• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
19_2.jpeg

I really don't see how haki which can go through tremendous jumps when the user is pushed to their limits (Luffy when fighting kata) can match the growth speed of Escanor when he becomes massively stronger by doing absolutely nothing.

I'm not trying to dunk on haki but based on what ik I don't really see how you can argue this, especially when it's not a factor since Zoro can just use Shi Shi Son Son early in the match and win.
Well I’m arguing this because escanors stat amp won’t be as big as a factor as he said it was

Zoro did similar thing with Shishi sonson
Zoro had to get ****** up by Mr 1 first to be able to use it, Escanor can stand still and get that kind of boost
Yes Zoro specifically do… he gets stronger while fighting… the guy Zoro one shotted is able to tank 6-b attacks via his resistance to cutting
Scan?
It says extreme use in battle, Zoro didn't struggle against Pica so I doubt he could gain a boost because he didn't use haki to the point where it could be deemed "an extreme use"
Well I’m arguing this because escanors stat amp won’t be as big as a factor as he said it was
I understand but don't see how you can say haki or Zoro's stat amps are comparable when Escanor could go take a crap and come back massively stronger while Zoro needs to be pushed and as stated above needs to push his haki to extreme uses

Zoro did similar thing with Shishi sonson
a technique
literally all speeds
Yes Zoro specifically do… he gets stronger while fighting… the guy Zoro one shotted is able to tank low 6-b attacks via his resistance to cutting
But not THAT big of a difference lmao. Sure, he may get a bit stronger, but none of this is close to Escanor.

Either way, it's not like Luffy's growth with Haki was of that level against Katakuri, one of the toughest fights he's ever had. It really didn't seem to grow much at all besides getting future sight, but other than that there wasn't any amp of that level. You can say it gets big buffs but nothing about this was the kind of buffs Escanor has.

Zoro had to get ****** up by Mr 1 first to be able to use it, Escanor can stand still and get that kind of boost
Ok? Doesn’t matter… Zoro can fight him and get stronger or use haki and get stronger… what you said has nothing to do with him growing faster
It says extreme use in battle, Zoro didn't struggle against Pica that match so I doubt he could gain a boost because he didn't use haki to the point where it could be deemed "an extreme use"
And against stronger opponents… which escanor has ap advantage and will grow stronger aswell
19_3.jpeg

I understand but don't see how you can say haki or Zoro's stat amps are comparable when Escanor could go take a crap and come back massively stronger while Zoro needs to be pushed and as stated above needs to push his haki to extreme uses
Again what you are saying has nothing to with him getting stronger faster
It really didn't seem to grow much at all besides getting future sight, but other than that there wasn't any amp of that level. You can say it gets big buffs but nothing about this was the kind of buffs Escanor has.
16.jpeg
10_3.jpeg

Zoro's reactive power level isn't as good as Escanor's. The scan's you brought forward for haki are for for it's proficiency increasing when against a superior haki user.

Ok? Doesn’t matter… Zoro can fight him and get stronger or use haki and get stronger… what you said has nothing to do with him growing faster
Zoro has to undergo a difficult battle while Escanor doesn't have to do shit to receive massive power boosts, Zoro went from losing to Mr 1 to blitzing him after going through a hard battle with him and remembering his training. Escanor literally did nothing and went from fighting a character to being imperceptible to them without any effort needed because he passively gets stronger.
And against stronger opponents… which escanor has ap advantage and will grow stronger aswell
19_3.jpeg
Bro Zoro's Goken makes him cut through Escanor like butter and his observation haki and skill makes him dodge Escanor's attacks easily. Unless Escanor actually hits Zoro, how will he grow?
Again what you are saying has nothing to with him getting stronger faster

16.jpeg
10_3.jpeg
Tell me, who will get stronger faster?
The guy who does nothing and passively gets a huge power boost?
Or
The guy who needs to be challenged to receive a huge power boost?

My argument isn't that Escanor's growth speed literally faster but that he doesn't need to do anything to get similar boosts Zoro gets via high difficulty battles meaning Escanor has more access to boosts making him have more chances to grow then Zoro throughout the match making him grow faster than him.

Why do you need scan aswell then?
Because you are stating haki grows at a certain speed while the profile doesn't specify it but on Escanor's page it specifies that his growth is through letting the day progress which requires literally no actions from him

Bro Zoro's Goken makes him cut through Escanor like butter and his observation haki and skill makes him dodge Escanor's attacks easily. Unless Escanor actually hits Zoro, how will he grow?
By using haki he will grow… tho depending on how much he uses it…

By using haki he will grow… tho depending on how much he uses it…
Bro are you telling me that switching on haki and doing absolutely nothing will make it grow exponentially, please post a scan if your arguing this. Because Escanor literally does nothing and becomes exponentially stronger.

