• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Discussion thread IV: Elemental Fiends, assemble!!

Oh yeah, I should note that there's WAY more than just dissidia when it comes to characters being comparable to eachother.

-All the Bravest

-Record Keeper

-Brave Exvius

-Opera Omnia

-World of Final Fantasy

Kirito would just add her to his harem and that would be the end of it >_>;

World of Final Fantasy and Opera Omnia are certainly worth a look, though sadly Opera Omnia is not available where I live. Can't speak for Record Keeper, Brave Exvius or All the Bravest as I really don't know how they deal with the characters. As GenericStickman mentioned, Dimensions is worth considering as well, isn't it?

the first Dimensions is an original story without existing characters in it. Can't speak on dimensions II.

Brave Exvius states that it's summoning characters from other worlds, as with Record Keeper. ALl the Bravest doesn't have an explanation besides "**** you, give us money".

Ah, right I remember that one >_>. Everyone pretty much mocked All the Bravest very basic concept.

Sooo... found this in the Ultimania Archives

Super Kefka
I don't think it's enough by itself, but I think there was another similar statement.

Funnily enough All the Bravest has a straight forward 2-A feat since the characters are able to beat Neo Exdeath who (for some reason) is the final boss of it

yeah, beating Neo Exdeath is kind of ridiculously consistent, to the point where saying it's PIS is kind of ridiculous when Bartz not only did it in his own game AND beat superior foes like Shinryu and Enuo, but matched people who could do the same in other games and even did it himself.

Cloud's new VA sounds a bit forced and trying too hard to be cool.

HE'S PERFECT!

So glad we got smug-ass-Longinus-stuck-in-the-rear-I-R-cooler-than-thou-TRY-hard-poser-wannabe-jerkface-Cloud in full force for this game.

Replaying Crisis Core once again. First time I played I mostly ignored the side missions, but now since I am playing in hard I had to do them, but after getting good Materia and stuff I've found them strangely addicting and have spent most of my time on them trying to get good gear. Never go full Yuffie, I guess.

@Zero:

That would make a good "I'm not impressed" reaction meme, lol.

Tifa's second pic looks like she's modelling XD, she's gorgeous and she knows it.

Roche >This 3-C SOLDIER turned rebel is also known as Speed Demon.

>He loves bikes, speed and anyone who can give him a challenge. His comrades, however, find him annoying - he constantly squeals his rear tire and makes them choke on fumes of burnt rubber.

RIP Kunsel and first class hype.

Aha! Sweet! Thanks for the info as always! Awww... well, to be fair we didn't have any evidence for Mullet Man being Kunsel aside wishful thinking.

So he's a 3rd Class? That may not be such a bad thing. Give the (literally) astronomical gap between SOLDIER ranks, a 1st Class would have been waaaaay too much for the party right off the bat. Not to mention, a high level 3rd Class is still above the level of the party at the very beginning.

Dunno, but... Riche's overall demeanor and much more cocky and in-your-face attitude kind gives a good contrast to Cloud's I-am-so-cool-and-stoic variant of trying to be badass. Kinda gives me vibes of Riche being the Seifer to Cloud's Squall.

EDIT: Heyo, Roche is voiced by Kenta Miyake aka All Might and Abdul.

Links in english:

https://gematsu.com/2019/12/final-f...-shiva-summon-more-tifa-and-sephiroth-visuals

https://twinfinite.net/2019/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-screenshots-art-2/

How bad would Cloud look if he can't one shot Roche tbh? THE First Class soldier Cloud can't deal with a 3rd Class.

Maybe they pull a twist and says Roche is 1st class level but cuz he never follow and listen to orders he's stuck at 3rd class. I am pretty sure he will be a solo boss for Cloud, Ttat's 3 solo bosses for Cloud if we count Reno and Rufus.

Kenta Miyake? Damn, no wonder he gives such manly vibes.

@Zero:

And Riche be like "My grandma has stronger Limit Breaks than that"

That could be possible. In Crisis Core professional behaviour and efficiency are also requirements to being promoted, as Angeal, Kunsel and a Nameless 2nd Class mention (the last one to a junior 3rd Class). Strength is essential, but if you can't behave properly you won't get promoted and could even get kicked out (unless you have confidential info, in which you're disposed of). Only 1st Class SOLDIER can get away with stuff like turning down orders and that's because they've already proven to be way too efficient for the comapny to lose them. So Riche having the strength above a 3rd but being stuck as one due to his habits is possible.

Apparently the fight in the Church will be a 1 on 1 between Cloud and Reno, though I get the feeling Aerith will interrupt it after a few moments to avoid both of them destroying the place, like in the original she prevented the fight so they didn't harm the flowers. Against Rude Aerith is also fighting (remember Rude threw Cloud Lucha Libre style at her), and the battle of the top of the Pillar will likely begin as another duel between Cloud and Reno, but eventually Barret and Tifa will join and after a brief scuffle will force Reno to flee like in the original.

