• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

that goku has no profile here, as the meta cooler movie is not considered canon for the toei anime continuity
I thought basically every film was considered canon to the Toei Anime continuity due to Fusion Reborn (which is considered Toei Canon) making everyone cameo.

But even if it wasn't, they use the same subspace in the LSSJ Broly film anyway, so IT in those films/Toei Continity simply functions differently. I mean, even in that film they had it go to locations with no energy (which is not possible because, you know, the very mechanics of Instant Transmission)-Which I've brought up before.

Simply put, Toei IT =/= Canon IT.

I thought basically every film was considered canon to the Toei Anime continuity due to Fusion Reborn (which is considered Toei Canon) making everyone cameo.
nah, most of the movies are impossible to fit in the timeline

But even if it wasn't, they use the same subspace in the LSSJ Broly film anyway, so IT in those films/Toei Continity simply functions differently.
the Broly movies are also considered non canon to toei

Check out what I found in the DB thread

The place where the Tournament of Strength will take place is a dimension where the concepts of space and time do not exist. The Realm of Nothing can be controlled by the Grand Priest and although it has limitations, at the same time it allows each fighter to fight in the gravity conditions of their own planet. Your combat arena is made of a very resistant material: Ultra Resistant Material.

What actually confirms about canon material

Link to full material here

Now intertwine DB's time with causality (like Ben 10 or GOW) and that's it, Acausality type 4 for Goku and etc.

These are all the active Dragon Ball CRT's, right?

I think the last one just need profiles unlocked for upgrades to be applied.

There must be a statement like that in a dragon ball guide.

Considering the focus on time travel that entire arcs have had.
In DB there is an explanation of timelines, they are separated from each other and there is a void between them, it is mentioned by Trunks that changes in the past do not affect the future in any way, even though a God can affect spacetime and beyond him mentioning that the space-time flow is different in each timeline, suggesting that each story generates a totally different timeline.

nah, most of the movies are impossible to fit in the timeline
All but like two, and those are Wrath of the Dragon and Bojack Unbound. And yet we still count the others because the very continuity of events, (such as the Sacred Water from the Garlic Jr. Saga, which is directly related to the film, or Cooler's appearance, despite the fact canonically Goku would be on Yardrat at that time, should easily be able to use SSJ {where he clearly struggles to use it in film}, and should have Instant Transmission.)

But uh, furthermore, I'm NOT crazy and Fusion Reborn IS currently accepted. So no, yeah, Broly movie (as Paragus cameos in the film), would be indirectly Toei Canon.
  • Note: Most of the Dragon Ball Z Movies are not considered part of the anime continuity, with only some exceptions (Dead Zone, Cooler's Revenge, Fusion Reborn and Wrath of the Dragon)

Which means that it is applicable to Toei Instant Transmission.

Last edited:
All but like two, and those are Wrath of the Dragon and Bojack Unbound.
4, garlic jr's first movie, cooler's first movie, wrath if the dragon and fusion reborn

And yet we still count the others because the very continuity of events
Outside of fusion reborn and garlic jr all of them fit

(such as the Sacred Water from the Garlic Jr. Saga, which is directly related to the film
Garlic jr has a saga there, so we ignore the contradctions because it is directly showed in the anime

, or Cooler's appearance, despite the fact canonically Goku would be on Yardrat at that time
No, cooler's happens after comes back, in the 3 year time skip that happens between trunk's time travel and the androids appearing

, should easily be able to use SSJ {where he clearly struggles to use it in film}, and should have Instant Transmission.)
i Don't see how the second one matters here?

But uh, furthermore, I'm NOT crazy and Fusion Reborn IS currently accepted. So no, yeah, Broly movie (as Paragus cameos in the film), would be indirectly Toei Canon.
  • Note: Most of the Dragon Ball Z Movies are not considered part of the anime continuity, with only some exceptions (Dead Zone, Cooler's Revenge, Fusion Reborn and Wrath of the Dragon)

Which means that it is applicable to Toei Instant Transmission.
No, the note specifies that only those 4 movies are accepted as being canon, hence why it says that "most of the movies are not part of the anime continuity), for any other movies you would need to make a thread to accept them, the broly movies were rejected as being canon when one tried to make them tho, so good luck

despite the fact canonically Goku would be on Yardrat at that time
The film takes place after Future Trunks's arrival.
Cooler's motivation for invading Earth is to "avenge" the death of Frieza.
should easily be able to use SSJ {where he clearly struggles to use it in film}
idk
maybe he lacked the motivation
and should have Instant Transmission
He does not have to use Instant Transmission.

Back