• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Episode Discussion Thread 64: I broke Red's Streak (huehue) and it's time for the bittersweet ending of Super.

Supes singing feat was basically some frequency matching and cancelling thing. It doesn't exactly qualify as DC so I don't even consider it an outlier.

A MASSIVE power-up . Sort of his own version of Goku's Ultra Instinct and is exponentially breaking his limits whenever he uses it. He went from being far weaker than Dominus to his attacks being ineffective in a moments notice . .If Screwattack used THAT, Goku's gone.

@AKM Your right.... It was BS, but.... It is still a legitimate canon thing he did, and not an outlier since he can only be that strong with the technique. .

I don't think they will make a Goku v Superman again. They might use Goku against someone and make him win cause damage control and to show that they are unbiased and not some fanboys.

Neither do I. However, i would love to see them attempt to animate that techinique against Goku's UI . That would actually be incredible. That does sound like something they would doo though... XD

Poinciana1971 said:
"What's a DB minute? They talk and fight for like a 30 minute episode, but that's only a minute on the clock."

"Super is inconsistent. It's dropping in power, in a way."

"The GoDs have enough power to destroy the universe just by punching at each other. If Goku in UI had that same power then as they are fighting in the ToP, they would have destroyed all the universes. It's just inconsistent."

LOL these arguments are done repeatedly on the internet either by downplayers or some kids who are new to DB. To think these people do death battles! SMH

Ryukama said:
Sadly their popularity is too great, and people will continue taking anything they say as absolute fact.
Believe it or not, the community on the Screwattack forums are pretty good at seeing through Death Battle's BS. Most people there accept Dragon Ball's current level of power.

It's usually only in the youtube comment sections that people are too trusting in SA.

Dante vs Bayonetta is the most blatant example of this. Pretty sure most called out their BS while the Youtube comments praised them when Dante won. Meanwhile when Vergil lost, suddenly the DMC fans started getting uppity while the forums were happy they didn't screw that match up.

@Melee And that is where the vast majority of their popularity comes from.

"The GoDs have enough power to destroy the universe just by punching at each other. If Goku in UI had that same power then as they are fighting in the ToP, they would have destroyed all the universes. It's just inconsistent."

Except the Tournament of Power takes place outside the multiverse. How would their clash have destroyed all the universes lol

They are so stupid... Why can't they get something so simple ?! If someone said to them that even if Superman did have Infinite power he would still lose to a lot of people.

As most of us know, there's levels of Infinity and the way they are portraying their Infinite Superman is only about I don't know High 3-A ? 2-C ?

If they want to play it that way, why don't they bring up Goku shaking infinity? or surpassing a 4-D being who became a freaking STC?

Screwattack: "You can't shake infinite nothing and powerscaling is trash lulullulu"

Most people don't really understand our tiering system. I saw some guy on /r/CharacterRant complaining about dimensional tiering saying (9,8,9,0) is obviously longer than (1,1,1,1), completely failing to comprehend that they're both just points, and even if you assume that they're lines extending from the origin they'd only be 1-D.

Seriously, I saw a video named everything wrong with Death Battle and he said that the problem is that Ben Singer and most of the Death Battle cast are mostly way overconfident and they can't back that up since they didn't earn that confidence considering that even I as a 10 Year Old could see their BS

I had a look at the death battle wiki and it said that Super Saiyan 2 gives a 500% power increase from base......that's a 5x multiplier. Now I'm not sure whether we use multipliers on this site but they should atleast get the multiplier right.

They stated the normal multipliers in the Goku v Superman fight, but they didn't use them. Super Saiyan made Goku half as fast as base, 2 made him as fast as base, 3 made him 4x faster than base, and SS4 made him 40x faster than base.

ByAsura said:
They stated the normal multipliers in the Goku v Superman fight, but they didn't use them. Super Saiyan made Goku half as fast as base, 2 made him as fast as base, 3 made him 4x faster than base, and SS4 made him 40x faster than base.
They also applied a SSJ4 multiplier onto Buu Saga Goku as if he hasn't gotten any stronger in GT. Even though BoGT Base is stronger than Z SSJ3. And Super 17 Saga SSJ1 is stronger than BoGT SSJ3.

Decides to use Databooks for Naruto vs Ichigo, doesn't use it for Kenshiro vs Jotaro and uses a freaking filler scene for a feat for Kenshiro.

My god even I can do better than them

I believe they do didn't do so because they believe scaling DB is stupid because they people have such different techniques, even though scaling doesn't work at all like that.

ByAsura said:
I believe they do didn't do so because they believe scaling DB is stupid because they people have such different techniques, even though scaling doesn't work at all like that.
Piccolo was only able to bust the moon cause of his trademarked technique.

Grand Priest doesn't have said technique.

Piccolo is stronger than Grand Priest

Checkmate DBtards

> Ichigo s. Naruto

That was easily the worst Death Battle. Bleach tends to be massively wanked, with Mach 20,000 Ichigo via lolmultipliers and all, but it got the short end of the stick this time around. They downplayed Bleach to st├║pid degrees, while massively wanking the Narutoverse (Mach 250,000 Raikage, FTL Naruto via...do I really have to say it?) and downplaying it at the same time.

That's actually one of my favorites of this season. Not because of quality, but because of well...quality (the animation was good and the character I liked more won, and he was supposed to win). I could care less about the research, because I lost faith in them.

The real cal howard said:
That's actually one of my favorites of this season. Not because of quality, but because of well...quality (the animation was good and the character I liked more won, and he was supposed to win). I could care less about the research, because I lost faith in them.
^this all of this

@Cal

Why have you lost faith in their reseach when they've given us such accurate fights like Yang vs Tifa and Bowser vs Ganon?

I don't think you can trust them with crap like Mach 400 Prime Ichigo, Pikachu losing to Blanka, "generously city-level" Bayonetta and city-level Kratos.

Back