• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as you can see from looking in Dante, Vergil and Nero profiles, they have a lot of similar abilities and resistances that they share from having the same power source, Sparda's blood and soul, so to make the profile less clutter to see from both the supporters and the people that just want to check the profiles, we decide to make a Sparda Lineage section for the Demon Physiology as you can see here:

All previous abilities, except the Demon King abilities, now including:

Resistances for Sparda Heritage

Last edited:
A note for anyone who is reading the OP...
This all stuff is already accepted in previous CRTs..present CRT is just catalogueing it under Sparda Physiology that are found to be common, resistances or haxxes....this is all biology based.....Sparda bloodline have repeatedly shown similar powers and resistances....and is even major plot points in few stories...like DMC4 and DMC3.

looks good from a glance although the enchanced regeneration part shouldnt include low-godly, that only becomes a thing when they reach high / god tier status,which they already have in their high tier demon physiology, you should just include a note in the page that says low godly is only accessible in their DT forms

OBJECTION!

I agree with the section but there are some powers that I actually have a problem

Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Technique Mimicry, Master Acrobatics and Analytical Prediction aren't physiology based, specially stuff like Vehicular Mastery, makes 0 sense to give it to Nero, for example, that never drived a car, a bike or anything related, stuff like Acrobatics can be done by being basically superhuman, weapon mastery is training

Soul Manipulation (the Soul Removal, Soul Sealing and Soul Absorption parts): While they can Soul Hax demons, Vergil never showed the ability to Seal Souls, and Nero never even removed one from a demon

Enhanced Regeneration (Low-Godly overtime, instant in Devil Trigger forms), only Dante and Vergil at High 3-A showed that level of regeneration, so DMC4 Nero and DMC3 twins shouldn't scale

Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly): Only God Tier Dante showed this and should only scale to DMC5 Vergil and DMC5 post DT Nero

Power Nullification and BFR: Nero directly fought someone using Sparda's powers and couldn't separate it, I don't think he should scale

We are cross scalling these guys without asking ourselves what is actually physiology based and what is ability+training+skill, you can have the same source of power (Sparda), but how you use said power can be different depending on the user

looks good from a glance although the enchanced regeneration part shouldnt include low-godly, that only becomes a thing when they reach high / god tier status,which they already have in their high tier demon physiology, you should just include a note in the page that says low godly is only accessible in their DT forms
Well, we can just change the hybrid section a bit and say that they can regen from their soul in base form, but is not combat applicable unless they go DT, i want to hear others opinions if they prefer we put on the Sparda Heritage section or on the hybrid section on the demon physiology page

OBJECTION!

I agree with the section but there are some powers that I actually have a problem

Weapon Mastery, Vehicular Mastery, Technique Mimicry, Master Acrobatics and Analytical Prediction aren't physiology based, specially stuff like Vehicular Mastery, makes 0 sense to give it to Nero, for example, that never drived a car, a bike or anything related, stuff like Acrobatics can be done by being basically superhuman, weapon mastery is training
Well, fair on than honesty
Soul Manipulation (Soul Removal, Soul Sealing and Soul Absorption): While they can Soul Hax demons, Vergil never showed the ability to Seal Souls, and Nero never even removed one from a demon
I actually forgot to put as likely instead of full for Vergil and Nero this was an error on my part
Enhanced Regeneration (Low-Godly overtime, instant in Devil Trigger forms), only Dante and Vergil at High 3-A showed that level of regeneration, so DMC4 Nero and DMC3 twins shouldn't scale
Well, Sevil did say we should put on the hybrid section and explain that is not combat applicable for than in base form only in DT instead of on the Sparda section what you think about doing that?
Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly): Only God Tier Dante showed this and should only scale to DMC5 Vergil and DMC5 post DT Nero
Sparda have statements of this too, so he should scale specialty because we know that Dante did get more power from the Devil Sword Sparda, which have a good portion of his power sealed there and DMC5 shows that Sparda did indeed sealed his powers on the swords, so he should scale because of this too.
Power Nullification and BFR: Nero directly fought someone using Sparda's powers and couldn't separate it, I don't think he should scale
Makes sense for me.

