• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza Conceptual Manipulation (Fairy Tail)

bro i didn't copy paste this from the g1 blog
Real

At one point in 100 Year Quest, Wendy bestowed Erza with something called a concept enchantment, in which she applied the “concept” of an energy called Spiria to her, allowing Erza to cut through and destroy life forms created through spiritual powers that could otherwise not be conventionally eliminated. It is unclear if this was permanent or not; given most of Wendy’s enchantments are temporary, it may not have been.
Bro, if you're taking from that blog at least also take the scans the blog provides as well instead of just copying and pasting the text with zero substantiation 🗿

Bro, if you're taking from that blog at least also take the scans the blog provides as well, instead of just copying and pasting the text with zero substantiation 🗿
it wouldn't let me send the scans coz the link the scans are from is not allowed on the forum i think

i fixed it

Last edited:
Wendy had to reapply the enchantment to Erza in chapter 77 so it’s not permanent

Who this should apply to tho is Wendy herself
It should apply to Irene considering she is the one who taught Wendy how to do a concept enchantment
And it should likely apply to Zeref considering he is stated by Irene to be a better enchanter than herself and she was also trained by Zeref himself

I highly doubt they are using the word concept in the same sense as the wiki, that means in the sense of literal concept manipulation, instead they seem to be using it in the normal way that humans use the word, and the reason to believe this is because, if you read it with the context of the previous pages, she was basically telling her to use the same type of energy (the same principle, as the meaning of the word concept) as the enemy (spiria that fuel spirit arts) because without said energy their attacks couldn't defeat spiritual arts creatures as they worked under a different type of power system (spirit arts instead of magic), to argue that this is literal concept manip would be the same as argue that everyone that use spiria/spirit arts have concept manip because they can defeat spiritual arts creatures while a foreign power system like magic can't.

I don't agree with Conceptual Manipulation with the evidence given.

While the word "concept" is used, the usage of the word doesn't describe anything important in giving Conceptual Manipulation to the character. It's a nominal fallacy to believe otherwise since verbalizing words isn't the same as providing descriptions and qualities to them.

With what we're given in these scans, Wendy's just bestowing the idea, or "concept", on how to combine the main component of Spirit Arts, with Magic, onto her friends. So their Magical attacks can affect those using Spirit Arts, which were previously immune to Magic because of the separate composition both had. None of this implies an abstract and governing concept being manipulated.

So until I see further evidence discussing the actual "concept" itself, I don't agree with this being Conceptual Manipulation.

I also don’t agree with conceptual manipulation

I believe this should be power bestowal which explains how they enchant their magic power with a different type of power source all together

Right power bestowal on Wendy's page(And Irene and Zeref) only mentions different types of “magics” ya know such as giving Erza’s sword dragon slayer magic and so on
which is already covered under her use of magic enhancement

However magic enhancement and concept enhancement preform different functions

So I believe it should be mentioned on her page that she can bestow her magic with different power sources via concept enhancement

Back