• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion thread 4 (or 5?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope they retcon the laser AND have vegeta survive in space, and instead say he flew off to find frieza in a hopeless attempt

Geomancertactics said:
I hope they keep the laser in to rustle jimmies.
its not rustling any jimmies, all its doing is making people divert actual arguments

tbh, i dont care if its even there cuz it can be explained

but i really hope they dont have vegeta die in a vaccume

I don't think they are in the preview he still had the hole in his shirt -_-

but it really doesnt matter since any logical person would understand that he was off guard since Whis explained this countless of times like how the pebble hurt him when he was supressed

What I keep hearing from the lowballers is why when Beerus launched an attack on his planet towards Goku accidentally (I think it was a sneeze) it blew up a sun and Goku says "That would've turned me to ash" or something along those lines why would it kill him if he has Greater than Star Durability?

Nibbler3100 said:
I don't think they are in the preview he still had the hole in his shirt -_-
but it really doesnt matter since any logical person would understand that he was off guard since Whis explained this countless of times like how the pebble hurt him when he was supressed

What I keep hearing from the lowballers is why when Beerus launched an attack on his planet towards Goku accidentally (I think it was a sneeze) it blew up a sun and Goku says "That would've turned me to ash" or something along those lines why would it kill him if he has Greater than Star Durability?
He said "that would have killed me" or something like that in the rof movie but in super all he said was "that nearly caught me off guard"

So the episode titles and summaries for episode 26-30 are out.Rough translation from a memeber at kanzenshuu:

For episode 26, the part that sticks out as being different from the movie is that Gohan tries to assist Gokuu in the fight, but Whis stops him. And Whis tells Gokuu there's a chance he can win (so, what, Whis is the one who figures out Freeza's weakness first?)

Episode 27 now has a different title than the TV listing posted a couple weeks ago. The new one is "The Earth Explodes?! A Conclusive Kamehameha." Summary doesn't seem to show much different from the movie, and it covers the part where Vegeta fights Freeza, who then rage quits and blows up the Earth (but there are some kanji I'm unsure about in this one, so I could be missing something).

Episode 28's new title is "Universe 6's God of Destruction: His Name is Champa". Peaceful days have returned to Earth following the battle with Freeza. Gokuu and Vegeta go back to train on Beerus' planet, and Champa turns up...basically, stuff we already know from the manga chapters.

Episode 29's title is...a lot of goddamn kanji o_O Well, I'm committed to doing this now, so...something along the lines of a meeting being held to decide details about the tournament, but I can't think of a phrasing that isn't extremely awkward :/ "A Meeting to Determine the Match! The Captain is a Guy Even Stronger Than Gokuu" (Ugh, I really hate how that sounds...someone, please come up with better phrasing!) As for the summary, it mentions things we already know: there'll be a 5 vs. 5 tournament, Champa wants to switch Earths if his team wins, it will happen in 5 days from then, and Whis and co. go to talk to Bulma about finding a way to search for the super dragon ball.

Episode 30 has no title decided yet. Beerus heads out to search for the rest of his team members. He goes to visit Monaka, the strongest guy he's ever fought before, but...?!

And from what i have heard from other places apparalently the lazer scene is being kept and its gonna happen in episode 26 and freeza is gonna blow the earth up again and whis will reverse time and goku kills freeza so seems it will be the same as the movie.

Celestial Pegasus said:
And from what i have heard from other places apparalently the lazer scene is being kept and its gonna happen in episode 26 and freeza is gonna blow the earth up again and whis will reverse time and goku kills freeza so seems it will be the same as the movie.
Goddammit TOEI you had only 1 job (2 if you count Vegeta getting the kill, but I just don't care about that lol). They are rushing this arc so bad...

Can we agree on something? I think the retelling arcs so for are like this:

Super BoG > Movie BoG

Movie RoF > Super RoF

I think TOEI just didn't care about the RoF arc and started rushing the crap out of it.

Alexcar3000 said:
Super BoG > Movie BoG

Movie RoF > Super RoF

I think TOEI just didn't care about the RoF arc and started rushing the crap out of it.
probably so that the manga doesnt go too far ahead, after all, the anime IS supposed to be the main source

Alexcar3000 said:
Super BoG > Movie BoG

Movie RoF > Super RoF

If we are going that way. Then...We shouldn't count any of Goku vs Beerus Super feats?

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
Alexcar3000 said:
Super BoG > Movie BoG

Movie RoF > Super RoF

If we are going that way. Then...We shouldn't count any of Goku vs Beerus Super feats?
why? just because a part of the series wasnt made as good as the movie, does it mean it suddenly doesnt remain current canon?

The lazer thing could be kept ... if only they explained something like "Frieza charged one of his ki attack in the lazer" (that would make sense because Goku would never expect that coming from someone as weak as Sorbet).

