• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said what part of the sun the guide is referring. Even just the surface is already a feat of temperature more powerfull than at least most of Op characters
We literally told you that Akainu's passive aura vaporized steel instantly, also take into account that's just his passive aura (easily over 3700 C), making him much hotter than the surface of the Sun.

Lightning is almost 5x hotter than the sun's surface and Enel shocked Zoro with it and Zoro iirc stayed conscious/standing therefore this shouldn't apply to Zoro
This is electricity resistance. I've never seen honestly lightning resistance being heat resistance at the same time, at least on the website
We literally told you that Akainu's passive aura vaporized steel instantly, also take into account that's just his passive aura (easily over 3700 C), making him much hotter than the surface of the Sun.
I want the source that vaporizing metal instantly is a greater heat than the sun. Vaporizing instantaneously does not make it a higher temperature. When something reaches its maximum heat point the object will be changed in an instant as far as I know

This is electricity resistance. I've never seen honestly lightning resistance being heat resistance at the same time, at least on the website

I want the source that vaporizing metal instantly is a greater heat than the sun. Vaporizing instantaneously does not make it a higher temperature. When something reaches its maximum heat point the object will be changed in an instant as far as I know
I explicitly said the surface of the sun, not the core of the sun. Also, allow me to pose a similar question, do you have any idea at what temperature it needs to vaporize steel?

I explicitly said the surface of the sun, not the core of the sun. Also, allow me to pose a similar question, do you have any idea at what temperature it needs to vaporize steel?
Anyway, that is out of the way, vaporizing steel into a gas will probably been safe to say it is around 5,000 degree F or less so not that high compared to say lightning if anything.

• Melting point of stainless steel: 2750°F/1510°C
  • Melting point of steel (carbon): 2500-2800°F/1371-1540°C
Just for the question relating to vaporizing steel to get a idea.
Stainless steel.

Anyway, that is out of the way, vaporizing steel into a gas will probably been safe to say it is around 5,000 degree F so not that high compared to say lightning if anything.
Aight, time to downgrade Amaterasu if that's the case.

What? Did you read what you wrote before you send it? Vaporizing something instantly does indeed require a higher temperature, it's the difference between reaching the boiling point and skipping that step all together to instantly Vaporize.

Vaporizing steel is only possible via Plasma Arc Torch's which burn 50000 °F. This is a lowball if anything considering these torches need time to vaporize steel, Akainu vaporized a steel sword instantly with his mere presence.

That's false, the figure you used is for melting and boiling points.
The figure being used is indeed for melting and boiling is technically a melting point of a liquid to a gas if memories served me right.

However, since we talking about steel which is considered a solid, I not sure if what you say is completely true, but all the same time I have to see how this goes.

The figure being used is indeed for melting and boiling is technically a melting point of a liquid to a gas if memories served me right.
They have different meaning, like they can't even be compared in the slightest.
Vaporization is the transitional phase of an element as it changes from a liquid phase into a gas phase at a point greater than the boiling point. Evaporation is the transition from the liquid phase to the gas phase that takes place below the boiling temperature.
However, since we talking about steel which is considered a solid, I not sure if what you say is completely true, but all the same time I have to see how this goes.
It's considered a solid until you vaporize it, making it a gas.

Vaporization is the transitional phase of an element as it changes from a liquid phase into a gas phase at a point greater than the boiling point. Evaporation is the transition from the liquid phase to the gas phase that takes place below the boiling temperature.

Your point specifically mentioned boiling when the figures I used directly mentioned to being the melting points of metals, specifically steel.

Also it has been awhile since I take a chemistry class IIRC so thanks for the refresher at least.

The boiling point =/= vaporization. Bringing something to its boiling point isn't the same as vaporization, not sure how you even got the two confused.

