• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry Discussion Thread 6

Dante vs Urizen record so far:

1-Base Dante vs Urize: Dante get rekt

2-DT Dante vs Urize: Dante stomped harder than before

3-DT Dante with Sparda vs Urize: Stomped again

4-Majin Dante vs Urize: Uknown.

The Chad Urizen making up for all those fodder demons in 2 and 4.

According to some leaks Dante think Nero is about equal to him after the latter unlock his DT. Not quiet sure tho.

It doesn't describe what Nero's DT is or how it look, although he does unlock DT near the end of the game.

It would be nice if they go to a more different style of a DT rather than the classic one Dante and Vergil have.

Not surprising if Nero reaches or surpasses Dante's level considering the earlier roasting Dante delivered to him about being "just dead weight".

Now with the novel out we know Dante's age though out the series

Manga 18 3 19 1 28 anime older then 28 but younger then 33 2 33 4 38 5 43

To be fair the way the fight was described was that Balrog was going all out and Dante was casual throughout the entire thing.

Balrog is Argosax' right hand man and Dante's new pair of gauntlets.

Also sparda became fodder because everyone and there mother (read final bosses) seem to have surpassed him.

Balrog was Argosax's right hand man? Are you sure you're not talking about Bolverk?

Jesterofgames said:
Wow, I'm impressed with the info! When it comes to the subject of Dante's age (which I've always been curious about), it seems as though DMC2 happened approximately 10 years before DMC5. Given that the anime happened exactly 10 years beforehand, and we know DMC2 takes place after that, I would estimate the exact amount of time to be 9 to 7 years before DMC5. I'll have to let The4thSnake know about this...

Yeah, they also seem to be making parts of dmc 1 novel canon. Not all of it since again it contradicts DMC3 and the manga is referenced in DMC3.

More BTN: https://twitter.com/DMC5Info/status/1101965802620809218

This officially proves the canonicity of the CD dramas with Machiavelli being the creator of Artemis and various demonic weapons and it's nice to know a peak DMC3 Vergil and Dante can beat a Mundus (albeit sealed) which is impressive considering Mundus created pretty powerful demons in this state.Vergil resisting Mundus's control and only obeyed him thanks to Mundus bargaining with the necklace

Also these "black knights" could explain Gilver but we will have to see.

Was re-reading some of the DMC1 novel to find out stuff about Gilver and what do you know Gilver is covered in black armor under his suit and he uses guns.That added with this new information from the BTN novel we find out that Mundus sent out black armor angelos to deal with Dante and Vergil before the events of 3 and these angelos are copied from Dante,Vergil and Sparda's battle data.Guy's you do know what this means right?

Yo guys, I've had a theory for a little while on the identity of Urizen. I'm pretty confident in this theory, so if you want to avoid any kind of possible spoilers don't read this.

So, to figure out the identity of Urizen, we need to figure out the few things we can deduce about him.

1: He is being kept so secret for a reason. There is no reason for everything surrounding him to be so secretive if his identity is not important, therefore we can deduce that he is, in some way, quite important.

2: He is not Mundus. Developers already confirmed this, although admittedly it's possible they lied to keep it hidden. I'm doubtful about that though.

3: He has some kind of connection to Mundus. Despite not being Mundus himself, the aesthetic of three eyes in a triangle shape on a black, voidesque background is quite telling that he's supposed to have a connection. The only major difference is the colour.

4: He is more powerful than any other villain thus far. Showing that even Dante in his current state is not as powerful as Urizen means that he's possibly the greatest threat in the series thus far. In fact, I'd state this as evidence against the theory that Urizen is Vergil, since Vergil has never been even remotely as powerful as Dante's post DMC1 forms.

5: We have never seen them before. I also heard this stated by developers, but admittedly I can't remember exactly where I found it.

So in total, we have 5 major points. He is definitely someone important, it is not Mundus, we have never seen them before, but they clearly have a connection to Mundus and we have reason to believe that he is far more powerful than Mundus. What if... Urizen is Mundus' father?

I think he and V are both Vergil.Vergil used the Yamato to split himself in two creating Urizen the demon half of Vergil and V the Human half of Vergil (since it was confirmed he was human by Matt) but this is my guess.

I'm not sold on the idea that Vergil is Urizen, but I'm almost 100% convinced that V is in some way, shape or form, Vergil.

Ogbunabali said:
I'm not sold on the idea that Vergil is Urizen, but I'm almost 100% convinced that V is in some way, shape or form, Vergil.
Why do you say that? I certainly understand from the evidence we've seen so far that V likely has some kind of connection to Vergil, but actually being Vergil in some way is a whole different story.

It's just a feeling. The way he was presented in the book translations really alluded to that.

Fair enough. I'm still pretty convinced of my theory, personally, although I'm still not quite sure what to make of V.

Back