• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Examining RWBY scaling for high tier characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
Again... you're just assuming knowledge that the characters should have. That isn't evidence.
It isn't assuming when we know that the people Cinder works for knows who Qrow is. How about you explain why Salem wouldn't tell Cinder about the only person who would be protecting Amber?

Dargoo Faust said:
The OP makes good sense.

I'm rather uncomfortable giving someone an entirely different Tier off of another character's reaction to them, as opposed to, y'know, actually scaling off them.
Its not just scaling off of a reaction, Cinder has fought people as well with only half the maiden's power and then killed the holder of the other half of her power

Salem, believe that Tyrian can bring her the Spring Maiden. Watts believed that Qrow would be able to fight off two Maidens long enough for someone to hear them fighting. Qrow belived that he and Leo can take on a Maiden along with Raven.

TheRustyOne said:
It isn't assuming when we know that the people Cinder works for, knows who Qrow was. How about you explain why Salem wouldn't tell Cinder about the only person who would be protecting Amber?
Since when was Qrow's official job to just protect Amber? Sorry, but I actually don't remember that being stated in the show.

And maybe Salem did tell Cinder about Qrow's existence, maybe not, but Cinder being aware of who Qrow is, isn't proof that Qrow is comparable to a Maiden.

Emerald and Mercury were able to avoid his sword when he swung at them, I assume he wasn't holding back then?

I would much rather have a new calc for the professional huntsmen rather than scaling them to something that is in-canon far beyond their level.

The best justification I've seen in this thread is just how Salem and Co. have reacted to them, which is laughable evidence for scaling or a tier.

WeeklyBattles said:
Its not just scaling off of a reaction, Cinder has fought people as well with only half the maiden's power and then killed the holder of the other half of her power
She killed Amber when Amber was in a borderline coma and in no place to defend herself - and was having her soul/aura drained from her.

That's not a solid feat.

Dargoo Faust said:
I would much rather have a new calc for the professional huntsmen rather than scaling them to something that is in-canon far beyond their level.

The best justification I've seen in this thread is just how Salem and Co. have reacted to them, which is laughable evidence for scaling or a tier.
My dude

Half maiden Cinder fought people

We arent just scaling to a reaction

Yes, Salem knows that only Raven and Qrow look out for Maidens. Ozpin choose them because he gave them the ability to turn into birds.

Salem even said that Qrow and Raven were Ozpin's eyes and with Qrow being poison, his last eye was now blind.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Damage It was flat out stated in the show that he was prtecting Amber...
Since when was protecting a character justification for scaling?

@Dargoo Are you reading what im saying to you? Or just ignoring the actual feats for no reason? Half Maiden Cinder fought Glynda in the first god damn episode of the series.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Are you reading what im saying to you? Or just ignoring the actual feats for no reason? Half Maiden Cinder fought Glynda in the first god damn episode of the series.

WeeklyBattles said:
Half maiden Cinder fought people

We arent just scaling to a reaction
How many people has Half Maiden Cinder fought?

Dargoo Faust said:
I haven't seen many examples of direct scaling at all here. Just conjecture about how the villians reacted to professional huntsmen.
Then look at the actual arguments why dont you? We're not scaling to a reaction.

TBH I don't think we should scale characters to storms, especialy one's made with magic

I do think that they are shown to be compawrable (ruining the whole point of it. Its pretty much jut a second semblance at this point, instead of an "unimaginable power").

WeeklyBattles said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Are you reading the OP?

"The problem with this is just being able to fight her isn't good reasoning.

Here is the entire fight between the two of them.

• Glynda does not land a single hit on Cinder for the entire fight.
  • Glynda blocks only a single fireball from Cinder the entire fight."

Weekly; Glynda gets her scaling almost entirely from fighting Cinder... That's not a feat for Cinder.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo Faust said:
I haven't seen many examples of direct scaling at all here. Just conjecture about how the villians reacted to professional huntsmen.
Then look at the actual arguments why dont you? We're not scaling to a reaction.
I am, Weekly.

I'm arguing against you because I agree with the OP, which already dismantled your point before you made it.

Blocking a casual, small, attack once, and then never fighting again is hardly enough for them to be remotely comparable.

It hasnt dismantled anything. Its repeatedly stated by several characters thorughout the series that pro huntsman are capable of fighting Maidens if they wor together

WeeklyBattles said:
It hasnt dismantled anything. Its repeatedly stated by several characters thorughout the series that pro huntsman are capable of fighting Maidens if they wor together
Can you link examples?

Even then those statements don't seem to be well-founded.

So you're going from individual pros can handle Maidens to multiple pro huntsmen working together can fight Maidens?

Salem, believe that Tyrian can bring her the Spring Maiden. Watts believed that Qrow would be able to fight off two Maidens long enough for someone to hear them fighting. Qrow belived that he and Leo can take on a Maiden along with Raven.

One casual attack is hardly enough to scale fully to an entire range of characters.

Salem, stated that Tyrian can bring her the Spring Maiden. Watts believed that Qrow would be able to fight off two Maidens long enough for someone to hear them fighting. Qrow belived that he and Leo can take on a Maiden along with Raven.

If Qrow and the others are downgraded, then they all become 8-B via scaling to Vernal.

One casual attack is hardly enough to scale fully to an entire range of characters.

>One casual attack

Dude Cinder was actively trying to kill them it wasnt a casual attack at all

Yeah, a new Tier seems entire appropriate. The Maidens are on a different legue than the rest of the cast.

It would be like saying Ruby scales to kid!Ospin because she was able to block hits from him in training.

TheRustyOne said:
If Qrow and the others are downgraded, then they all become 8-B via scaling to Vernal.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I am glad you are open-minded about this at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back