• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new "Dragon Ball Games" category

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

As I posted previously in the general discussion thread for Dragon Ball:
Hello.

Do you think that it would be a good idea to replace the general "Dragon Ball" category with a "Dragon Ball Games" category for the listed characters from that (loose) continuity?

We do seem to have a separate "Dragon Ball GT" category after all.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Dragon_Ball
Since this suggestion seems to have been accepted, are any of you willing and able to properly replace the "Dragon Ball" category with a "Dragon Ball Games" category for all of our wiki pages featuring characters from the games continuity?
However, it seems better to handle this as a separate topic instead, in order to get it properly organised.

Do you want us to replace the DB category to a DB games category; or do you want us to create a new DB games category? I assume the latter, since there are canon characters still in the DB category, but I’m not quite sure how on how to make the category. Although, I can tell you which characters would go within the game section if that helps.

Do you want us to replace the DB category to a DB games category; or do you want us to create a new DB games category? I assume the latter, since there are canon characters still in the DB category, but I’m not quite sure how on how to make the category. Although, I can tell you which characters would go within the game section if that helps.
Pretty sure he specifically means the video game versions of the DB characters or characters who originate from the games needing the Dragon Ball Games category.

Pretty sure he specifically means the video game versions of the DB characters or characters who originate from the games needing the Dragon Ball Games category.
That’s fine then, but I’m not quite sure on how to make the category. I can try to help by adding the game characters to the category. If I don’t know how though I’ll probably just try to help out by telling you guys which characters would go if needed.

Yes, that is correct, and I am not sure if they should keep the regular "Dragon Ball" category.

That’s fine then, but I’m not quite sure on how to make the category. I can try to help by adding the game characters to the category. If I don’t know how though I’ll probably just try to help out by telling you guys which characters would go if needed.
See here for instructions how to add a "Dragon Ball Games" category. Write it down in an exactly worded manner, click enter, and then click "Save".

1000054640.png
1000054639.png

I mean, Dragon Ball is a broad term for everything belong to it, even games, so if we want to be specific, then we should change Dragon Ball catergory into Dragon Ball Canon, but that require more discussions
Well, I would prefer if only the main Dragon Ball continuities (the Dragon Ball Super manga and anime) are given the "Dragon Ball" category, and the other continuities turn into sub-categories.

Well, I would prefer if only the main Dragon Ball continuities (the Dragon Ball Super manga and anime) are given the "Dragon Ball" category, and the other continuities turn into sub-categories.
I didn’t see this comment earlier, but do you want to remove the ”Dragon Ball“ and “Dragon Ball GT“ categories from the game? I added the “Dragon Ball Games” category though.

I didn’t see this comment earlier, but do you want to remove the ”Dragon Ball“ and “Dragon Ball GT“ categories from the game? I added the “Dragon Ball Games” category though.
I think that "Dragon Ball Games" and "Dragon Ball GT" should preferably be sub-categories for the main "Dragon Ball" category.

I think that the "Dragon Ball" category should be for the characters, items, etc. main manga and anime continuities, and "Dragon Ball Games" and "Dragon Ball GT" for the characters, items, etc. from the spin-offs.

I think that "Dragon Ball Games" and "Dragon Ball GT" should preferably be sub-categories for the main "Dragon Ball" category.

I think that the "Dragon Ball" category should be for the characters, items, etc. main manga and anime continuities, and "Dragon Ball Games" and "Dragon Ball GT" for the characters, items, etc. from the spin-offs.
I also have the same opinion as you

Okay, the page here the category has been made. The only thing that needs to be done is that that the DB and DBGT categories need to get removed from the games page.

Also, for the Toeiverse page the Dragon Ball category just needs removed.

Thank you. 🙏

I handled that, but the "Dragon Ball" category also needs to be replaced with "Dragon Ball Games" for the game characters.

Yes, but the replacements likely have to be handled manually. All of the characters from the regular Dragon Ball continuitied should still have the regular "Dragon Ball" category, not "Dragon Ball Games".

All of the characters from the regular Dragon Ball continuitied should still have the regular "Dragon Ball" category, not "Dragon Ball Games".
Nah, even with the script I can avoid editing all the DB pages, and target only the game characters. I got back from school, so I am gonna do that now.

Also, @Vietthai96 is "Toei" the same thing as "GT" ?

Nah, even with the script I can avoid editing all the DB pages, and target only the game characters. I got back from school, so I am gonna do that now.

Also, @Vietthai96 is "Toei" the same thing as "GT" ?
No, but technically both are under the same page. So, we just consider it the same. Toei just includes the Toei versions of DB, such as the DB, DBZ, and DBGT anime. (DBS is also made by toei, but we consider it alongside the manga)

No, but technically both are under the same page. So, we just consider it the same. Toei just includes the Toei versions of DB, such as the DB, DBZ, and DBGT anime. (DBS is also made by toei, but we consider it alongside the manga)
I see, gotcha, thank you.

Also, the bot's done with the game category replacement; If anyone who's knowlegable on the series wants to glance over the category feel free to.

If all is well, I think we're done here @Antvasima

I see, gotcha, thank you.

Also, the bot's done with the game category replacement; If anyone who's knowlegable on the series wants to glance over the category feel free to.

If all is well, I think we're done here @Antvasima
Thanks a massive lot for helping out with this task, Catzlaflame. 🙏❤️🙂

I will close this thread then. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back