• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No I mean, it mught make him stronger than his machines currently, unless we also upgrade them to his AP
Wait, didn’t we talk about the scaling the other day? Eggman wouldn’t be stronger than his machines because of Shadow’s karate chop(and to note he let out a long cry when it happened, implying he didn’t die as quickly as Saitama’s monsters), but would still scale to surviving the destruction of said machines.

Oh. Honestly, I don't eve think it's that wierd for Eggman's badniks to be slightly weaker than him. He does mass produce them after all. If not, you could try to upgrade badniks by scaling them to Eggman. Either way, his feat is valid.

I meant regular badniks
Well, if we want, we can upgrade the regular badniks then. But there is nothing in the lore that scales Badniks to Eggman and vice versa.

If you think its weird Eggman is many tiers above his badniks, I can say its even weirder he keeps sending those Badniks out to fight Sonic, time and time again, if they can't even hurt Sonic and Co.

I agree with upgrade, Eggman not scaling in Durability and speed to the cast was always something I didn't understand

Alright. I guess whoever can access the Eggman profile should add the durabillity upgrade now. I'll submt the two calcs to the calc team when I have the time.

Alright. I guess whoever can access the Eggman profile should add the durabillity upgrade now. I'll submt the two calcs to the calc team when I have the time.
Ah! We need staff to look it over. We can’t ruin any CRT on bad faith

I'll also mention that there's also Eggman fighting with no robotics shielding him at all in Mania against the same machine he used back in Sonic 3 against Sonic and Tails.

I'll also mention that there's also Eggman fighting with no robotics shielding him at all in Mania against the same machine he used back in Sonic 3 against Sonic and Tails.
That is actually true, since the bombs he throws in thar boss fight can hurt the Sonic cast, and Eggman can take hits from the machine

I already agree with the possibly Tier 5 durability upgrade. It is fairly consistent that Eggman survives the destruction of his mechs exploding, and said mechs are designed to go toe to toe with Sonic and the crew and possibly even overpower them. Even taking inverse square law into account, it would be in the Tier 5 ballpark. It is true that Eggman rarely uses cockpits for his mechs, especially in the classic era, but I was looking at the animations and Sonic usually seems to attack the mech specially rather than Eggman.

But throughout Shadow the Hedgehog, he regularly seemed threatened by some fodder gun soldiers and always asked Shadow to take them out. And in the various alternate endings, Shadow kills Eggman with a single karate chop, though it was after he was weakened by Egg Dealer's toppling. I agree the size of the explosion should just be assumed the tier of the mechs self destructing rather than standard explosion calculators. But I think having a low end being scaled from striking strength and high end scaling from Sonic crew for durability is a reasonable compromise. The Striking strength on the other hand, those above examples should be calculated, like the ice shattering one. And against scaling him to Tier 5 in AP outright, it would pretty much hurt the consistency of Eggman's tactics. He pretty much always needs to pilot a giant mech in order to even stand a chance against the Sonic team.

Basically what I got for now.

But throughout Shadow the Hedgehog, he regularly seemed threatened by some fodder gun soldiers and always asked Shadow to take them out.
Tbf Eggman is never facing them directly, or even in the area in some cases, he simple wants Shadow to help his army beat the other army, but i already said in the previous thread I agree with your proposal

Honestly, I STILL think an outright tier 5 rank is more reasonable for his durabillity. There's litterally nothing to contradict it. To say that Eggman seemed threatened by some GUN soliders and that therefore he shouldn't have 5-A durabillity is just as good of an argument as to say that Black Doom is 9-B because he asks Shadow to take out gun soliders for him. Besides, Eggman didn't seem threatened to begin with. Is there a single statement that indicates otherwise?

I just don't see the point of giving Eggman such a wide variable durabillity tier when it's so consistant. Archie Eggman is allowed to be Low 2-C physically, and he barely has more going for him than the game version in terms of scaling to the main cast in durabillity, so what's the issue?

Last edited:
That's true, idk if there's any 5-A scaling since Eggman only fought using protected mechs against modern Sonic, but there's still this part of DDM's comment:
It is fairly consistent that Eggman survives the destruction of his mechs exploding, and said mechs are designed to go toe to toe with Sonic and the crew and possibly even overpower them. Even taking inverse square law into account, it would be in the Tier 5 ballpark.
I agree the size of the explosion should just be assumed the tier of the mechs self destructing rather than standard explosion calculators.
Which would still scale him to 5-A, but the variable tier is fine for me

Classic Sonic is 5-B+, not 5-A.
I am fine with Medeus's proposals.
I know, but Eggman's durabillity feat in Lost World is 5-A. If a variable tier is to be aplied, the most reasonable one would be 5-B+ to 5-A, but at this point, I'd be willing to settle for less if someone could just give me the slightest decent reason why Eggman's tier 5 scaling isn't consistant enough for a concrete durabillity upgrade with no variable tier.

Yeah sure, Planet level Durability for Eggman, I mean he survives getting hit by Sonic all the time

Yeah sure, Planet level Durability for Eggman, I mean he survives getting hit by Sonic all the time
Alright. By the way, I see you're in the calculation group. Would you be interested in calcing one of Eggman's feats, whether the lifting strenght or striking strenght one?
If not, that's fine. I'll just submit them to the calculation request thread, but they're unlikely to be done anytime soon since they're only calcs of type 2 priority (his feats would also scale to Eggman Nega and the G.U.N Commander)

It would feel weird if Eggman would have 5-A Dura and 9-B AP. Are you sure he never harmed himself or traded blows with someone who can hurt him

Surprisingly, I can't recall a single instance of that happening. In Sonic Riders, he does hurt other racers by using... megaphones (?) if I recall correctly, but that would make the weapon tier 5, not him. As for Eggman harming himself, there's not much to go off of either. It's not like he's the only character on the Wiki who's a stone wall, but they are admittidly pretty rare.

Tho, it will be weird that Dr. Eggman matches Sonic in Durability and speed(a later time) but not AP but eh. That’s how it is.

Tho, it will be weird that Dr. Eggman matches Sonic in Durability and speed(a later time) but not AP but eh. That’s how it is.
Are you sure about speed tho? That’s honestly a bit too much. Dr. Wily, who also outran mega man consistently, didnt have it accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back