• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eggman Tier 5 Durabillity Upgrade

This is a continuation of this thread.

First, I'm going to compile many Eggman boss fights (not all of them since that would be absurd) and show how many of them have him take drect hits from the 5-B/5-A Sonic cast.
Sonic 1:

In every boss except the final one, Eggman is fighting from his Egg mobile without anything protecting his body. He could've had a cockpit to shield his entire body, but despite his I.Q of 300, he apparantly didn't find that necessary. This is a common trend you'll see accross all of his boss fights. You'll also notice that he can tank the destruction of whatever machine he's in (including, but not limited to the Egg Mobile), despite the fact that said machine can fight on par with a 5-B/5-A character and tank hits from them.

Sonic 2:

Not only does every Eggman boss fight in that game except for the Death Egg Robot not have his body shielded by a cockpit of any kind, but the game specifically encourages you to hit Eggman directly by having him at a height low enough for Sonic to spin attack the top of his mechs.

Sonic 3:

For once, Eggman actually does have a cockpit to protect him... but only sometimes, and he still survives the explosions of his mechs while he's inside them, which means that his durabillity should still scale.

Sonic Adventure:

Once again, all 3 of Eggman's boss fights have him unprotected and taking direct hits from the main cast, aside from the Egg Walker which only requires Tails to take down the legs. More notably however, is Eggman's feat of surviving the crash and explosion of the Egg Viper at 10:18, which is once again a planetary durabillity feat since the Egg Viper can shrug off hits from Sonic.

Sonic Adventure 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uv0YYHO0Oo

Eggman is never protected by a cockpit throughout the entire game, even though the Egg Walker could really use such protection. This includes his 1 on 1 mech fights with Tails, in which he tanks his missiles, homing shots, and laser. Tails's weapons from his mech should upscale from, or at the very least be equal to, his own attack potency.

Shadow The Hedgehog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HViQ3qHrhKE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvZCbVflKwk

No cockpit in either of these bosses either. He can survive direct hits from Shadow, whether physical or via weapons. Most notably, the Egg Dealer (which he for some reason states is his greatest creation) can blast Eggman himself with missiles and bombs upon malfunctioning. The same missiles and bombs that were designed to damage planet level characters like Shadow. He can also tank a point blank chaos blast from the latter.

Sonic Lost World:

This feat has been calculated to building level, but this is actually a 5-A feat once again. The explosion obliterated a machine that could physically contend with post-Generations Sonic into visibly nothing.

There's even more feats to be seen, but I think my point is made

Striking & Lifting Strenght Upgrade:

His AP should probably be higher into the wall level class than it currently is. Smashing a wall of ice isn't his most impressive feat. He straight up punches away cars a good distance in Sonic Riders like they're nothing (At 0:36):

His lifting strenght also warrants an upgrade. In SA2, he can lift the entire weight of his Egg Walker while keeping his grip on a pulley (at 40:47):

I'm pretty sure this is at least a class 1 feat considering how casual it is. "Superhuman" is a placeholder for his lifting strenght until an actual feat is found anyway, so this might be the best one to go off of.

Conclusion: Eggman's durabillity should be upgraded to 5-A, while his striking strenght should be higher into Wall Level than it currently is and his lifting strenght should be at least Class 1. However, they both need to be calculated in order to figure out how impressive they are exactly.

Agreement:
10 (JJSliderman, ElixirBlue, Oleggator, Maverick_Zero_X, Gilad Hyperstar, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Theuser789, Starsprite53, JED, LordJJJ)
Disagreement: 0

Last edited:
Honestly, considering Chronicles, I think you can argue Eggman having some level of 5-B AP by himself, but I feel like it's not the best time.

Let's just wait for other people to agree with these upgrades first. It's safe to assume that you agree, so that's a good start.

Last edited:
I didn't know Eggman had the same speed reactions as the other characters in Sonic Riders.

His reaction speed allows him to tag Sonic even outside of Riders, so it's already consiatant even without it, but yeah.
This thread isn't about Eggman's speed anyway.

I do agree there is a lot of scaling for Eggman to the cast.

Heck, I can't recall an anti-feat that would make Dr. Eggman not scale.

I do agree there is a lot of scaling for Eggman to the cast.

Heck, I can't recall an anti-feat that would make Dr. Eggman not scale.
Me neither!! You can even see my confusion in the original question thread. How did Eggman's durabillity stay so low for so long?

I don't think so. Otherwise, the upgrades would have already been added to his profile. I'm not qualified to calc them, but based on my estimations, they should allow Eggman to be higher into Wall Level than he already is and give him solidly Class 1 lifting strenght. If JJSliderman's tier 5 upgrade for Eggman (physcially) gets accepted however, the first one is kind of irrelevant, but if someone wants to calc them, that would be great, because they are legitimate feats.

I don't think so. Otherwise, the upgrades would have already been added to his profile. I'm not qualified to calc them, but based on my estimations, they should allow Eggman to be higher into Wall Level than he already is and give him solidly Class 1 lifting strenght. If JJSliderman's tier 5 upgrade for Eggman (physcially) gets accepted however, the first one is kind of irrelevant, but if someone wants to calc them, that would be great, because they are legitimate feats.

They can't be accepted as an upgrade till they have a calc behind it.

Durability has scaling, lifting strength and striking would need a calc to be accepted

They can't be accepted as an upgrade till they have a calc behind it.

Durability has scaling, lifting strength and striking would need a calc to be accepted
I'll wait for someone to volunteer I guess. At least now the feats are known to the public. I don't really care how long it takes for someone to calc it as long as it happens eventually.

This is making me respect those who do calcs even more than I used to. These guys carry the VS community on thier back. We couldn't do shit without them.

How can we get someone to calc the two feats? Is there a place where we can submit calcs?
I believe there's a thread called "calculation request thread".
Though it's not high likely people would notice and begin calculating there's a chance.

I've got greatly Ninja'd but ye.

My only problem with an Eggman AP upgrade is that it doesn't really make much sense that he is physically stronger than his machines, but feats are feats

My only problem with an Eggman AP upgrade is that it doesn't really make much sense that he is physically stronger than his machines, but feats are feats
You mean the tier 5 AP upgrades? I agree. At best, he MASSIVELY downscales from them, but if Chronicles is the only game that implies he's physically comparable, then I still don't buy it.
I believe there's a thread called "calculation request thread".
Though it's not high likely people would notice and begin calculating there's a chance.

I've got greatly Ninja'd but ye.
Thanks.

A lot of Eggman's above tier 5 scaling AP-wise is from stuff like that, non-story sources that still occur gameplay-wise

5-B Eggman, what a ******* world we live in, where a loli solos 99% of fiction and ******* human scientists are 5-B physically lol

I would maybe say like 5-B with weapons since in Chronicles and Riders Eggman uses stuff like wrenches or guns or...megaphones, to hurt enemies.

I realize it sounds crazy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back