• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread

Delta3000 said:
@ homu

Makarov only met 6 or 7 of the 12 from what I recall and Irene wasn't one of them; so in context his statement would be 'August is the strongest member of the 12 - that I have met' I also don't recall Jacob making mention of August's power level and Mira 'Oh Craped' equally as much when she met them both.

@ mitch

'August>Irene' There is actually evidence to suggest otherwise; for example, Brandish can affect August (after he had powered up to his red form - Assuming his red form is a power up) with her magic but she wasn't able to affect Neinhart when he was casually boosted by Irene. Which does imply Irene is stronger.

August already knew she was a traitor and he even watched her pull the blade from her jacket so if anything he was just slow to react. Further the only instance I can think of an FT wizard being less durable when surprised, was Cana Knocking out Brandish and even then Cana chalked it up to Brandish being weak rather than surprised.
For your last point its like dbz, like saiyan can easily be harmed by a small rock, annd sometime planet lvl attack cant do anything to him. Also maybe august didn't react because he didn't want to hurt brandish, or something like that, btw in his battle against gildarts, he react and reverse the effect of crash

Delta3000 said:
@ homu
Makarov only met 6 or 7 of the 12 from what I recall and Irene wasn't one of them; so in context his statement would be 'August is the strongest member of the 12 - that I have met' I also don't recall Jacob making mention of August's power level and Mira 'Oh Craped' equally as much when she met them both.

@ mitch

'August>Irene' There is actually evidence to suggest otherwise; for example, Brandish can affect August (after he had powered up to his red form - Assuming his red form is a power up) with her magic but she wasn't able to affect Neinhart when he was casually boosted by Irene. Which does imply Irene is stronger.

August already knew she was a traitor and he even watched her pull the blade from her jacket so if anything he was just slow to react. Further the only instance I can think of an FT wizard being less durable when surprised, was Cana Knocking out Brandish and even then Cana chalked it up to Brandish being weak rather than surprised.
Well august was not affected by the magic of the Larcade while Irene was affected, and that implies that he was stronger than Irene.

It was said that Zeref needs the Fairy Heart along with the Time Ravines to defeat Dragon Form Acnologia and also in Zeref's own profile FH is saying that he is stronger or comparable to Etherion when he was with Fairy Heart + Time Ravines

And also Irene with Universe One and August with his suicide attack are inferior to Etherion that is inferior to Zeref Fairy Heart + Ravines of Time

Even August that was able to destroy Fiore with his suicide attack quotes that Zeref needed the Fairy Heart to defeat Acnologia:

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---471?id=307930#6

that is to say even his suicide attack would not be able to defeat Acnolgia (except for his Blood Vaporization that it was clear that the explosion of his suicide attack would not defeat or kill Acnology but Blood Vaporization was clearly already capable which ignores durability)

Loo no everything is wrong. 1st as long as zeref is using magic he cant kill acno, he need dsm in phyiscal form to kill him. 2nd) zeref was planned to go back in time and reset every thing so acno is never turn into a dragon, thats how zeref plans to defeat him, even zeref fears scno because he knows he cant kill him.( I amm dropping some scans in few min to support my comment)

@ 9tailacno

there is no evidence of that being a thing in FT.

@ Enryu

You mean with the spell that only affects non virgins?

@Delta We are not Arguing if August is weaker than Irene, universally everyone on this website has agreed that August>Irene, and the managa has consistently stated that he is the strongest, also August was caught off guard with Brandish, and he most likely allowed her to use her magic on him so that she could "heal" him

@9TailAcno All of what you're saying is Headcanon bro

So statements>evidence then.

Given that Brandish stopped being able to shrink Natsu's tumour once it got to strong, I don't think permission is a factor - although Natsu wasn't conscious to give permission, but then that would contradict your off guard hypothesis.

Delta3000 said:
@ 9tailacno
there is no evidence of that being a thing in FT.

@ Enryu

You mean with the spell that only affects non virgins?
I mean just why a character resists something does not mean that he is stronger than the other, for example Whitebeard tanked the lava of Akainu several times but Goku of namekusei could not stand it, but that does not mean that Whitebeard is stronger that Goku

And? The Rogue, Minerva and Sting are virgins and also they did not tolerate also the magic of the Larcade.