Most of the contact based stuff comes under Psychometry I believe...so we may need to discuss more on this I believe.

Not every superhuman can do acrobatics....so all 3 should get this.
Analytical prediction should also be shared between all 3, Nero also has good skill feats in novels..and Gilver has it via being made of Dante and Vergil's battle data so Gilver is literally copying what Dante and Vergil and Sparda already had...
Soul Manipulation (Soul Removal, Soul Sealing and Soul Absorption): While they can Soul Hax demons, Vergil never showed the ability to Seal Souls, and Nero never even removed one from a demon
Agree....
Agree...but may change my mind for atleast DMC3 Twins.
Agree....everyone will get that once all mid tiers have low godly. 😛
This is only Ebony and Ivory exclusive technique....so only should be combat applicable for Dante ....even though Vergil has the power to do it, he doesn't have have E&I to channel it...so should be non-combat applicable for Vergil.
Agree Nero shouldn't have.

Well, Sevil did say we should put on the hybrid section and explain that is not combat applicable for than in base form only in DT instead of on the Sparda section what you think about doing that?
It's actually worse, we have other hybrids like Lucia and Matier that don't have Low Godly, overtime or not, the feat comes from a Sparda boi, so should stay with them. My issue is giving this ability to their weakest version when it was only done by them on a older and stronger form, we know that being stronger is important in DMC, so should stay to DMC1 Dante and Vergil, with Nero scalling in 5

The hybrid section should just keep the fact that their base form needs its own feats for Regen and passives since their base isn't 100% demon, which is something all hybrids share

This is only Ebony and Ivory exclusive technique....so only should be combat applicable for Dante ....even though Vergil has the power to do it, he doesn't have have E&I to channel it...so should be non-combat applicable for Vergil.

Yeap

Analytical prediction should also be shared between all 3, Nero also has good skill feats in novels..and Gilver has it via being made of Dante and Vergil's battle data so Gilver is literally copying what Dante and Vergil and Sparda already had...

It sure can stay, the problem is being there via physiology, as you said, Nero has good skill feats, it's a matter of skill

My problem with them is being tied to physiology, the ability itself is 100% fine

It's actually worse, we have other hybrids like Lucia and Matier that don't have Low Godly, overtime or not, the feat comes from a Sparda boi, so should stay with them. My issue is giving this ability to their weakest version when it was only done by them on a older and stronger form, we know that being stronger is important in DMC, so should stay to DMC1 Dante and Vergil, with Nero scalling in 5
actually i was suggesting to put a note on the sparda page (or section), not the overall demon physiology page, so it wouldnt even affect those hybrids

Most of the contact based stuff comes under Psychometry I believe...so we may need to discuss more on this I believe.
Yeah, Psychometry and AD is the reason they have this stuff thinking a bit better now, so we may need to discuss this more further

Agree with this

The hybrid section should just keep the fact that their base form needs its own feats for Regen and passives since their base isn't 100% demon, which is something all hybrids share
He was asking to put a note on the page for the Sparda boys, not for every hybrid tho, and just a correction, Lucia is not a hybrid she is created by Arius in DMC2.

Soul Manipulation (the Soul Removal, Soul Sealing and Soul Absorption parts): While they can Soul Hax demons, Vergil never showed the ability to Seal Souls, and Nero never even removed one from a demon
Making a note here
This more of if Vergil have knowledge he can those things or not and to be fair we know we did study those things for power.
And Dante is no cultist on those aspects and he still keeps getting hax out of his ass.

And... majority of those abilities are just from them being able to do if you know you can and you are powerfull enough, heck even Baul can rip souls and he just a demon, and V is just V with some demonic power that he got.

Btw there's is no excuse for Vergil, V's memories are part of him now.

likely for Soul Removal, Soul Sealing and Soul Absorption for Vergil
Remove the likely, Vergil still have V's memories and V himself removed nightmare's soul, and Dante is no cultist on those arts and he still gets those hax out of nowhere, if dante gets those hax so does vergil, even more when he himself studies those arts.
And Vergil still have till this day Beowulf's soul.

