• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Discussion Thread

I'm just going by what I've seen are this site's strict standards for light. The fact that the "laser" curved after heading for Natsu means it's not acting like real light.

Sting stated in chapter 511 that light "and" white magic does not harm him which means he uses light as well.

But the light itself did not bend by itself, It changed direction from the source which is his head/mouth. But besides all that, what we look at is what Natsu was able to dodge in the beginning.

I don't think it is a matter of how fast sting moves his head to attack his enemies, it is about sting firing a straight light based laser at his enemies at the beginning.

You've missed my point; If the laser was truly light based the beam would have remained straight when he turned his head instead of bending.

It is also worth noting that sting's other 'light' attacks don't behave like real light.

Or we could visually see it bend from a different perspective such as when the area around it moves at a faster pace, because afterall light can bend in various cases

We are not talking about Stings other attacks, just his breath attack which acts as a light based laser.

That would not make sense because it is agreed that magic functions as part of nature

Magic might be a part of nature but it's clear Fairy Tail nature's light, or at least Sting's magic, doesn't behave like real light. Just because Sting's attack was straight for a little bit doesn't mean anything, right after it flew straight it started bending with a smooth curve. That scene is pretty damning

Do you mean by how light doesn't cause explosions? We could very well see it from a different perspective like how we see the area around it move faster, or like how light is pulled or bent by different means in a parabolic path or see it distorted by different lensing

Light can bend in various cases but movement of its source and traveling through air are not cases in which it bends.

I assume you are referring to the last speed upgrade that was based around laxus's lightning; thing is the lightning displayed properties consistent with real lightning such as being attracted to metal where as FT light doesn't show real properties (it does things like bending, forming barriers and pushing people into the ground).

I think a more important argument is whether or not to scale Wahl's Etherion to the tower of heaven one, since they are both significantly weaker versions of the blast and therefore could be comparable, plus it would push Spriggans to 6-C or 6-C+, and I believe it is a fair assumption to make that Wahl can produce a stronger blast than like 10 council members

Also the talk about wahl's Etherion and Jellal's cloud split is in this thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1713611?useskin=oasis

Please help get spriggans the upgrade that they clearly deserve

The method of upgrading them is a form of calc stacking. It's also baseless,look for better feats in the manga to use.

It's not baseless, Wahl should be able to replicate the Etherion used on the Tower of Heaven, If the cannon is the same as the one in the council and wahl has more magic than the entire magic council combined, then replicating such a blast would be very plausible

As for the better feats thing, I have been trying desperately, Cloud split failed, Multipliers failed, and this is just more proof to it

The spriggans are clearly stronger than 7-A, there just isn't a solid enough feat to push them over the edge, but I think Whal's Etherion would be comparable to the one used in the tower of heaven

Nope, if it this happen in another manga,people be like oh yes oh yes look at this he/she is weak still did it, when happen it ft people kust call it pis. Like gohan defeating full power cell with one hand lol. And pis exist in every anime.

Any word for this
Screenshot 20180523-145020
Or we are going to ignore it because its naruto.

So I was reading comments and that is really true Like with Seven deadly sins Meliodas Destroys Danafor in a rage mode therefore everyone scales to that, however Erza destroys a meteor and people call it PIS, even though both involved destruction with a boost of emotion

Also Irene Affects the whole country of Fiore casually, that's just hax, but Tarmiel creates a ocean that's possible hax, and suddenly everyone scales to it,

also they lowball Etherion and the meteor, highball danafor and the ocean feat

It really bothers me

Can we with the strawmaning? Thank you, everything should be looked case by case. Etherion is vague which has a high end and a low end and we use both to be safe. I can't speak about NNT since I haven't been involved with the series for awhile. And Irene's meteorite only has one end

Yeah, I just wanted to rant about NNT getting an upgrade for the feats that could be PIS, just like Fairy Tail, but since everyone likes NNT, it gets by

As for Etherion, I'm not suggesting comparing wahl's version to the full power of the original, I'm saying it would be fair to compare it to a much weaker minimized blast of Etherion, used back in the beginning of the series, since it was powered by 10 Council members who wahl is certainly stronger than, plus it supports the countless statements that while the spriggans are certainly weaker than Irene and August, they aren't dimensions lower than them

Meh, I disagree with the NNT upgrade myself tbh. It's pretty evident that that feat is hax. More than that, the ocean calc is based on assumptions as well.

Nope, if it this happen in another manga,people be like oh yes oh yes look at this he/she is weak still did it, when happen it ft people kust call it pis. Like gohan defeating full power cell with one hand lol. And pis exist in every anime.

Any word for this
Screenshot 20180523-145020
Or we are going to ignore it because its naruto.

So I was reading comments and that is really true Like with Seven deadly sins Meliodas Destroys Danafor in a rage mode therefore everyone scales to that, however Erza destroys a meteor and people call it PIS, even though both involved destruction with a boost of emotion

Also Irene Affects the whole country of Fiore casually, that's just hax, but Tarmiel creates a ocean that's possible hax, and suddenly everyone scales to it,

also they lowball Etherion and the meteor, highball danafor and the ocean feat

It really bothers me

That exactly what i want to say, she is able to warp the country, because she have enough power for that.

