• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No this isn't about major statics but rather some wonky scaling I've noticed. So it seems Fairy Tail got to 7-A via the Clash between Mard Geer and The CSK and they had a 51 Megaton feat, naturally Etherious Mard Geer would be stronger so the 7-A is ok with me to an extent. I'm still unsure about how legit the 7-A is but that isn't my main issue. My main issue is the High 7-A characters who have no reason to be there whatsoever. This is justified by Gray beating Invel Yura however this is a really bad justification. They have no reason to be High 7-A for this reason they'd just be a higher degree of 7-A. There's no calc or anything backing this rating up so what i suggest is changing all the High 7-A's to "At least 7-A." This seems like a reasonable downgrade to me.

There needs to be multitudes of significant powerup or at least be close to the top border of the tier to get a jump without a calc.

Since this is neither, a downgrade is in order

I legit can't find the High 7A feat for my life.

Being significantly stronger then a multitude of 7As is still not enough to justify High 7A considering Ryüko Matoi and Satsuki Kiryüi are immensely higher on the 7A scale then most FT characters.

My point exactly Base Aizen stomped several other 7-A+ characters and he didn't magically jump to High 7-A. Same thing with Ryuko Matoi.

To be fair the 51 megaton feat was done by someone fodder to the main cast, 7A is fine.

Well Mard isn't really fodder he just got beat by Natsu since he thought Gray died. You could do the same if you were around 80 Megatons but as i said this isn't my main focus. High 7-A is just illogical and I'm amazed how this went unnoticed.

That's what I'm wondering. So there's two problems as of now.

• The fact that there are no 7-A feats whosoever, and the closest we have to mountain level would be City+.

• High 7-A is absolutely invalid.

You did not mention the fact that he was weakened, you didn't bring up anything about the FT characters being weakened at all when they've fought some of the villains.

Well it'd depends on how far you are into 7-B+ back whenever Zoro first did the Pica feat it came out to 80 Megatons and still didn't get a 7-A key. But this isn't that important but perhaps a "Likely 7-A." Would be better. I'm not sure if 50-60 megatons is enough for a solid 7-A key.

Theglassman12 said:
You did not mention the fact that he was weakened, you didn't bring up anything about the FT characters being weakened at all when they've fought some of the villains.
And that doesn't change my point, at all.

Bang is 7-A because even when half dead he can one shot multiple very high City level characters at the same time with ease.

i mean someone like laxus, whos was borderline dying, was on par with a 7-A, add that to the fact the guy he fought had lightning resistance, he would of been one shotted. August had to protect ajeel from laxus' attack cause he thought he would die.. and that was just a casual attack

. Mirajane who was 7-A was getting beat by eileen squad, They were completely shocked by her magic power, which is impressive considering they were familiar with high magic powers coming from irene; and she speed blitz them and one shotted them to the point where the enchantment was lifted. Mirajane is vastly superior to 7-A characters in alegria. idk why mirajane seilah is high 7-A tho, only alegria should be.

rahkeid stated himself different tier from the rest of the spriggan, proven when he can block an attack from a 7-A with his fingers.

Dimaria, not sure about her god soul being high 7-A but she could be, i think her god soul should be at least 7-A, likely higher.

gray fought with E.N.D, definetly high 7-A, considsering that natsu was vastly superior to dimaria..

gajeel idk

i dont see why they need to be downgraded

None of what you said means they are even remotely Large Mountain level.

1: Cool, that's a good stamina feat but considering that they're 7-A for a 50 Megaton feat makes that point pretty moot.

2: Mirajane isn't vastly superior to other 7-A's again read my first point. They have zero mountain level feats. And why are you bringing speed into this? That's irreverent.

3: Again read above. Zero mountain level feats, even then he'd just be a slightly higher degree of 7-A not High 7-A.

4: Nobody in FT has any reason to be High 7-A. No calc nor do they scale that high.

5: Read above. Definitely not High 7-A.

They'll likely be downgraded accordingly due to the lack of justifications.

Going off of what Dragon said we would have country level escanor and meliodas if we were that lax on giving arbitrary upgrades.

Aizen is right here, I'll agree that 7-A is fine but nothing more. They'd have to be baseline then 200 Megatons, 300 Megatons, 400 Megatons then they'd have to hit 7-A+ to even be considered as High 7-A. Which isn't the case since making them baseline 7-A based on 50 Megatons is already being extremely generous.

Correction in regards to Zoro (which has nothing to do with this): His feat WAS 80 megatons, but considering he one-shot someone w/ a baseline 7-A feat (and had Asura to further multiply his AP), he scaled (it's way different now, he has a 126 MT feat and now scales to a 339MT feat).

Now if a bunch of characters are scaling to High 7-A from being able to beat 7-A characters who scale from a 7-B feat, that makes no sense in any case. They'd have to be 20 times stronger than the 50 MT feat to even hit base-line High 7-A, which there is nothing suggesting that.

If someone is on the verge of death and matching someone of a specific tier (pretty much 7-A from what's being said), that's a testament to their STAMINA, not their AP.

Here's how it works, and nothing else:

Character A applies a 50 MT feat, placing him at City level+.

Character B is injured but manages to one-shot Character A. That puts Character B at "At least 7-B". Not 7-A.

But to be fair, 7-A starts just 2x above the 7-B feat.

Some characters would still qualify for "At least 7-B, Likely 7-A"

Alright so how should we handle this? Everyone's who's Mountain level gets taken down to City+ and everyone who's High 7-A gets bumped down to possibly baseline 7-A?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back