in that regard.
Please do. I don't think you'll find much, though. I've played it a few times and don't remember anything noteworthy.

TartaChocholate said:
@PaChi2: Awww... bummer...
Not gonna lie, tho, the classical black mage's design (aka Vivi) is my favourite in FF.

Aerith be like "where's the airship?"

Aerith Highwind
So, just to bring something up: still working on Before Crisis and Crisis Core profiles, but after decided to go all the way and are making profiles for all the Summons, some bosses and Shinra Bureucrats (well, just Rufus and Palmer... which is perhaps the most ridiculuous thing I've typed in a blog) as well, trying to get early game keys for the party from stuff I've found, just for completion's sake. Also will be getting the Ultimania Archives shortly so that could be of help for all the FFs, as well as got my hands in the FFVII Ultimania Omega and 10th Anniverssary Ultimania, but in japanese so a lot of translation will be needed.
After that's done, will move on to FFIV to work on that verse. Now if someone else is doing stuff in it I'll be happy to share my findings and discuss what I get and my two cents. I am looking into the final stage of the After Years to understand a bit more regarding Zephyros' CRT for their tier.

War of the Visions is looking pretty awesome.

Probably the rollercoaster since XII, culminating with the many troubles XV had in its production has been enough of a experience for this time. Personally I am glad they are keeping the pace as one long continous project. And given their lack of restraint I don't trust them to not go with FFVII Remake episode 1.5 Under the Pizza Dancing Spinoff starring Barret like games, Novels starring Aerith's gardening lessons, a movie about Tifa's cooking in Seventh Heaven and musical about Cloud's coma if they take a break from Chapter Midgar

I'd say yes too. We have no indictation Cloud is skilled in unarmed combat, he must have some basic hand to hand training like all Shinra Infantrymen do, but aside that he's entirely a swordsman, unlike Zack who was seen taking on other enemies bare handed. He'd probably be able to avoid and keep his distance from Tifa, but he'd be left with no offensive options and Tifa would be able to easily bust through if she gets close with technique alone. Their stat gap isn't large enough for Cloud to no sell Tifa's attacks or blitz her, even if he's stronger in that regard.

If you think about it, the only place where Cloud has used a physical attack that isn't a sword slash is in Smash Bros.

I mean, it's not like Cloud had any sword training either. I would say he's too durable and fast for Tifa to do any damage. It could go like Tifa vs Loz again.

Buuuut, b!tch can fight Angel Sephy in the game but was total scrub against Loz so could go either way.

However, it's been acknowledged he had a natural talent for swordsmanship and the Jenova Cells stealing Zack's persona and memories made Cloud essentially emulate Zack's swordsmanship, which is what he focused on during from that point on.

Amusingly enough, the biggest amount of training Cloud has is with firearms.

>Amusingly enough, the biggest amount of training Cloud has is with firearms.

This is actually pretty true LMAO. Never thought of that.

Hmm... you have a point. Looking at the fight again, Loz gets hit quite a lot before getting serious and is no worse for wear. Which raises the question if Tifa would actually affect Cloud who could essentially withstand his own Omnislash.

You know the drill... they became weaker after two years, yadda yadda. To be honest, the more I look at it, the more it seems you were right on what you said regarding Tifa's words were about motivation and determination, the original japanese seems to aim for that, and turns out Sephy may have just really become that strong after spreading Geostigma and resurrecting and his Remnants are that tough, essentially worfing the old cast.

So I guess...

FFVII Tifa vs FFVII Cloud: Tifa handily wins due to better speed, comparable attack and much superior skill in hand to hand combat, as Cloud can't really take advantage of Tifa's low defenses due to his lack of unarmed combat abilities.

AC Tifa vs AC Cloud: Likely a stalemate, Tifa is much superior in technique but Cloud has become so strong she can't hurt him anymore and possibly can't catch up with him either, however Cloud still lacks the skill to capitalize on his raw capabilities and Tifa can avoid a less skilled fighter's moves (unlike Cloud, Loz is a full fledged martial artist that ocasinally assists himself with the Dual Hound)

Back