Even in the original manga it is implied their defense can be weaker if they don't focuse (example: in the fight against Frieza on namek, Vegeta asked Krillin to severely hurt him (to obtain a zenkai boost later). Krillin said even at full power he'd be unable to harm Vegeta, but Vegeta said he'd lower his defense on purpose).

HOWEVER, even if caught of guards normally a random soldier couldn't harm Goku. So I really hope they'll do as I said in the 1st line.

Jeune fou said:
The lazer thing could be kept ... if only they explained something like "Frieza charged one of his ki attack in the lazer" (that would make sense because Goku would never expect that coming from someone as weak as Sorbet).
Even in the original manga it is implied their defense can be weaker if they don't focuse (example: in the fight against Frieza on namek, Vegeta asked Krillin to severely hurt him (to obtain a zenkai boost later). Krillin said even at full power he'd be unable to harm Vegeta, but Vegeta said he'd lower his defense on purpose).

HOWEVER, even if caught of guards normally a random soldier couldn't harm Goku. So I really hope they'll do as I said in the 1st line.
yeah, that along with vegeta surviving in space is what i want to see, at this point, i dont care if frieza only destroys the earth

Jeune fou said:

However, that won't stop downplayers from saying Laser > Blueberry Goku

Also those who are saying things about Goku who "could have been killed by Beerus' sneeze" just don't realize Goku was in his BASE form.

And about the "off guard thing" with the lazer, I don't think it can be traited as a weakness for Goku because he understood the lesson (after all Whis really insisted about that point and when he was attacked from behind by Sorbet he understood it wasn't a useless advice).

Alexcar3000 said:
Jeune fou said:

However, that won't stop downplayers from saying Laser > Blueberry Goku
Yeah unfortunately downplayers are stupid and take the first pretext they have to say dragon ball is "weak". There are still people who think post crisis superman can defeat current Goku.

Goku clearly powered down once he thought he had beaten freeza and then got lasered.Toei did something good for once.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Goku clearly powered down once he thought he had beaten freeza and then got lasered.Toei did something good for once.
Good

So the downplayers don't have that to use now

The Living Tribunal1 said:
any statements or feats?
No it was basically the same as the movie if anything i hope they wont let vegeta die from the planet exploding in next episode,they should either say he is alive but was blown far away because of the planet`s explosion or he die because he couldnt survive in space preferably if they going that root say he didnt have time to hold his breath so he sufficcated.I hope they go with the first option though that he is alive but was just blown away and for whis hopefully he says "i can turn back time however i please but 3 minutes should be enough for you to defeat freeeza".

Celestial Pegasus said:
The Living Tribunal1 said:
any statements or feats?
No it was basically the same as the movie if anything i hope they wont let vegeta die from the planet exploding in next episode,they should either say he is alive but was blown far away because of the planet`s explosion or he die because he couldnt survive in space preferably if they going that root say he didnt have time to hold his breath so he sufficcated.I hope they go with the first option though that he is alive but was just blown away and for whis hopefully he says "i can turn back time however i please but 3 minutes should be enough for you to defeat freeeza".
yes, i dont wanna see vegeta dying from either the explosion or the lack of air, vegeta being alive in space means there could be a further arguement for godly saiyans to not need to breath

also, yes, the unlimited time rewind would also be great

Soul01 said:
it was already implied in the movie that frieza could breath and vegeat could not
in the movie, yes, but a few things have been done differently from the film so far, so i hope that vegeta staying alive this time is one of them

Soul01 said:
it was already implied in the movie that frieza could breath and vegeat could not
Indeed it was but at this point where goku and vegeta have attained god status yet still cant survive in space is stupid.Survivng in space though is really a misunderstood thing usually people think its breathing in space but there is no air to breath or more specificly not enough oxygen molecules to for a person to breath so to breath in space means you dont need to breath or you can hold your breath for a long thing and survive the conditions of space so your lungs dont explode.At this point where they are gods i think goku and vegeta should be capable of this at this point but they still cant survive in space for long periods because they still need food and water.

Soul01 said:
noo the unlimited time rewind would kill the whole series and whis as a charatcer
You do have a point that if every threat that comes whis could just reverse it then that would lower the threat but if all beings on whis level are capable of that and possibley more than whis wouldnt really be a detriment to the story.Basically what i am asking for here is for hax to be implement into dbs,gods having hax and resistance to them i dnt thnk thats too much to ask for cause frankly the hax in dragon ball is completely lacking compared to other series.

Soul01 said:
noo the unlimited time rewind would kill the whole series and whis as a charatcer
nope, if theye go beyond the scope of a 4-D universe then the time rewind wont be that much of an effect

th real reason we cant survive in space is because in space there is no oxyeg

why is oxygen important? because it keeps the electron transport chain running, a chain that produces ATP in us

why is the ATP importnat? cuz it can break to release energy for cellular processes

now if toriyama knew this, he wud remaove the need for oxgyen by saying, that saiyans or any being that can control ki can simply alocate some ki for cells to use as energy, thus not needing ATP

but he doesnt, so we are in the mess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back