August is a master of almost every kind of magic, he can most certainly halt his magical resistance or at least limit his power so that Brandish could use hers, she's an ally, so he would trust her, and by the logic that August can be hurt by brandish while off guard, and that downgrades him, I guess Goku is Bullet level, Aizen is sword Level, and Madara is human level

@Enryu

Actually the fact that Larcades magic worked on both Rogue and Minerva, means they aren't Virgins, Sting is Probably a virgin tho, also I'm not arguing for August>Irene anymore, it's self explanatory that he is stronger

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Delta We are not Arguing if August is weaker than Irene, universally everyone on this website has agreed that August>Irene, and the managa has consistently stated that he is the strongest, also August was caught off guard with Brandish, and he most likely allowed her to use her magic on him so that she could "heal" him

@9TailAcno All of what you're saying is Headcanon bro
That saiyan thing? I says its like, maybe you guys are correct. Btw can someone check those scans i provided regarding acno cant be killed by etherion

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Enryu

Actually the fact that Larcades magic worked on both Rogue and Minerva, means they aren't Virgins, Sting is Probably a virgin tho, also I'm not arguing for August>Irene anymore, it's self explanatory that he is stronger
Rogue, minerva, laxus, angel they are not virgin anymore 😆😆, even zeref affected by it.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Enryu
Are not Minerva and Rogue virgins? But the magic of Larcade also worked on Lector and Fro and they seemed to be virgins(from what I remember or gave to realize) but for the magic of Larcade to work it does not have to be a virgin or not, I mean that even August said that it was annoying the magic of Larcade even though he seemed to be a virgin, I know but I'm commenting that resisting something that another person can not resist does not mean that they are stronger than the other.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
August is a master of almost every kind of magic, he can most certainly halt his magical resistance or at least limit his power so that Brandish could use hers, she's an ally, so he would trust her, and by the logic that August can be hurt by brandish while off guard, and that downgrades him, I guess Goku is Bullet level, Aizen is sword Level, and Madara is human level
That what i trying to say. Btw august can copy any magic instantly(maybe except lost magic And if we do scaling every spriggen(except some) have atlest low country lvl magic power( but they lack ap and dc)

BlackeJan said:
U know if no admin is here to say anything then this ENTIRE thread is moot right?
I'm just waiting for someone to calc the Cloud splitting feat of Jellal, and I have asked someone if they can do it, and have asked others to comment on this thread, and it's not like blue name opinions mean nothing

Well august was not affected by the magic of the Larcade while Irene was affected, and that implies that he was stronger than Irene.

August is virign, cana also not get affected by it

9TailAcno said:
August is virign, cana also not get affected by it
But August had not complained that the magic of Larcade was annoying? I had been confused how the magic of Larcade worked, but they have already answered my question and how it works.

@ enryu

Depends which version of Goku you are talking about.

Tanking an attack is a durability feat, Larcade's magic ignores durability.

@ mitch

How is it self explanatory that August>Irene? Or are you just dismissing my argument without debunking it first?

and No August is a power mimic not a master of almost every magic (but if he copied enough magics and you didn't know he was a power mimic it would give the illusion that he had mastered almost every magic). Which begs the question: why would he copy (or other wise develop) the ability to reduce his own stats when he could simply copy Brandish's magic and use it to 'heal' himself?

Enryu The Red Tower said:
DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@Enryu
Are not Minerva and Rogue virgins? But the magic of Larcade also worked on Lector and Fro and they seemed to be virgins(from what I remember or gave to realize) but for the magic of Larcade to work it does not have to be a virgin or not, I mean that even August said that it was annoying the magic of Larcade even though he seemed to be a virgin, I know but I'm commenting that resisting something that another person can not resist does not mean that they are stronger than the other.
Screenshot 20180519-214010
yukino,lector ,frosh is not affected by larcade magic but
Screenshot 20180519-214019

but they get afffected by it, when larcade tranfer his magi through solid light.(that tanticle like thing)

Delta3000 said:
@ enryu
Depends which version of Goku you are talking about.

Tanking an attack is a durability feat, Larcade's magic ignores durability.

@ mitch

How is it self explanatory that August>Irene? Or are you just dismissing my argument without debunking it first?

and No August is a power mimic not a master of almost every magic (but if he copied enough magics and you didn't know he was a power mimic it would give the illusion that he had mastered almost every magic). Which begs the question: why would he copy (or other wise develop) the ability to reduce his own stats when he could simply copy Brandish's magic and use it to 'heal' himself?
The version of Goku when he faced Frieza for the first time.

I know but August said that Larcade's magic was annoying indicating he was not a virgin, as he felt the effect of Larcade's magic but not equal to the others who succumbed to the "pleasure" of it he just felt and said it was annoying, I mean that if a weaker character can tanked the lava does not mean that the stronger can either.

@Delta

Many Characters say that August is the strongest spriggan, or at least equal to Irene, saying because one time he was caught off guard by Brandish, and he let her heal him, would not warrant a downgrade by any means, also to say he just mimics magic is a huge understatement, he instantly copied Gildarts Magic and knew how to use it at a great level, and yes he has mastered tons of magic, when fighting the Oracion Seis, he said he has already learned their magic, it's also easy to see why he is a master at so many magics, he's the son of Zeref, the smartest character in the series (or at least very close to smartest) who has created time travel, a literal new race, and can revive the dead, and the son of Mavis, the mother of Fairy Tail, and master tactician, you're assuming quite alot to downgrade August, he casually stomped Jellal and the Oracion Seis, has been stated to have enormous magic, and he is obviously the strongest spriggan, also lets Not assume that August is a virgin (That would make me feel bad for the old guy), chances are his resistance allowed him to not be affected, even Irene and Zeref were only slightly affected, and he is comparable to them, point is, August>=Irene, many other verses scale characters for worse reasons, this has tons of evidence though