Remove the likely, Vergil still have V's memories and V himself removed nightmare's soul, and Dante is no cultist on those arts and he still gets those hax out of nowhere, if dante gets those hax so does vergil, even more when he himself studies those arts.
And Vergil still have till this day Beowulf's soul.
Agree

Vergil should have solid Soul Removal via the reasons FT gave, just keep the likely to Soul Sealing

And none of that to Nero besides normal Soul Hax

and Dante is no cultist on those arts and he still gets those hax out of nowhere, if dante gets those hax so does vergil, even more when he himself studies those arts

I don't remember quotes saying Vergil studied Soul Manipulation, we know they can attack the Souls directly but Sealing them is something way more specific, and only Dante showed Sealing powers to begin with, and for Souls it was only IN HIS ANIME KEY, we can't just give to DMC3 Vergil

I know his bullets have spirits but unless statement, we can't say they are Sealed there, since it needs something more specific

Last edited:
This isn't something you inherit. Same as Supernatural Willpower. It's more base on the character sometimes power source(ex Green Lantern)

Even more Enhanced Power Nullification: Resisted Beelzebub's blue vomit, which is capable to nullify Dante's ranged weapons,like Ebony and Ivory, which contain souls on the bullets, and have powerful techniques, yet Beelzebub's blue vomit can nullify it. Nightmare Beta is a Devil Arm which is used which Devil Trigger energy and is also nullified by the spit of Beelzebub, but Dante can still transform and destroy all the evil maggots without any type of problem.

This isn't resisting, the specific effect is to jam ranged weaponry, which it does (Nightmare Beta is a ranged weapon). Dante is not resisting this but working around it.

Don't have time to read much, at first glance i disagree with the "master everything" because Nero never demonstrated his ability to master every weapon and other thing cause he only use one sword (occasionally Yamato but his effiency in using katana is average at best), one type of gun and never drive anything. I could understanding this thing with Vergil cause he is practically Dante's twin brother, so at worst he will have a Possibly/Likely with Verhicle Master

The rest i will comeback later

This isn't resisting, the specific effect is to jam ranged weaponry, which it does (Nightmare Beta is a ranged weapon). Dante is not resisting this but working around it.
Beezlebub_DMC.jpg

Beelzebub:

ベルゼバブとは悪魔学でいうところの、神に反逆した罪で天界から追放された堕天使であり、地獄でもっとも有力な魔王のひとりと言われる大悪魔を指す。巨大なハ工の姿を取ることもあるとされ、ハエの宰相として知られる大物中の大物だ。 もちろん、こんなチンケなハエの化け物どもがその魔王であるはずもなく、 単にハエを媒介にして活動することから便宜上そう呼んでいるだけに過ぎない。とはいえ油断は禁物だ。魔力で目大化した醜悪な身体は、もとがハエだけにうるさいほど機敏に飛びまわり、ウジに似た霊気を浴びせられて飛び道具を封じられると少々手こずることになりかねない。とくに、飛ばずに地を這う緑色の大型種は、共食いのように仲間の魔力を喰らってパワーアップするタチの悪いヤツだ。

Beelzebub is a devil, a fallen angel that was exiled from Heaven for rebelling against God, and was said to be one of the most powerful Demon Kings in Hell.

It is said to take the form of a giant fly, and it is one of the big games whose name is the lord of flies. Of course, such a ghost of a fly cannot be the Demon King. And it was called that just for the sake of convenience by its act as a fly.

However, be careful. Their ugly body that was enlarged by magical powers will fly around with a noisy manner, and if you make contact with its maggot-like aura that seals away your tools, it can be a little troublesome.

Particularly, the large green guys that move on the ground without flying are the bad ones who eat the magical power of their friends like cannibals.

The thing is the effects of the null wears off Forcefully after Dante DTs and it doesn't affect him anymore, similar to his other resistances gained via DT like resistance to blood manip and stuff.
If I remember correctly the effects don't even apply Dante when he is in DT.
Tldr; its a resistance for/due to DT transformation.

