• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 5

From what I've seen, it's for nullifying attacks as opposed to nullifying the source of the ability itself. But not all profiles follow that, so it's not like it's an ironclad rule.

@Mitch

Nope. It's the way his powers and abilities are described. They could be much shorter and the scaling justifications could be a lot shorter as well. Along with the profile renders since some of the images are just, well low quality to say the least. Especially for Juvia's profile. Best FT girl deserves a better profile.

P&A tabbers are also a thing now and helped for profiles like Rimuru Tempest. So, there would not be much of an issue for the shrinking or keeping the P&A.

@Rin

I really tried to find a better X792 picture of Juvia, but all I could find was the low quality one, also how can we shorten Natsu's scaling justifications more then they already are, they're pretty straight to the point

The scaling issue isn't applying to Natsu but rather the other characters. As for Natsu his powers and abilities could be greatly shortened. His justification for his cold manipulation resistance is extremely long and rather unnecessary.

I mean the explanation length is the issue, we do have this text in the Standard Format for Character Profiles:

• Don't sacrifice any details for the reading convenience. Try to get the information across in the most efficient manner. If you don't manage to come up with a short explanation, then stick to a longer one.

Acnologia- terrifying mortals, immortals, dragons and gods since X390~ (Assuming ur translation is accurate)

For real though, most of the plot in FT happens because everyone is scared of Acno, he doesn't even have to do anything and the world just goes to hell because he exists.

That said, it still more than establishes him as a badass, not to mention his design is probably one of the best I've ever personally come across so he still leaves a hell of an impression- even though he did so little.

Can't say I'm opposed to learning more about dragon culture but this doesn't really seem like the time. Just gonna say I called Natsu's form getting the arm tattoos, they kinda plain but still. The rest looks beyond awesome though, like a mix of Dragon Force and END.

On the topic of Ignia though ..... what does this do for scaling? Because Elefseria said they are as strong as Acno but Ignia just called them stronger than Acno. I do believe that Merc is definitely using half power though since Natsu, who amped to Ignia's level at the most, was bodying him.

AnonymousBlank said:
On the topic of Ignia though ..... what does this do for scaling? Because Elefseria said they are as strong as Acno but Ignia just called them stronger than Acno. I do believe that Merc is definitely using half power though since Natsu, who amped to Ignia's level at the most, was bodying him.
For now, i can't fully trust ignia words, simple cause it's like he is exaggerating the statement, like how god Serena says no dragon can stand against him XD. EVEN if it true, ROT acno stand above all dragon gods unless the bring raven of times acno in discussion

I'd say we don't take Ignia's claims of power as is, he does come across as an arrogant SOB so exaggerating/overestimating his own power would seem in character. In fact he even says he wanted to take on Acno to 'test his power' which sort of suggests that he is neither aware of his own limits nor of Acno's total strength.

Burning Full Fingers said:
True.

Maybe Natsu will fight Ignia last.
Probably, I wonder how long the manga will be, it's set up 3 different opposing forces; Touka, the dragon eaters and now Ignia. Who's going to end up being the big bad?

Ps. I think Natsu's new form is pretty badass, it looks like what I imagine END + Dragon force would be.

Welp, Natsu is super strong in this form, he is bodying Mercuphobia, which is just great, I like that Natsu got an actual different character design than just having a new fire all around himself, on another note, Lucy is afraid of Natsu at the moment, that moght become an story arc of some kind, having Natsu possibly lose himself in power

Also I think Ignia is very arrogant, I don't think he's stronger than Acnologia, Igneel said he could win as well, but we know that ain't true, they're comparable, but certainly not definitely stronger, but it is good to know why Acnologia didn't know about them, they ran away and hid as humans and got super strong

Overall great chapter

It seems to me to be more like just "special" Dragon Force (as it happened with Jellal giving the golden flames to Natsu, that when eating, he was with golden fire during the whole fight against Zero), since Natsu when eating the flames of Ignia stayed with something like tattoos in his hands

In general it seems to me to be just a different DF as occurred in the fight in Nirvana

And also, I think this Natsu should have his AP as: "Low 6-B, possibly High 6-B". Since it seems that Natsu overpowered Mercu who is with half of his powers and does not seem to have felt anything with his tail blow

Y'all are sly know what time is is. Lucy getting scared of Natsu even by the fact they known each other for like what 3-4 years AND he was the one to get her into FT?! Yup I sense a Inuyasha and Kagome here and it's gonna be sweet! ƒÿê

Lucy never saw Natsu vs Zeref nor did he see Natsu vs Acnologia

Also How did Ignia know Natsu had friends help him defeat Acnologia

Ignia didn't know. Notice how he phrased it, saying "He must have been defeated by a group of Dragon Slayers". He didn't actually know until Natsu all but confirmed it by saying their true strength comes from their friends.

I'm pretty sure Natsu is in Dragon Force at the moment, he has the scales and everything, plus he ate a strong fire, also I'm pretty sure the forms of Natsu in terms of an increase scale like this...

1. Seven Flames Dragon Mode

2. Ignia's Power

3. Savage Dragon Fire Form

4. Igneel's Power

5. Dragon Force

6. Fire Dragon King Mode

7. END Form

8. Hellfire Form

9. Lightning Flame Dragon Mode

10. Base

As much forms Natsu has he'll never reach the amount Goku has. That's pretty much impossible for every Shonen Protagonist, although I think Naruto is the one who comes the closest.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Lucy is afraid of Natsu at the moment, that moght become an story arc of some kind, having Natsu possibly lose himself in power
Yes, this could actually work good and it can make them finally get together.

Also, I think they should give Skarion the power of a DG so he can face Natsu equally.

Skarion seems to be more Gray's rival than Natsu's, which I'm fine with. Natsu may face the guild master of Diabolos instead.

How many forms does Goku have exactly? I lost count after he got pink hair and that fiery aura... waitaminute

Does Erza count as having different forms with all her armors lol?

I feel like Diabolos will get beeaten during the 100YQ befre Natsu faces Ignia. Touka and White's story arc back at the guild seems very far removed from the rest of the events tbh. Aside from her having influence over Merc, she could be from a whole other story and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Back