• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Didn't know about that specific part >_> to be fair, ever since the Demon was datamined I've completely avoided FF content outside Nightsky Prince and Maximillian Dood and these forums to avoid spoilers

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they were thinking "Why do you want new promotional material? you already dug everything yourselves >=V *Keeps drinking*"

Who cares. People will buy it regardless. Its Final F**king Fantasy VII. Out of all the games in the franchise, its the one with the most hype behind.

It's not sells what I am worried about, it's how this sort of thing can sour relationships between developers and players in the future and how, given how much of a no-no spoilers are in Japan, they could start making poor decisions to prevent leaks in the future (Capcom adding a rootkit in the PC version to prevent recording in SFV comes to mind), hurt what was a steady comeback for Squeenix after many years of missteps and troubled productions in a turnaround for the Remake campaign which had turned into a very cynical deal for many.

Not to mention how crappy it must be for the team to find out the whole product experience came out in a leak rather the game proper and how awkward is to avoid all sort of FF content to prevent Youtube recommendations from tossing vids with a thumbnail saying "X is the final boss of the Remake! Massive spoilers OMGWTFWAFFLE" =V

PaChi2 said:
Who cares. People will buy it regardless. Its Final F**king Fantasy VII. Out of all the games in the franchise, its the one with the most hype behind.
I mean yeah, can't argut with that.

Still dirty move by SE nonetheless

Bware1 said:
Question has anyone Pre-Ordered Re-Mind Digitally?
I have, the extra PS4 background included from it is quite nice.

I still fear a bit the big CRT that will happen from it, I and others already have plans for yet another wide KH CRT, but Remind also compromises a good chunk of the current scaling, alongside obvious power additions.

Genericstickman said:
I just hope Remind has a Gilgamesh that's implied to be the original so we get the excuse to give him resistances to good hax
I mean, it does a cameo in Toy Box IIRC

And WoG basically states already that KH and FF are separate to each other (if that wasn't already clear), so at best it would be its own thing *cough* Aerith *cough*

Bobsican said:
Bware1 said:
Question has anyone Pre-Ordered Re-Mind Digitally?
I have, the extra PS4 background included from it is quite nice.
I still fear a bit the big CRT that will happen from it, I and others already have plans for yet another wide KH CRT, but Remind also compromises a good chunk of the current scaling, alongside obvious power additions.
It looks promising from the looks of it, would that wide KH CRT include an upgrade? I was reading some of the threads and found talks of 2-C being a thing when talking about the Datascape. Is that possible?

So far, beyond the Coded stuff that would lead to an upgrade (And no one has given input to...), the CRT has in mind hax additions/upgrades (Setting concept hax from the top tiers as not just limited to No Name users and Heartless, Law-based Power Null from the Cards...) and some other minor things like Maleficent getting Mid-Godly regen. Obvious scaling from the current known stuff in Remind does include even more stuff scaling to 3-A, however (Namely the other Organization XIII members that didn't actually do anything like Demyx)

Overall, there's not much to add beyond what Remind will add, but the topics sure are controversial, especially considering that if they all get accepted Sora would be able to Power Null with random attacks even simple punches, now with Law-based effect to avoid NLF arguments, for example.

Lol, Sora is getting so broken. I know it's not necessarily a good thing, but I can't help but love it.

Though I have to agree with Zephyros, as interesting as things are looking, we should discuss the new revisoions for KH and the new elements of Remind in the respective threads.

Bobsican said:
Eh, KH Discussion threads tend to die quickly, there's not much to discuss beyond CRTs.
Cuz you let them die.

If people love a franchise there is always something to talk about.

And FFVII Remake got delayed to April 10.

Honestly, I am surprised it took them that long. They were not even promoting the game anymore.

KH is a somewhat dead verse on the wiki overall, however, so yeah, there's not many users to discuss that series.

Which is also why they only became a meme recently with the "KH Fodder solos the HST" and the "Sora swings" memes, but outside of that...

PaChi's got a point though, FF doesn't get much discussion or activity overall here. At least you get some memes, I don't think we have much in that regard either >_>

@Zero: Well, Kitase mentioned it was to polish things. We don't have much context yet, but all in all it could be true and they are refining the last bits and making sure there are no breaking bugs or anything (though many online are rioting like is to be expected). I am taking my prior stance and being carefully optimistic about it. Hmm... RE3R is coming that month as well right? Busy, busy. (At least I have more time to finish the FFIV revisions)

@Zephyros: Eh? That's... weird. I mean, vids don't get that many votes in general unless they rack up many views to begin with, and it's usually more neutral.

FF is niche and likely would be as dead were it not for Cloud's page being featured.

Still more alive than Doraemon, however.

Doraemon is like, DontTalk's made verses levels of dead on the site, even less "iconic" series hold far more supporters.

To be fair el Gato Cósmico is pretty niche on the west, despite his Sacred Cow status in Asia. And doing proper revision of it would be one of most massive archive nightmares on a fictional work you could face.

Back