@9Tail and Enryu

Could you please stop quoting massive amounts of text, just do the @ followed by name of person you wish to retort to

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
@9Tail and Enryu

Could you please stop quoting massive amounts of text, just do the @ followed by name of person you wish to retort to
Sorry, i am delecting my old comment now, also i dont remember who says it , but someone from spirggen says august power is so tryffing that he surpass zeref itself in term of using magic. @enruy its happens when you didnt read manga for long time

@demongod btw God serena Brandish Dimariya Bloodman Larcade Dragneel Invel All of them is at same lvl via magic power wise and in manga makarov says dimariya can easily shrink a whole country. (Scans are commimg btw)

Screenshot 20180519-232639
Here the scan

9TailAcno said:
@demongod btw
God serena Brandish Dimariya Bloodman Larcade Dragneel Invel All of them is at same lvl via magic power wise and in manga makarov says dimariya can easily shrink a whole country. (Scans are commimg btw)

Screenshot 20180519-232639
Here the scan
I believe these "countries" are more likely to be islands thus reinforcing Fairy Tail's 6-C through declarations(although they already have a Brandish calculation by altering the mass of an island that resulted in 7-B +)

@ enryu

August does posses the ability nullify the effects magic he has copied so he could have just copied Larcade's spell.

@ mitch

We wouldn't have to Downgrade him that much if at all; what I have been thinking is: August get's 2 key's instead of 1, he does have a transformation after all.

base August | red form/transformed

AP: unknown physically, at least 7-A with magic (should scale to his durability as it is the same power just used for offence, intimidated Natsu) | At least 7-A (stronger than before, stomped CS including Jellal, his heat pillar was this powerful), likely high 6-C (If August is as strong as or stronger than Irene as stated he would be at this level)

Speed: (at least as fast as the likes of Jacob lessiro given their similar reactions to Acnologia blitzing Serena, Brandish was able to surprise him, blocked Laxus's lightning) | same as his current rating

Striking strength: unknown | At least mountain class, possibly large island class (his physical blows are comparable to his magic attacks)

Durability: 7-B+ (Brandish was able to lethally wound him with a surprise attack, At least 7-A with magic (easily blocked laxus's lightning with a barrier) | At least 7-A higher with barriers, likely high 6-C higher with barriers

I'm not saying August is stupid, I mean he can copy the magic of others and use it at least as well as they can if not better which would require considerable knowledge and skill to do.

Well he is either a virgin or resistant due to his copy magic. Also a personal speculation of mine is that the effectiveness of pleasure is based upon the frequency/how recently and the amount of sex someone has had, hence why Gildarts was affected the most.

August>Irene doesn't have 'tons of evidence' it only has statements that are contradicted by dragon Irene having a feat for superior to anything August has done bar his suicide spell which itself is matched by human Irene's universe 1; hence why I am arguing this.

@Delta

I'm sorry, I just don't agree, August would just straight up be High 6-C, he's Stronger than POF Erza and Dragon Irene, and I can see I won't convince you of that, but you won't convince me, this is just unnecessary Lowballing for August, Tons of Statements of being the strongest and being at least as strong as Irene, other characters don't get this kind of lowball, so unless you can convince Admins to scale, nothings gonna change

I also changed the name to discussions, cause that is pretty much what this thread is now

Well with my previous calc with wall's attack, it would make sense that Brandish can make actual countries disappear, besides what do we label as country in FT verse?

Countries in the Fairy Tail Verse are big, the smallest is just country level, but after that it ranges from Large Country to Multi-Continental Levels, so if Brandish really could erase a country (which realistically she couldn't, but I can hope) Fairy Tail Tiers would skyrocket

How are My suggestions Lowballing? they account for both his feat's and statements which is far more reasonable that just basing it on statements alone. I could also point out that Irene is a dragon (a blatantly physically superior species) and dragons have been stated and shown to be superior to humans the point they are practically invincible.

Cause he is stated on numerous occasions by several intelligent characters that He is the strongest spriggan, and who's to say he can't just copy Deus Semma and use it as well, plus Atlas Flame and Motherglare, Two Dragons, are At least 7-B, weaker than every Spriggan and those who scale to them, plus August is the 5th strongest character in the verse, it makes sense that he can surpass Dragons, plus you put his durability at 7-B+ because he got stabbed by Brandish, that Knife is not 7-B+, Brandish's Magic Power is, by your logic August Durability is Sword Level, that's not how it works, it's why goku isn't laser level for being shot, it's why Sasuke isn't sword level by being stabbed by madara, he was just caught off guard when he had NO defenses up

August was stated to be the strongest Spriggan, this is true. But you're not taking into account that his hype could just be due to his copy ability. His durability does not necessarily scale to Irene's strongest shown attack. Who knows if the people hyping him even knew about Irene's true form in the first place tbh

Back