• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread

You know I rewatch the scene where Dante get stab and punches..

Should Dante has High pain intolerance? most of stab and punches clearly didn't affect him or at least he has no sign of getting hurt by it(Vergil and himself are exception)

You know I rewatch the scene where Dante get stab and punches..

Should Dante has High pain intolerance? most of stab and punches clearly didn't affect him or at least he has no sign of getting hurt by it(Vergil and himself are exception)
He has far better feat of resisting pain manipulation from DWE in DMC2 novel. That event literally paralysed entire rebel army full of elder demons.

On note of DMC2.... I once remember you bringing up stuff that said something about Dante using Majin From against Despair Embodied , can you tell me in which written material you found that pls??

They mention that all demons are agonizing in pain in the japanese version tho.

I believe we put resistance to pain as superhuman willpower in the indexing page for Dante.

He has far better feat of resisting pain manipulation from DWE in DMC2 novel. That event literally paralysed entire rebel army full of elder demons.

On note of DMC2.... I once remember you bringing up stuff that said something about Dante using Majin From against Despair Embodied , can you tell me in which written material you found that pls??
I found trivia on DMC wiki, it said in The Trinity of Fates Dante use Majin againts Despair embodied.

And also a lifting strength upgrades for the Mids and God Tiers of the verse too.

I already have two CTRs ready to post right now, i am just waiting for the greenlight of the others members to post the first one.

Last edited:
Yeap, we asked to see if there is some difference between the two versions, now we know that Fury stuff is just spatial hax.

Anyway, thanks for translating that to us.

Aye. I even showed Redgrave this on our DM's and he agrees the same. That and something about the localized version just sounding very flowery, while the original on Fury's speed is just that he can use spatial hax to teleport. Something about doing it like Vergil's teleports.

But yeah, point is this doesn't make Dante being able to react to it an outlier or whatever since it's clearly not doing what the ENG version described it.

And not a problem.

Well, Dante is making a blog with scaling chain and multipliers for the verse that can make than reach MTFL speed, but we are not sure if that will be accepted tho.

I'll look forward to that.

Still, I'm still disappointed tbh about the Fury thing. It's seriously just like the Akuma thing in Street Fighter where the Shun Goku destroying the soul thing is an English version thing (spoiler, yes Akuma doesn't have soul destruction. He still has death hax, just no soul destruction).

This one is just as bad if not worse for the fact that whole description doesn't match what the original say.

It's seriously just like the Akuma thing in Street Fighter where the Shun Goku destroying the soul thing is an English version thing (spoiler, yes Akuma doesn't have soul destruction. He still has death hax, just no soul destruction).
Few resists death hax if at all at low tiers compared to soul hax, so thats actually better if thats the case

THat is a good point, yeah.

These are good and bad things to know, since the good is you know what the writers or whoever originally put in their works. The bad is when you know this and see what the localized version put, you end up disappointed.

Just in case Weekly tries his downgrades, remind him of this: https://vsbattles.com/members/donttalkdt.1149/#profile-post-5252

DontTalkDT's own words:

"Yeah, as far as we agreed in the thread you don't need a normal city level feat to prove that a city level creation feat scales (that would be completely pointless tbh).
It's sufficient to proof that your creation spells don't use more of your power than your attack spells. Of course it's a different issue should it be a complete outlier, but that is outlier business as usual."

And then you hit him with one of these.
unknown.png

Does Weekly's downgrade Discord server even exist or is it just him and his alts?

They mention that all demons are agonizing in pain in the japanese version tho.

I believe we put resistance to pain as superhuman willpower in the indexing page for Dante.
Nah, just put it as Extreme Pain Tolerance

Which downgrade server? He has a million of them, and they're all totally real.
maybe i should add my meme to one specific google doc i have made

Does Weekly's downgrade Discord server even exist or is it just him and his alts?
Oh yeah, they exist in his imagination at least but we don't worry about anything that could ever happen in this decade, DMC has too much proof and a diverse set of feats for it to be debunked. Unless, of course, the wiki suddenly stops accepting everything but an over the top cutscene showing the universe exploding into nothingness.

THat is a good point, yeah.

These are good and bad things to know, since the good is you know what the writers or whoever originally put in their works. The bad is when you know this and see what the localized version put, you end up disappointed.
Indeed, sometimes there is a lot of differences between the english and the japanese, like for example, Beowulf small supernova statement in DMC3 is only a flash of light in the japanese version, the Gigapede is stated to be entering in the HW via a rift in the space-time fabric, but the japanese version only mention space without time there and the graphic file support the jap version for the Gigapede by also only mentioning space there. Although the japanese version of the novels tends to have some good wank there comparable to the english versions for the verse.

Nah, just put it as Extreme Pain Tolerance
Fair enough than.

Back