Technically this qualifies for something else too...but thats for later CRT.

Last edited:
Nightmare Beta uses the DT gauge and is still affected by the vomit, not seeing how this is still resisting, if effects can be re-applied or stay on Dante it's not resisting but working around the effect through other means.

Agreed about Nero part when he never master or do some stuff like Dante does.

He only use Red queen and Blue rose for the entire series and also never ride vecihcle.

I think we both are miscommunicating here a bit lemme explain again whats actaully resisted.
Nightmare Beta uses the DT gauge and is still affected by the vomit
Fair...but only in base as I'll explain
not seeing how this is still resisting
He resist in his transformation.
if effects can be re-applied or stay on Dante it's not resisting
Well in manga the resistance is not temporary in DT transformation for other haxxes like blood manip and life force absorption....in game though such logic is ignored since you can't have player become permanently resistant to NPC haxxes since game will become broken then....and enemies will lose threat to player.....tldr; Game Mechanics.
but working around the effect through other mean
This seems vague...."other means"?? You mean Dante using swords and stuff??
Well if so thats not related to ranged weapons anyways.

-----------------------×------------------x-------------------
I asked @Mister6ame6 to create this new GiFs to explain it better.....they are different from video above...so props to him.

I'll explain why Dante resists power null on ranged weapons in DT.

1) Dante can be affected by maggot-like aura in base form no doubt, this prevents ranged weapons from shooting.
2) But going DT can disable the aura on his person...and Dante can shoot guns again.

3)While in DT even if new maggot-aura touch Dante he cannot be affected...he shoots normally ignoring the hax completely....blatant resistance in DT.

So tldr;
Dante does not resist hax in base intially but does resist clearly in DT and after as seen when he can shoot regardless of whether the maggot aura touches him or not in DT.

Last edited:
Vergil has Multiple Selves, does any of the Heirs of Sparda scale?
Well, Dante can have via his Devil Arms and Nero via his Devil Trigger, since his mention that his demon asked him for more power in DMC4 and Deadly Fortune.

Sadly Nero doesn't inherit TP from his father....
So he does not have it.....only mention for Sparda and the two twins since they have it.
Fixed.

I don't know if it's something on my end but I cannot see your gifs.

Well in manga the resistance is not temporary in DT transformation for other haxxes like blood manip and life force absorption....in game though such logic is ignored since you can't have player become permanently resistant to NPC haxxes since game will become broken then....and enemies will lose threat to player.....tldr; Game Mechanics.
I'm unsure you could really argue game mechanics in this case, if your new form resists it that's a benefit of the new form, not a game mechanic.

This seems vague...."other means"?? You mean Dante using swords and stuff??
Well if so thats not related to ranged weapons anyways.
That's what I meant by working around it; by not resisting it he has to fight using melee to work around it. I'm sorry if that thought wasn't articulated properly.

While we are at it, I have a few issues with another resistance:
Poison Manipulation: They are capable of resisting different types of poison numerous times throughout their life, like when was capable of breathing in demonic air, which is confirmed to be toxic, was unaffected by the demon monkey's poisonous blood, which was poisonous enough to dissolve his own body, was unaffected when Beelzebub's spat its poison on Dante, was unaffected by the Nobody's poisonous bodies when they die and explode into pieces and was also unaffected by Chaos's neurotoxin sacs inside his chest, which he spits on his enemies
The scan suggesting the air is toxic doesn't actually say that:

"Evil corrupts the soil and fills the air with an acidic taste."

This doesn't imply the air itself has toxicity, just that evil has given in a distinct sour taste. If we were to take this at face value it would also be implying lemons are also poisonous, which doesn't make much sense to me.

The Demon Monkey thing is also confusing, when cut it says "My blood is poisonous to your kind." but by your kind it means humans, we see this because Jessica was effected, not Dante who is also demon, so there's no reason to assume he resists and this is due to his demon heritage.

