• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

あの世もこの世ち自在に移動!!
"Move freely in this world and the next!"
ナメック星脱出後に、悟空がヤードラット星の人々から教えてもらった技だ。知っている相手の気を探し、相手がいる場所へと一瞬で移動できる。逆に言えば、知っている気がない場所への瞬間移動は無理。移動できる場所は、あの世もこの世も関係ない。
"This is a technique that Goku was taught by the people of Planet Yardrat after his escape from Planet Namek. It is possible to search for the ki of a known target and instantly move to the location where the opponent is. Conversely, it is impossible to move instantly to a place where there is no known ki. It does not matter where you are, in this world or the next."
『激突!! 100億パワーの〜』ではメタルクウラも瞬間移動を使用、移動空間でのバトルまで描かれた。瞬間移動は劇場版では「時間を超越した異空間を通る」という解釈のようだ。
"In "Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors", Metal Cooler also used Instantaneous Movement, and even depicted a battle in a moving space. In the movie version, Instantaneous Movement seems to be interpreted as "passing through a different space that transcends time"."
相手を直接攻撃する技ではない。その代わりに瞬間移動してかめはめ波を放つなど、戦い方に幅を持たせることができた。
"It is not a technique that directly attacks the opponent. Instead, it was used to give the fighter a wider range of fighting styles, such as releasing a Kamehameha wave by moving instantaneously."
地球上程度の広さなら移動は一瞬。1万キロ離れたカメハラスも瞬く間に行き来した。
"A space the size of the earth can be traveled instantly; even Kame House, 10,000 km away, can come and go in the blink of an eye."
Source.

"In "Fight! 10 Billion Power Warriors", Metal Cooler also used Instantaneous Movement, and even depicted a battle in a moving space. In the movie version, Instantaneous Movement seems to be interpreted as "passing through a different space that transcends time"."

Is this usable for cosmology? Or is it just speculation?
I mean it's verbatim stated, doesn't change much tho. Since transcending time on this site means pretty much nothing if you are arguing higher tiers.

Have you ever noticed that every Universe or timeline that Zen'ō erases is left with a kind of void?

The same thing is shown when Daishinkan shows the world of emptiness

Which suggests that this void is the space of the 6 Universes erased by Zen'ō

really? lol how come?
The people at vsbttles simply have an idea that some films are not canon to Toei, I don't know exactly where they got this idea from, I think that in the 12th film all the previous characters from the films are shown having direct connection)

Which suggests that this void is the space of the 6 Universes erased by Zen'ō
Actually. That is interesting. You see when Zeno erases universes it leaves behind a sort of rainbow effect and is white. Yet the World of Void is shown seemingly at the centre of a universe Zeno erased (or I guess it could be just empty space) and is randomly black.

Is it possible the World of Void is an artificial construct made by someone? Or that it's some higher level of existence erasure above even Zeno? From my perspective it's almost like Zeno leaves behind the 'canvas' of universes whereas the WoV is the result of something erasing even a large part of a canvas. A 'deeper' form of erasure. A gaping hole in the divine infinite canvas of all creation.

Actually. That is interesting. You see when Zeno erases universes it leaves behind a sort of rainbow effect and is white. Yet the World of Void is shown seemingly at the centre of a universe Zeno erased (or I guess it could be just empty space) and is randomly black.

Is it possible the World of Void is an artificial construct made by someone? Or that it's some higher level of existence erasure above even Zeno? From my perspective it's almost like Zeno leaves behind the 'canvas' of universes whereas the WoV is the result of something erasing even a large part of a canvas. A 'deeper' form of erasure. A gaping hole in the divine infinite canvas of all creation.
Well, I still believe that Zen'ō can erase everything, from concepts and even entities at the 5D level if there is one in DB someday

Well, I still believe that Zen'ō can erase everything, from concepts and even entities at the 5D level if there is one in DB someday
It could be possible the WoV is the result of a higher-level of Erase that Zeno has. What effect it has to differ from a normal Erase we can't say.