Meanwhile I will ask which FF you would love to see a remaster/remake of. I mean a full ps5 levels of remake.

VI would be the obvious choice, given... well, it's friggin FFVI in all its spectacularity. But I quite frankly think that VIII would benefit a lot from a Remake that could polish the flaws that hindered the many good ideas it brought to the table.

While I'd love a Remake of V, dunno, but given the atmosphere of the game, I don't think the ultra-detailed and realistic style (goofy elements aside) of VII Remake would mesh that well. I think a more stylized direction and brighter setting would do wonders.

@Zero: Had forgotten that Kunsel sends a mail at the end of Crisis Core mentioning he also left the Shinra Company to look for Zack.

I hope the japanese feel the same and we can get a VI remake next.

Its one of my favourites. Some things to note:

- IX would benefit more from a more Breath of thr Wild-ish approach than hyper realism.

- VIII remake sounds cool.

- X and XII dont need a remake. They already got a remaster. And they are mostly fine.

-V has a more lighthearted story than IV, I wouldnt mind either of them getting a remake, though the job system in V could be tricky to implement correctly.

-The first 3 games... I think theu are fine with thr old-school graphics.

Well, VI had a very rough start in Japan, but with time it has grown with them and now it seems to be a fan favorite as well. I've seen a couple of polls and VI ranks very high. Dunno how representative that could be, but it still shows it has many fans. Not to mention Squeenix is aware of their western fans, so they probably know that VI is a huge favorite here.

Seconded, IX's fairy tale atmosphere would work much better in BotW stylization and something more "cartoony" (in a good way) than going for too much realism and detail. I think ditto for V. And to be fair, I don't think the Job System would be so hard to implement or even update. AFAIK mobile games such as Mobius have been using classes effectively. Not to mention it's the staple of the franchise. (Actually, after Dawn of Souls in the GBA and the DS remakes of III and IV I was pretty disappointed that the 3DS didn't get a remake of V and VI)

Agree as well, X and XII still look great and it's too soon. I am all in for X-3 though (so long the CD Drama is Void'd by any higher authority)

I'd say the first IV are fine as they are. They already got their remakes which, IMO are excellent, and look fine in the old school style with some upgrades. Trying to modernize them would need a big reimagining of the whole title.

Speaking of FFX, I forced myself so hard but in the end I couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. Dunno man, but almost nothing about it was appealing to me.

The story, the characters, the battle system, the voice acting, the music, atmosphere, almost everything was lackluster to me.

With how the current gaming industry goes,it'd be weird if thr remakes dont have a multiplayer mode, which means that classes should be balanced, as well as their abilities, ...

A part of me fears that jobs are bound to be "tiered" and discriminated for that. Something that happens in Fire Emblem, for example.

I also fear the DLC abuse.

ZERO7772 said:
Speaking of FFX, I forced myself so hard but in the end I couldn't get into it no matter how hard I tried. Dunno man, but almost nothing about it was appealing to me.

The story, the characters, the battle system, the voice acting, the music, atmosphere, almost everything was lackluster to me.
For some reason I have the exact issue with V. Like, I have never been able to finish it. Dunno why.

Zero: Well, it's understandable, not all FFs are for everyone and all take different approaches story and gameplay wise, so not all of them are everyone's cup of tea.

I, amusingly, have like all the main entries I've played so far, even the part of XIII I played before my PS3 broke down, lol. I am more criticla of spinoff stuff, though.

Pachi: Do the main FF entries use multiplayer as of late? All I recall is some gimmick that used communication features like sharing messages and unlocking stuff, but not co-op nor pvp. I don't think a main FF would really sacrifice its single player for online gameplay (not to mention after the many missteps as of late, Squeenix seems to have wisened as to not slap gimmicks in the games just because they can). Spinoffs that use it are usually planned and developed to work with that in mind. I could be wrong though.

Classes are discriminated in Fire Emblem? How so? Haven't played Fire Emblem to really say.

PaChi2 said:
I'd be very surprised if Golden Saucer isnt multiplayer.
Oof.

Being serious tho, FFVII will be 90% single player game, they can't do much with it besides abusing DLCs and seasons pass.

Cool, the more the merrier.

I really hope they don't go overboard will DLCs. The only one I'd be all in for are Zack side episodes.

I guess the Gold Saucer could take advantage of a leaderboard or multiplayer to earn better rewards sooner if you want, but shouldn't be focused on that.

Pachi: You mentioned classes are discriminated in Fire Emblem. How so?

So we have our final boss for the remake now~

I am gonna be honset, he looks much better than the original desgin in which he barely had any limbs.

Back