• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Oh god now the hyper timeline argument is being used for DMC. I don't agree with hyper timeline arguments but DB is being shafted when they have basically the same shit đź’€.
So it's basically the same thing as Dragon Ball? I thought that the verse that most resembled DB was Saint Seiya because it had almost the same cosmology

I read their blog it shouldn’t qualify for Low 1-C timeline since there’s no mention of alternate time dimensions. There’s just a timeline that encompasses other Low 2-C stuff. I would be heavily shocked if this got accepted since you can separate things by space-time with one time dimension too.
If DMC passes, there's no way DB won't get it too, but in case if you don't get it then DB is cursed like the @Planck69 spoke to us

Hey is this thread worth anything? Could anyone look at it and let me know? Actually that was made by profectus so yes....it probably doesn't work here?

Last edited:
Hey is this thread worth anything? Could anyone look at it and let me know? Actually that was made by profectus so yes....it probably doesn't work here?
Greenshifter already tried an upgrade like this under the basis that the Kaioshin realm being “eternal” or something like that meant the Macrocosm held infinite time and was therefore 2-A.

The problem is, time is infinite by default as it extends infinitely throughout past/present/future. I think Qawsedf’s response was something like “That’s not 2-A. The 4th dimension is a direction, and 2-A is an infinite number of 4th dimensional direction.”

But I find that confusing too, since DontTalk has explained before that a single direction of time can service multiple space-times. So 2-A isn’t when time is infinite, and it’s not when you have infinite 4th dimensional directions either… so what is it on a fundamental level (beyond just infinite space-times)?
I feel like this was written by you lol

We can still debate this right here

I read their blog it shouldn’t qualify for Low 1-C timeline since there’s no mention of alternate time dimensions. There’s just a timeline that encompasses other Low 2-C stuff. I would be heavily shocked if this got accepted since you can separate things by space-time with one time dimension too.
But doesn't it need to have alternative time dimensions?

For example, a normal timeline (infinite 4D) has uncountable infinities of 3D space (infinite or not), so it is 4D.

Since you know? Past, present and future + time being infinite.

The hypertimeline is the same thing, but change 3D to infinite 4D, so it's 5D.

But doesn't it need to have alternative time dimensions?

For example, a normal timeline (infinite 4D) has uncountable infinities of 3D space (infinite or not), so it is 4D.

Since you know? Past, present and future + time being infinite.

The hypertimeline is the same thing, but change 3D to infinite 4D, so it's 5D.
You misunderstand.

2 years back was when we first attempted the hypertimeline upgrade. As many of you remember, there was still plenty of discourse over whether or not the other Macrocosms being affected by time travel meant they all shared a single space-time. It was eventually pointed out that if the Macrocosms are to stay Low 2-C, then unless the staff wanted to downgrade them to 3-A, they’d have to recognize the overarching timeline as Low 1-C. Even Ultima was arguing that whether the Timeline was Low 2-C or Low 1-C depended on the evidence for the Macrocosms being separate space-times, otherwise the wiki would go with the lower-end interpretation which is 3-A Macrocosms.

In comes DontTalkDT, explaining to everyone (including Ultima) that there is no anti-middle ground where the Timeline is either Low 2-C or Low 1-C. There’s literally nothing preventing the Timeline from being a simple 2-C structure. He further elaborates on this model here and here, but this is the basic idea:

A cosmology that consists of an overarching timeline doesn’t need to be Low 1-C because spatiotemporal separation doesn’t inherently introduce new time axes. This means you can use a single time axis (that of the overarching timeline) to service multiple space-times, and the cosmology therefore doesn’t need to consist of two temporal dimensions.

Ultima even used DontTalk’s model to reject the Kingdom Hearts upgrade later. He explained that an overarching timeline isn’t proof of Low 1-C in itself and that in order to qualify for Low 1-C, you’d have to prove that the lesser space-times have their own temporal axes.

You misunderstand.

2 years back was when we first attempted the hypertimeline upgrade. As many of you remember, there was still plenty of discourse over whether or not the other Macrocosms being affected by time travel meant they all shared a single space-time. It was eventually pointed out that if the Macrocosms are to stay Low 2-C, then unless the staff wanted to downgrade them to 3-A, they’d have to recognize the overarching timeline as Low 1-C. Even Ultima was arguing that whether the Timeline was Low 2-C or Low 1-C depended on the evidence for the Macrocosms being separate space-times, otherwise the wiki would go with the lower-end interpretation which is 3-A Macrocosms.

In comes DontTalkDT, explaining to everyone (including Ultima) that there is no anti-middle ground where the Timeline is either Low 2-C or Low 1-C. There’s literally nothing preventing the Timeline from being a simple 2-C structure. He further elaborates on this model here and here, but this is the basic idea:

A cosmology that consists of an overarching timeline doesn’t need to be Low 1-C because spatiotemporal separation doesn’t inherently introduce new time axes. This means you can use a single time axis (that of the overarching timeline) to service multiple space-times, and the cosmology therefore doesn’t need to consist of two temporal dimensions.

Ultima even used DontTalk’s model to reject the Kingdom Hearts upgrade later. He explained that an overarching timeline isn’t proof of Low 1-C in itself and that in order to qualify for Low 1-C, you’d have to prove that the lesser space-times have their own temporal axes.
I mean, it was 2021, and I think in that year the individual universes weren't 2-C.

Now a Macrocosm in DB already has more than one space time continuum within it, which are already accepted as separate, for example as indicated on the Zeno page. So you wouldn't really even have to prove that universes 1 to 13 are separate spacetimes.

Furthermore, other verses achieve (in case 1 so far I think) Low 1-C based on hypertimelines.

But I would never try to cook that.

I'm just throwing this out here.

If DMC can achieve low 1-C with the hypertimelines, it may show that the staff's thinking on this has changed.

Since now there would be more verses that have Low 1-C via hyperline.

OIP.v-Pfbh3TZ5X6kUa7sw7WiwHaEK

I know all that stuff about the composite cosmology is over, but I found these statements that I thought were worth sharing.

Tori's sugarcoated comments on Dragon Ball Evolution
As the creator, as far as the scenario and characterization are concerned, I get a feeling of “Whaa?”, but the director, everyone in the cast, and the crew on-set are ultra high-caliber.

Maybe it’s correct for both me and all the fans to appreciate this as a “new Dragon Ball” in a separate dimension.

With the power on-set, perhaps it will even have become a great masterpiece!

I am greatly anticipating it!!
This seems to further confirm that Toriyama considers stuff like the movies and GT to take place in alternate timelines.

I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to give Goku and others a possible resistance based on this. Since they are infinitely stronger than they were in the buu saga and no one seems to be bothered by this possible space-time thing.
I dunno, ripping through space times is pretty common at this point

Back