• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I'm not gonna judge you for that so that's understandable mate, don't sweat it.

Fortunately I had the craziest bio and Chem professor
Thanks although I not sure if vaporizing steel can just been done by plasma torches since the source I linked mentioned it came from Laser evaporation or something I think.

However, on double checking on the source, it is in 1984 which is outdated here.

Welp I gonna find a newer science source for this stuff.

That's laser evaporation, so it's not applicable. Akainu doesn't use laser from a source such as a laser, his is only heat based so it's applicable to the torches which don't utilize lasers. I'm not even sure the full context of the lasers since I've only skimmed over it, but they're inherently different.

Plasma torches >>> Lasers.

That's laser evaporation, so it's not applicable. Akainu doesn't use laser from a source such as a laser, his is only heat based so it's applicable to the torches which don't utilize lasers. I'm not even sure the full context of the lasers since I've only skimmed over it, but they're inherently different.

Plasma torches >>> Lasers.
I do find it funny the temperature of a plasma torch > Laser ngl.

Is there any temperature that Escanor has been estimated to be at? I think Zoro's best heat resistance was the lightning from Enel so is there anything Escanor has done that is around or above that level?

Is there any temperature that Escanor has been estimated to be at? I think Zoro's best heat resistance was the lightning from Enel so is there anything Escanor has done that is around or above that level?
Nah this whole getting hit by lightning means he has high resistance to heat is wrong.
I have seen someone who got struck dead by lightning and his body did not vaporise it was just charred similar to how zoro was after he was struck by enel lightning

Nah this whole getting hit by lightning means he has high resistance to heat is wrong.
I have seen someone who got struck dead by lightning and his body did not vaporise it was just charred similar to how zoro was after he was struck by enel lightning
Casual enel enough to melt large amount of Gold, gold melting point is above 1000 °c , he could melting bunch of hold just by touched its. This is safe to assume that Enel Lightning is hotter than Sun Surface as hot as real lightning bolts. Enel Lightning doesn't enough to kill Zoro. Even Luffy who was hit by Enel's hot melt Gold attack just looks like someone who was hit by a hot coffee spill.

Casual enel enough to melt large amount of Gold, gold melting point is above 1000 °c , he could melting bunch of hold just by touched its. This is safe to assume that Enel Lightning is hotter than Sun Surface as hot as real lightning bolts. Enel Lightning doesn't enough to kill Zoro. Even Luffy who was hit by Enel's hot melt Gold attack just looks like someone who was hit by a hot coffee spill.
Yeah my dude was also hit by an actual lightning and he did not melt, I am saying getting hit by lightning =\= resistant to heat

I know, but that's not make any sense, Lighting had heat, so basically you say that Lighting could transfer its heat to a metal but not on human body?

I know, but that's not make any sense, Lighting had heat, so basically you say that Lighting could transfer its heat to a metal but not on human body?
Idk, but I am saying treating getting hit by lightning as a higher resistance than things that melt steel immediately is wrong

It should be noted that for real electricity enduring a lightning strike usually doesn't require durability equal to the lightnings full energy. There are two reasons for that:
  1. The lightning will usually take only a certain path through the body. Along that path there can be strong burns, but the rest can be largely unaffected.
  2. The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance.
Due to this, and possibly other” in regards to the Wiki’s standards of lightning feats

Not really, I'm just arguing on the steel stuff because Akainu was brought up. Zoro's resistance doesn't scale to Akainu's stuff.
Oh, a bit late, but according to Akainu’s profile, it say “melting” rather than “vaporizing”.
Just by forming an attack, the heat coming off his body has been shown to melt steel weapons around him. With his power running for a ten day battle, it is powerful enough to permanently change the weather of one half of an island into a blazing inferno that embroils even the surrounding sea)

So unless I am mistaken, it is in need of a minor CRT to clarify whatever Akainu is actually vaporizing steel or not as well as showing instances of him vaporizing steel I think.