Again my first reply was to this
I mean yeah he has an ad advantage, and it becomes higher over-time. Not slowly, either, it's really ******* fast. Making the difference between being even with someone and cutting them in half pretty quickly if they're relative, going from being able to be reacted to to moving so fast the other person couldn't even perceive his attacks or even tell Escanor moved in like, 3 minutes. Especially since it's Mid Morning escanor, if Zoro doesn't kill him quick enough it'd probably be over for him just because of raw stats.
Zoro's reactive power lvl aswell which should be faster and probably better 🤷‍♂️ being able to one shot characters much higher dura than his ap in very short time, being able to fight animals that copied his fighting style perfectly and defeated all of them actively overcoming himself... One by one
By the way he was saying it, it didn’t sound impressive and I was pointing out Zoro has reactive power lvl so it would be as huge of a factor as he said it would.

I think it's a fairly simple fight, Zoro won't immediately use Shishi Sonson but he will try a normal slash first, If Escanor attacks Zoro it will be easy to avoid it because Escanor's ax attacks are not very creative and the attack variations are simple here Zoro's advantage, if the situation is urgent and wasting time Zoro will use Shishi Sonson like he did to Hody and Mr.1
Zoro can analyze Escanor's strength Zoro will most likely end this quickly, unless Escanor has high mobility in the morning.

It would be a big factor because the reactive power level aint near the speed of Escanor's passive growth.

I think it's a fairly simple fight, Zoro won't immediately use Shishi Sonson but he will try a normal slash first, If Escanor attacks Zoro it will be easy to avoid it because Escanor's ax attacks are not very creative and the attack variations are simple here Zoro's advantage, if the situation is urgent and wasting time Zoro will use Shishi Sonson like he did to Hody and Mr.1
Zoro can analyze Escanor's strength Zoro will most likely end this quickly, unless Escanor has high mobility in the morning.
Escanor doesn't have bad mobility, he's got pretty good mobility but he does let himself take hits a good bit.

Ok… but still wanna know how fast and stuff
Maybe I'm mistaken but I think this is an example of his reactive power level:
At first he was getting beaten easily by estarossa (Here)​
Only for him to grow stronger and beat him back easily (Here)​
There are other examples of this in the series to my knowledge but this was the first instance I found while skimming.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I think this is an example of his reactive power level:
At first he was getting beaten easily by estarossa (Here)​
Only for him to grow stronger and beat him back easily (Here)​
There are other examples of this in the series to my knowledge but this was the first instance I found while skimming.
Well, Escanor just gets stronger and it's not RPL but yeah.

You are comparing it to Escanor though, unless Zoro can simply exist with haki turned on how can you say

You must be more proud than Escanor to be able to post this without any scans backing it up
Again my first reply was to this

By the way he was saying it, it didn’t sound impressive and I was pointing out Zoro has reactive power lvl so it wouldn’t be as huge of a factor as he said it would.

It would be a big factor because the reactive power level aint near the speed of Escanor's passive growth.

Escanor doesn't have bad mobility, he's got pretty good mobility but he does let himself take hits a good bit.
He's so proud of his strength isn't? This is his weakness, he attack his opponent without thinking or analysing what his opponent posibly doing, he always playing with his opponent since he got hit enough to make him bleeding then increasing his physical stats and magic power. I think Zoro little bit aggressive than Escanor.

If Zoro's in character behaviour was to take his time in battle then Escanor's growth would be a factor but because Zoro uses Goken and in character goes for quick wins it is the only reason why he won't get beaten by Escanor's growth.

By the way he was saying it, it didn’t sound impressive and I was pointing out Zoro has reactive power lvl so it wouldn’t be as huge of a factor as he said it would.

You used Zoro's reactive power level as an argument to counter Escanor's insinuating that it can match it, especially when you say it's better later on. It isn't what makes Escanor's growth not a factor it is the fact that in character Zoro won't let Escanor reach that level of growth.

Even if escanors is much faster than Zoro, pre time skip Zoro has fought people that is FTE to him and is able to keep up with only skill and they guy Zoro was fighting also had some type of obs haki. Zoro can also react to him via obs haki aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back