Haki. Even a nameless vice admiral could resist Ace's extremely hot flames and heat. Ace even said it himself his flames doesn't work on him, but he ain't catching these hands. Also, cough Doffy, Queen and plenty more Characters who resist Sanji and Ace's flames via Haki.
Ah yes Haki. The answer to all our One Piece problems. Makes sense.

“The saturated- vapor pressure curves of stainless steel (s.s.) and molybdenum have been experimentally determined in the temperature ranges of 2800 - 3900 K and 4500 - 5200 K, respectively. In case of the other metals the normal boiling points have been verified. The stainless steel used in the experiments “

So basically over 4,800 degrees F is specifically enough to vaporizing stainless steel.

Yes, and I went to the second page of google and didn't find what you say. I just want to know the source
CHECK THE COMMENT. I literally linked it there, how are you missing it? That tells me you either aren't even reading far into it, or you just aren't reading it at all. **** sake it's literally even on the page that you highlighted. How are you gonna source something and not even bother reading it?

Plasma Arc torches are the only thing capable of outright vaporizing steel and other metals.

“The saturated- vapor pressure curves of stainless steel (s.s.) and molybdenum have been experimentally determined in the temperature ranges of 2800 - 3900 K and 4500 - 5200 K, respectively. In case of the other metals the normal boiling points have been verified. The stainless steel used in the experiments “

So basically over 4,800 degrees F is specifically enough to vaporizing stainless steel.
That's for nuclear reactors and lasers.

Again I'm gonna ask you to actually know the context of which your talking about before posting it. That's also for vapor pressure, not outright vaporization.

The energy of the plasma jet and thus the temperature depends upon the electrical power employed to create arc plasma. A typical value of temperature obtained in a plasma jet torch is on the order of 28000 °C (50000 °F), compared to about 5500 °C (10000 °F) in ordinary electric welding arc. All welding arcs are (partially ionized) plasmas, but the one in plasma arc welding is a constricted arc plasma.

I literally linked it there
The link you show says that:

The plasma arc welding and cutting process was invented by Robert M. Gage in 1953 and patented in 1957. The process was unique in that it could achieve precision cutting and welding on both thin and thick metals. It was also capable of spray coating hardening metals onto other metals. One example was the spray coating of the turbine blades of the moon bound Saturn rocket.[1]

However it does not say that it is only at 25000C that the steel vaporizes

The link you show says that:

However it does not say that it is only at 25000C that the steel vaporizes
Plasma Arc torches are the only thing capable of actually vaporizing steel. No other torches are capable of reaching the same temperature.

So yeah, Escanor's fire doesn't have shit in comparison to that.

I just look it up on Google specifically on the link I am about to post here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tem...teel&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Also I am rather curious as there is no set temperature on vaporizing steel as far as I am aware.

Fair enough since I probably got confused there although speaking of vapor pressure

I just look it up on Google specifically on the link I am about to post here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tem...teel&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Also I am rather curious as there is no set temperature on vaporizing steel as far as I am aware.
.... so are you purposely just going to ignore the link on Plasam Torches I showed you? There is a set temperature to vaporize steel (mind you at a slow and small rate.), that being 50000F.

Plasma Arc torches are the only thing capable of actually vaporizing steel. No other torches are capable of reaching the same temperature.
I mean, what is the temperature of other torches? The website doesn't say anything like that.

Also It is said:
Plasma arc welding is an arc welding process wherein coalescence is produced by the heat obtained from a constricted arc setup between a tungsten/alloy tungsten electrode and the water-cooled (constricting) nozzle (non-transferred arc) or between a tungsten/alloy tungsten electrode and the job (transferred arc)
It is a very specific process and I don't know whether or not it is possible for a human being to create a machine that reaches between 5000C and 28000C. Maybe it's the only thing that can vaporize, but I don't know if that means that the vaporization point is exactly 28000C. Like, the method can take it to 28000C, but isn't there some other method that reaches a temperature like 10000C

.... so are you purposely just going to ignore the link on Plasam Torches I showed you? There is a set temperature to vaporize steel (mind you at a slow and small rate.), that being 50000F.
Nah, since I have to get a refresher once more. Also, 50,000? While I not sure if what you say is actually true or not as we not talking about irl plasma torches. We talking about a fictional character melting or to being more accurate, vaporizing steel.

