• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Addition for Igneel & Natsu

It was uncertain if the power actually could kill Zeref, it was only speculation, and even then, Zeref goes on to say someone much stronger than Natsu, Acnologia still wouldn’t be able to kill him

So yeah, I don’t think we can solidly give Natsu and especially not Igneel this

It was uncertain if the power actually could kill Zeref, it was only speculation, and even then, Zeref goes on to say someone much stronger than Natsu, Acnologia still wouldn’t be able to kill him

So yeah, I don’t think we can solidly give Natsu and especially not Igneel this
I disagree. There's no guarantee they can kill Zeref.
After re-reading can kinda see your point, don't see what Acno has to do with this tho

I also disagree with this. Zeref is hopeful that it would kill him but even he doesn't seem to know for certain that it would.

Disagree FRA, this could be because Natsu has the potential to break Zeref's curse and free him from immortality just like he has burned down the Sting's magic instead of killing him while he was still an immortal being

I actually agree because Zeref says "After all this time, who knew my wish would be granted now..." in Natsu's final attack. He even thanks Igneel and a few others afterwards. In the previous panel he told Natsu "if you have any strength left, this attack could kill me". He probably realized he had enough power before Natsu attacked him and in his last moments he said what I said above and thanked Igneel and a few people. Because he probably realized that this was his goodbye too.

I agree with this, even Zeref himself said that since Ignel was dead, his power could kill him. Even though we don't see this in the series, we can assume that he can kill. Zeref himself is someone who has lived for 400 years and his thoughts on this subject are reliable. I think Possibily regen neg is the best

Not to mention during the rematch, Zeref notices the absence of Igneel's power and says that Natsu can't defeat him now

When Happy stopped Natsu, Zeref said that this was his last chance and that no one could stand in his way now. Because clearly Igneel was running out of power. Zeref clearly told Natsu, before Natsu attacked him, "if you have any strength left, your attack could kill me," and after Natsu started attacking him, he realized that his remaining strength was probably enough to kill him, and he thanked Igneel and the others, saying that now his wish would come true. Like Robo said, it a perfect example of a possibly rating.

Back