This may be introducing headcanon and I apologize if it's taken that way, but could it not be the case that the poison started dissolving the monkey's body is due to the fact it was cut into pieces and dying? If we were to assume it was always this acidic to itself, it would have already dissolved itself long ago. This isn't the case like with Xenomorphs because resistance to their own blood has been actively demonstrated, so the logical conclusion in my mind is that Dante cutting it down had something to do with it.

I don't like the example with the Green Beezlebub, the Nobody, and Chaos only because the entries we use to tell us about them directly tell us he needs to watch out for these things; if he resisted he wouldn't need to. The entry for Chaos even ends off with "that stuff is lethal!"

These justifications don't speak resistance to me.

I had a similar issue with the Resistance to Acid Manipulation, but I don't see that here so I'd have to bring it up elsewhere.

Ok I re read about Regen negation stuff when you mention Sparda killed Mundus here.

But in recent info for DSS, it said "the sword once used to seal away the demon king Mundus"

But yeah we also saw Mundus chest which unable to heal from fighting Sparda.

I think about Sparda killing Mundus stuff is retconed.

I'm unsure you could really argue game mechanics in this case, if your new form resists it that's a benefit of the new form, not a game mechanic.

Not really what he is arguing but in most cases DT makes him immune to stuff in verse that basically one shots him in base and after a certain time that immunity becomes a thing in his base/human form

The Demon Monkey thing is also confusing, when cut it says "My blood is poisonous to your kind." but by your kind it means humans, we see this because Jessica was effected, not Dante who is also demon, so there's no reason to assume he resists and this is due to his demon heritage.

The thing is, in that novel Dante has 2 personalities, kind off, but it depends on who he is and how that "person" reacts, in this case Tony is his "human self" which has been shown to be weak and affected by demonic stuff (fear hax, demon world passive hax, etc) and only after he realizes his Dante persona is that he starts walking around all of that without problem or developing resistances to that kind of stuff in mere moments.

This is more of my headcanon but the DMC1 guide says a demon name carries power (such as with Mundus and the sins in DMC3 and the manga) and when Tony declares his name (Dante) he suddenly does what I described above.

But at this point in the novel he is still kinda weak to that stuff, the blood sprayed all over him yet he wasn't affected which we catalogue as resistance, specially when Demon aren't exactly immune to this kind of stuff.

> This may be introducing headcanon and I apologize if it's taken that way, but could it not be the case that the poison started dissolving the monkey's body is due to the fact it was cut into pieces and dying? If we were to assume it was always this acidic to itself, it would have already dissolved itself long ago. This isn't the case like with Xenomorphs because resistance to their own blood has been actively demonstrated, so the logical conclusion in my mind is that Dante cutting it down had something to do with it.

But it was not dying? Moments prior Dante slashed him in the same manner and the monke regenerated back to top form and it was until the end that dante decapitated him and smashed his head that he actually died.

Regardless, the monke dissolving by his own blood and yet Dante standing unharmed by it shows he actually resist that.

Also, thanks for taking the time to help and deal with us and our wank/bs threads, most staff only tends to ignore us and then complain in other places after everything is done and said.

I don't know if it's something on my end but I cannot see your gifs
Well working on my end....do the links open to the imgur page?? Maybe that way it would work. I'll reupload again otherwise.

Well yeah...thats what I meant...New form resists...
My game mechanics point was for enemies not for Dante.
That's what I meant by working around it; by not resisting it he has to fight using melee to work around it. I'm sorry if that thought wasn't articulated properly.
Ohh...well then that's easy, we don't intend to use that as justification at all.
The justication is this..
Hax affect guns and null them in base..
Not affect guns at all in DT...hence resistance.
These justifications don't speak resistance to me
I'll not be able to defend this much since I have to sleep now.....

Also, thanks for taking the time to help and deal with us and our wank/bs threads, most staff only tends to ignore us and then complain in other places after everything is done and said.
This ....exactly this...its nice to have mod attention for CRTs from getgo....lots of doubts/misunderstandings can be solved this way in the thread itself rather than outside after its done.
Most mods avoid DMC like black plague.....so its nice to have attention.
👌👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back