So again, as mentioned, I do not know if it is agreed on there being a “set temperature” on vaporizing steel.

We actually need a source on that rather than a assumption is actually the set temperature range for steel being vaporized.

I mean, what is the temperature of other torches? The website doesn't say anything like that.
Because the page isn't for all torches, these are the hottest in the world. They don't mention the other Because this page isn't meant for other torches.

That's like me putting in Goku stomping General Blue in his Low 2-C justification.
Also It is said:

It is a very specific process and I don't know whether or not it is possible for a human being to create a machine that reaches between 5000C and 28000C. Maybe it's the only thing that can vaporize, but I don't know if that means that the vaporization point is exactly 28000C.
It's already been done and I'd hate to break it to you bud, we've already created shit that burns at even higher temperatures. The process is hardly relevant, the end result is what's relevant. If that's the only temperature that can manage to do so, and only in small portions then we can logically assume that type of temperature is needed to outright vaporize steel. Akainu did the same thing, instantly and at a much higher degree.
Nah, since I have to get a refresher once more. Also, 50,000? While I not sure if what you say is actually true or not as we not talking about irl plasma torches. We talking about a fictional character melting or to being more accurate, vaporizing steel.
Listen I'm gonna be respectful here, but I'm getting pretty tired of giving you "refreshers." In this thread. I'm not your chem teacher, I don't need to spoon feed you every bit of information like I'm teaching a class. Also what's "I'm not sure if what your saying is true or not" suppose to bloody mean? Because I'd really appreciate if you didn't insinuate that I'm lying. It being fiction doesn't matter, we still apply real world physics to fiction all the time.
So again, as mentioned, I do not know if it is agreed on there being a “set temperature” on vaporizing steel.
And I've already provided information on that. If you wanna ignore it thats your fault, the information is there you just aren't listening to it.
We actually need a source on that rather than a assumption is actually the set temperature range for steel being vaporized.
I've already provided a scientific source, stop being purposely dismissive of evidence. I gave you a verified source, the temperature of vaporizing steel requires temperatures of 50000F.

Because the page isn't for all torches, these are the hottest in the world. They don't mention the other Because this page isn't meant for other torches.

That's like me putting in Goku stomping General Blue in his Low 2-C justification.

It's already been done and I'd hate to break it to you bud, we've already created shit that burns at even higher temperatures. The process is hardly relevant, the end result is what's relevant. If that's the only temperature that can manage to do so, and only in small portions then we can logically assume that type of temperature is needed to outright vaporize steel. Akainu did the same thing, instantly and at a much higher degree.

Listen I'm gonna be respectful here, but I'm getting pretty tired of giving you "refreshers." In this thread. I'm not your chem teacher, I don't need to spoon feed you every bit of information like I'm teaching a class. Also what's "I'm not sure if what your saying is true or not" suppose to bloody mean? Because I'd really appreciate if you didn't insinuate that I'm lying. It being fiction doesn't matter, we still apply real world physics to fiction all the time.

And I've already provided information on that. If you wanna ignore it thats your fault, the information is there you just aren't listening to it.

I've already provided a scientific source, stop being purposely dismissive of evidence. I gave you a verified source, the temperature of vaporizing steel requires temperatures of 50000F.
Fair enough, but at the same time, I don’t see how that is a set requirement in vaporizing . That is like saying “oh hey look it is rock solid requirement” since other than plasma torches, the next best thing we can get is melting steel.

Also that reminds me since I already ask this once, but can you post scans and I mean scans of Akainu vaporizing steel?

Last edited:
I mean I'm not gonna judge you for that so that's understandable mate, don't sweat it.

Fortunately I had the craziest bio and Chem professor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back