Btw can we use dragon cry feats because its canon

If we use the movies, Natsu becomes High 6-A which I agree with, but will never be accepted since no one will belive that Natsu could be on that Level, even though he totally could be

Let us look at the facts about Etherion:

• it is powerful enough to destroy a nation
  • the one used on ToH would have caused massive damage to a nearby country even just targeting the tower out at sea.
  • The Ethernanos stored up is powerful enough to break down matter to it's smallest components.
Wall's Feat

• it utilized Magnetic (magical) confinement fusion
    • The highest temperature for nuclear fusion man achieved in this process is 50 million kelvin.
  • he used this twice, first was smaller and the second with the Etherion one

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
If we use the movies, Natsu becomes High 6-A which I agree with, but will never be accepted since no one will belive that Natsu could be on that Level, even though he totally could be
What do you mean no one is going to accepted it, i mean he cleary use E.N.D. power and kill the dragon without any effort who was consume dragon cry power and dragon cry x10 etherion blast which is a country lvl feat, as long as it not get debunk we can easily use it, i think he need to ask mod or admin about it.

Actually that was base Natsu who defeated a 10x Etherion powered Dragon, since the "Dragon Form" was just an illusion seen by Animus, so Natsu's base is basically continental, and Dragon Force is at least 3 times base so that's Multi-Continental, so yeah if we use films then Natsu is op and the films are canon, at least dragon cry is

yeah, actually it's stated to be tens of times, so Dragon Cry could be 100x Etherion, which would make Natsu further in Multi-Continental levels, but once again, this will sadly never be accepted, because it will probebly be seen as an outlier

Welp the movies can't be used for Scaling, I know that now after a hard thread of failure

I can't speak for the ocean feat, but comparing things to Danafor isn't a good idea. Specially since Meliodas almost casually replicates the feat on the city of vampires, Eidenburgh after they are done cleaning the place, even if the scale is smaller.

NNT has, as far as I've seen, much better showings to justify those level of power, specially since they have gone even higher now, while the gammut can run all across the damned board with Fairy Tail. Not to mentio, Erza is one of the biggest guilty for "power of friendship". Barely anyone is as consistent with it or gets such a ridiculous boost.

@LSir

Well, but the "power of feelings" has always been that within the Fairy Tail universe it makes people stronger, Zeref said that to Mavis and Mavis talking during Natsu vs. Sting and Rogue, that Natsu's feelings would make him stronger. This is the logic of the power ups because of the feelings in Fairy Tail

Well, this is the logic of the Fairy Tail verse and in the past I've already heard a discussion to decide if the PoF in Fairy Tail was PIS or not (since Feelings = More strength in Fairy Tail)

More like Positive Feelings = Power. I want to see if the Villains even get any sort of power boost for having strong feelings about stuff. Jellal was feeling pretty hard about the Tower of Heaven back when Natsu punched the snot out of him.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
More like Positive Feelings = Power. I want to see if the Villains even get any sort of power boost for having strong feelings about stuff. Jellal was feeling pretty hard about the Tower of Heaven back when Natsu punched the snot out of him.
Villain also get the power up but the just need to believe in them lol

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
yeah, actually it's stated to be tens of times, so Dragon Cry could be 100x Etherion, which would make Natsu further in Multi-Continental levels, but once again, this will sadly never be accepted, because it will probebly be seen as an outlier
Dafuq???? Natsu was in E.N.D. mode then how its outlier? Dragon cry cleary shown to absorb the power of dragons, Movie is canon accepted by writer himself Can some tell me why people amd who thinks it outlier?

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Actually that was base Natsu who defeated a 10x Etherion powered Dragon, since the "Dragon Form" was just an illusion seen by Animus, so Natsu's base is basically continental, and Dragon Force is at least 3 times base so that's Multi-Continental, so yeah if we use films then Natsu is op and the films are canon, at least dragon cry is
Its not a illusion, after the fight natsu himself in shock and ask lucy how its look? Its cleary a tranformation.
20180603 110126 rmedited
@demongod, people will try everything to lowball its, yeah because its ft. Even after creater says its canon, pep will saying its non canon. Byw in above pic its proof that natsu undergo a tranformation, animus 1st says him as a dragon but later confirms him as end

Master Roshi busting the moon to stop Goku is also Canon. This same Master Roshi can't beat Piccolo the Demon King, whose strongest attack can erase a city.

When the scale makes no sense considering the usual power of the verse, it's an outlier. Nothing close to that level has been shown, why would we need to believe Natsu suddenly had such a massively and impossibly big boost? It makes no sense.

Pfffft, please. Villains get no power of emotions in FT, not to the same level at least. Because they are villains, and they need to get kicked to the curb.

Apparently being massively evil doesn't squeeze the magical juices quite like wanting to help your friends.

U guys....I just thought of this but....Juvia is intangible right....would that mean she can survive death magic from Zeref?

Back