At 2:47 Zoro has lightning hit him and he is getting struck by the lightning for 6 seconds in the video and is getting hit by so much lightning that he has an entire aura of it around him and lightning bolts emitting from his body.

Can you tell me if the dude struck dead by lightning was struck and getting charged by lightning for 6 seconds straight and was struck with so much lightning that there was an aura around him?

Oh, a bit late, but according to Akainu’s profile, it say “melting” rather than “vaporizing”.
Just by forming an attack, the heat coming off his body has been shown to melt steel weapons around him. With his power running for a ten day battle, it is powerful enough to permanently change the weather of one half of an island into a blazing inferno that embroils even the surrounding sea)

So unless I am mistaken, it is in need of a minor CRT to clarify whatever Akainu is actually vaporizing steel or not as well as showing instances of him vaporizing steel I think.
Not sure why KobsterHope07 changed it 🤔

4.png

Just by being close to his magma it vaporized steel

Without context most of this thread was essentially discussing a literal hot guy and if his opponent can resist him.

Either way I think Zoro does take this judging by the above mentioned (and surprisingly well researched/constructive) arguments.

Btw does Escanor getting more powerful as time passes be a factor at all?

Leaning towards Zoro via able to utilize weaknesses on the spot nearly instantly, Crazy skill and Observation Haki + his insane skill predicting/dodging

Pretty sure for anime/manga logic its treated as different so you'd get lightning resist for tanking it vlbut im not sure it'd give you heat resist aswell

Not sure why KobsterHope07 changed it 🤔

4.png

Just by being close to his magma it vaporized steel
Hmmmm, when it comes to magma in real life, it usually melts the metals that get put into it and as far as I am aware, there isn’t any statements about Akainu vaporizing the steel.

Also judging by that scan, that seems to being melting the metal rather than outright vaporizing although it is probably from the way it was drawn if anything.

How is that melting 😑 it's literally gone and reduced to nothing
Reduced to a gaseous state to being more accurate.

From what I looking at the scan with Akainu, we can see piece of steel swords being melted off during the part of Akainu’s attempt on killing Luffy.
This is melting
9.jpg
10.jpg
I don’t think that count as melting when it comes to Kuma though. It look like it got pulverized or fragmented into small pieces.

Either way, we are technically derailing the versus thread between Zoro vs Escanor anyway.

Also not voting since I not that familiar with Escanor anyway.

I don’t think that count that as melting when it comes to Kuma though. It look like it got pulverized or fragmented into small pieces.

Either way, we are technically derailing the versus thread between Zoro vs Escanor anyway.

Also not voting since I not that familiar with Escanor anyway.
ZORO LITERALLY SAID IT MELTED... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT 😤
Reduced to a gaseous state to being more accurate.
Yes I know but we can't really see that...
From what I looking at the scan with Akainu, we can see piece of steel swords being melted off during the part of Akainu’s attempt on killing Luffy.
I can see pieces of steel flying upwords, reducing it to nothing/ash.

ZORO LITERALLY SAID IT MELTED... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT 😤

Yes I know but we can't really see that...

I can see pieces of steel flying upwords, reducing it to nothing/ash.
Oh, didn’t notice the part about Zoro talking about the metal being melted.

Also in the case of the Akainu’s scan, I think it is more like to being melted into a liquid like state if anything, but I digress since again we can probably do something about one involving Akainu’s feat of melting or vaporizing steel in a different thread. Should been a minor CRT thread anyway.

Also in the case of the Akainu’s scan, I think it is more like to being melted into a liquid like state if anything, but I digress since again we can probably do something about one involving Akainu’s feat of melting or vaporizing steel in a different thread. Should been a minor CRT thread anyway.
You can see very small piece flying in the air... How is that melting 😑

This is sorta derailing, have we established Zoro can withstand escanor presence passive heat manip?

This is sorta derailing, have we established Zoro can withstand escanor presence passive heat manip?
I think this was the main debacle here before it got derailed to vaporizing steel and Akainu.

Apologies for that.

Anyway, I don’t think so as this matchup does seem to heavily relied on Zoro’s heat resistance at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back