• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant thread

Share your unpopular opinions (and have a little rant if you want)
My opinions:
1. Transformers 4 and 5 (AoE and TLK) is not that bad, if they were part of an original IP then no one would complain how far-fetched they are from the lore of Transformers
2. Sonic Frontiers is a mediocre game. A bland Ubisoft open world game with Unity graphic and a confusing story that only fans will understand
3. JoJo should've been ended after Part 3. The later parts especially 5 and 6 are unnecessary, if you remove Part 5 between 4 and 6 then nothing would've changed really.
4. Halo should've ended after 3, not sure why many Halo fans still want more contents while complaining about the franchise's quality nowadays (same goes with many other franchises like Call of Duty or Dragon Ball)

Sonic Adventure > Sonic Adventure 2

Shippuden > Part 1

The OVA Jotaro vs DIO fight was the coolest version of it.

X is the best Showa Rider

Don't really have that many unpopular opinions but here are a few i could think of

1. Part 2 is the best animated Jojo part

2. Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 > Season 1 at least for most episodes

3. Genshin Impact > Honkai Star Rail

1. One Piece animation can be incredibly overrated and often times it's incredibly saturated with annoying ass effects which ruins the moment for me.

2. In that same vein, I don't despise anime with amazing and spectacular animation, but I'm also a fan of calm sakuga, like in Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho etc. So shows like JJK s2, occasionally CSM, One Piece (in particular), look great, but I think often times they do too much for scenes that really don't need to be doing allat.

3. Similarly to the first one, while I haven't watched TYBW yet (I'm waiting for it to finish so I can binge), Bleach's art and animation is oversaturated and overrated. I dislike the color palette/grading, and prefer OG Bleach far more.

2. In that same vein, I don't despise anime with amazing and spectacular animation, but I'm also a fan of calm sakuga, like in Rurouni Kenshin, Naruto, Yu Yu Hakusho etc. So shows like JJK s2, occasionally CSM, One Piece (in particular), look great, but I think often times they do too much for scenes that really don't need to be doing allat.
2011 HxH really hits the right spot if you like consistent calm and clean animation

I really cant think of other shounen anime with as many episodes as it has that does as good a job except for maybe the first 3 seasons of AOT

China has the world’s best CGI now.
social-credit.jpg

I don't think I have many hot takes as I'm a bland npc, but here's some

1. Yakuza 3 has a better story than 0
2. Sonic Unleashed is the best Sonic game
3. Part 3 and 5 aren't all that
4. Naruto as a whole fell off and part 1 is the best section of it

Most of the standard English cartoons had started to become mid or far worse while the Spanish, Malaysian and other cartoons would be far above them.

To be honest, Gojo kinda mid, but this mostly comes down to his screentime and how much he's allowed to do. The only time I liked him a lot was during Hidden Inventory when he got to actually do a lot and show himself off as a character. A cool powerset can only carry me so long. Also the random timeskip before Gojo vs Sukuna felt really weird and I wasn't a fan of that. Not because it happened but because it was completely glossed over. It felt awkward.

The MCU is dogshit and I truly, legitimately cannot understand how anybody past the age of 12 can enjoy those movies.

I'm really fucking sick and tired of remakes, reboots, and retellings of various media that already exists. I feel like we're rapidly approaching a media singularity where everything that has previously existed in some form is simply regurgitated in a new coat of paint, whether that be in a remake people forget about in a week or in another ill-fated attempt to create some kind of media multiverse (Space Jam 2 is a good example of this thought process at its worst).

Touhou Project unironically sweeps most verses here in terms of the quality of its storytelling and characterization. Genuinely a great series to analyze the thematics and worldbuilding of, which is why it's so upsetting to see a majority of the fandom keep recycling the same unfunny memes and gooner mentality. Not gonna ruin my enjoyment, though.

Back