An alternative explanation is that the Void is where Zeno came from and all of existence formed around it. It is stated to be 'eternal' after all.

It could be possible the WoV is the result of a higher-level of Erase that Zeno has. What effect it has to differ from a normal Erase we can't say.

An alternative explanation is that the Void is where Zeno came from and all of existence formed around it. It is stated to be 'eternal' after all.
I really like your explanation a lot.

Hey is this thread worth anything? Could anyone look at it and let me know? Actually that was made by profectus so yes....it probably doesn't work here?
Oh yeah, I'm known in a few places for being the guy with all those "wacky 5-D Goku arguments," and this is one of them that's been proliferating recently. Basically, there's an interview from the Broly movie staff where they state that depicting the dimension of swirling lights was their attempt at depicting something beyond 3-D, where they expressed the dimension in mathematical formulas and converted it to 3-D. The problem is, I've been met with 5 debunks recently, so I have to keep updating the arguments (which I haven't in a while).

Basically, the main counterpoint is that the interview was talking about the math of 3-D animation and CGI, and the whole part about "beyond 3-D" was a misinterpretation. Not to mention:

1. We don't accept "superdimensional" as a significant statement by site standards: its supporting evidence at best.

2. I think Omegabronic argued in his space-time number downgrade thread that "beyond 3-D" could just be referring to how it's a space-time rather than being spatially 4-D.

Either way, the article has plenty of good statements for the dimension of swirling lights like how its a "different dimension" and "entirely different reality," but I strongly advise against using any of the "beyond 3-D" or "5-D" arguments from it.

Oh yeah, I'm known in a few places for being the guy with all those "wacky 5-D Goku arguments," and this is one of them that's been proliferating recently. Basically, there's an interview from the Broly movie staff where they state that depicting the dimension of swirling lights was their attempt at depicting something beyond 3-D, where they expressed the dimension in mathematical formulas and converted it to 3-D. The problem is, I've been met with 5 debunks recently, so I have to keep updating the arguments (which I haven't in a while).

Basically, the main counterpoint is that the interview was talking about the math of 3-D animation and CGI, and the whole part about "beyond 3-D" was a misinterpretation. Not to mention:

1. We don't accept "superdimensional" as a significant statement by site standards: its supporting evidence at best.

2. I think Omegabronic argued in his space-time number downgrade thread that "beyond 3-D" could just be referring to how it's a space-time rather than being spatially 4-D.

Either way, the article has plenty of good statements for the dimension of swirling lights like how its a "different dimension" and "entirely different reality," but I strongly advise against using any of the "beyond 3-D" or "5-D" arguments from it.
Both Omega's counter argument and it being a misinterpretation aren't exactly strong counter arguments imo, but right now the DOSL is just a giant question mark and we don't know much about it, so using that limited information to make claims for 5D DBS are just shaky purely because its such an isolated incident at this point.

We know more about the WoV at this point.

Like I can see DoSL being 5D but its kinda a unknown

Last edited:
Check out what I found in the DB thread

The place where the Tournament of Strength will take place is a dimension where the concepts of space and time do not exist. The Realm of Nothing can be controlled by the Grand Priest and although it has limitations, at the same time it allows each fighter to fight in the gravity conditions of their own planet. Your combat arena is made of a very resistant material: Ultra Resistant Material.

What actually confirms about canon material

Link to full material here

The word used is "isshun" (一瞬), which translates into "instant; moment; for an instant", effectively meaning a brief period of time.
not really matter much honestly, because Isshun also often use for instant as in zero time, it depend on contexts anyway, Japanese do not have specific word for zero time, teleportation iirc

Though to be fair Isshun literally doesn't mean zero time. I found the word rei would be used instead. Isshun means very fast still. Of course that could still refer to the fact that you need to lock onto the target first and thus while it's a very fast transport it's not usable in zero time.

Back