• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Examining RWBY scaling for high tier characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, a new Tier seems entire appropriate. The Maidens are on a different legue than the rest of the cast.
No, theyre not. Pro huntsmen have multiple feats that put them on half maien level

WeeklyBattles said:
>One casual attack

Dude Cinder was actively trying to kill them it wasnt a casual attack at all
Nah. If I remember the scene right, she was just being told to get them away.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Yeah, a new Tier seems entire appropriate. The Maidens are on a different legue than the rest of the cast.
No, theyre not. Pro huntsmen have multiple feats that put them on half maien level
Oh? Feats? Link me some, I didn't know the huntsmen themselves have Tier 7 feats. And I'm not talking about scaling.

Hunting for her doesn't exactly mean "take her on in one-on-one combat and beat her". Her location was unknown at that point, so hunting her can simply mean finding her.

So... Watts is concerned because Qrow isn't going to fight quietly. Yeah, that's his main concern there.

Lastly... Qrow isn't talking exclusively about himself and Leo there. He's talking about himself, Leo, Ruby, Nora, Ren and Jaune. That's a different picture there.

Gargoyle One said:
Why would they scale to Vernal?
Raven trained Vernal and Qrow was able to fight Raven. (She wasn't using the Maiden's power during their fight, she was hiding her identity)

I find it hard to swallow that Raven without the Maiden's power is weaker than her student.

Damage3245 said:
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad you are open-minded about this at least.
I hope I don't come off as rude, I'm just a very passionate person and something I act before thinking. If I ever offended you in anyway then please know that I'm sorry.

Raven trained Vernal and Qrow was able to fight Raven. (She wasn't using the Maiden's power during their fight, she was hiding her identity)

I find it hard to swallow that Raven without the Maiden's power is weaker than her student.

Raven training Vernal doesn't mean anything for her tier it refers to her skill.

Ruby was trained by Qrow, she scales by that logic.

1. Hunt doesn't imply fight. She could have easily been referring to locating them. She has also overestimated Tyrian before, example being that Ruby was able to greatly injure him on her own.

2. Qrow isn't saying he is as or near as powerful as them. Plus, being able to take something down in a large group is hardly enough for a direct scaling, especially when it comes from a statement from someone who has never fought/taken a hit from a Maiden.

3. Damage explained how that's wrong better than I could have.

TheRustyOne said:
I hope I don't come off as rude, I'm just a very passionate person and something I act before thinking. If I ever offended you in anyway then please know that I'm sorry.
No worries, you haven't offended me. I'm just glad we can have this discussion without it being shut down.

You know I'm just suggesting we make changes just because I personally think a lot of the justifications going around are just... flimsy.

Gargoyle One said:
Raven training Vernal doesn't mean anything for her tier it refers to her skill.

Ruby was trained by Qrow, she scales by that logic.
You have that backwards, I'm saying the teacher should scale to the student, not the other way around.

So, since we're discussing on scaling to Vernal, I assume we are in agreement on not scaling to Half-Maiden?

8-B pro hunters seems far more reasonable.

8-B hunter pros also matches up with how the most powerful student attacks (Penny's Beam) are 8-B.

Hunters should also scale to that, too, tbh.

Seems reasonable that Raven without Maiden powers would a few tiers below (Cinder managed to jump from at least High 8-C to High 7-C just by gaining half of them).

So Qrow and Raven being equal fighters but a couple tiers below actual Maidens is reasonable.

Gargoyle One said:
That's a baseline 8B feat so it makes sense
I still think the storm should be calced, would be a good supporting feat at least
Yeah, that seems great.

I'll try and message some other admins and try and get some more support for this.

I'm surprised it hadn't been calced before seeing how early in the series it was.

Just to be clear, this won't downgrade Ozpin since he fought Full Maiden Cinder correct?

TheRustyOne said:
Just to be clear, this won't downgrade Ozpin since he fought Full Maiden Cinder correct?
No, I can't think of a reason why Ozpin would be downgraded.

I'm unsure right now, I think the statements we have can be used. But I also believe that Qrow and the others will be fighting Maidens one of these days so maybe it doesn't matter.

I'm positive that they'll fight Maiden's in the future so maybe that's why I'm calm about this. If they don't then that just means I was wrong.

I think 8-B via scaling to Vernal is fine.

Hey, if they fight Maiden's one on one and are seen as comparable on-screen, I'll be first in line to try and upgrade them.

But I do feel for now it would be safer to scale them to 8-B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back